The Relationship Advice Thread, by Dr. Calano

Medium

6 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

lol.

Me too sometimes, buddy, me too...  

But, hey, you can't be as old fashioned as a friend of mine... long story short, he and I have a lot of disagreements.

im old fashioned in the sense that i would rather "court" a girl than "date" her if that makes any sense. also, chivalry.

6 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

im old fashioned in the sense that i would rather "court" a girl than "date" her if that makes any sense. also, chivalry.

I see, I see.

I get that 100%. I understand the whole stuff with wanting something more like courting instead of the casual dating culture we have rn, if that's what you're meaning. 

For me, rn, I don't think I'm mature enough yet for either of those, and, besides, I still need to get over some stupid things I still have in my mindset before I can actually have a respectful relationship with a girl. 

34 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Chivalry is very very good to have as pretty much all girls I know greatly appreciate it :)

problem is, i get embarrassed easily lol.

31 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

I see, I see.

I get that 100%. I understand the whole stuff with wanting something more like courting instead of the casual dating culture we have rn, if that's what you're meaning. 

For me, rn, I don't think I'm mature enough yet for either of those, and, besides, I still need to get over some stupid things I still have in my mindset before I can actually have a respectful relationship with a girl. 

thats totally fair/

6 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Oh my stars I would way rather be courted than dated-

*coughs* especially the way Mat Cuathon does it.

Man what do we do when NO one can make the first move?? How do we…how…THERE HAVE BEEN THREE FRIDGIN GIRLS CHOICE DANCES IN A ROW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

46 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Oh my stars I would way rather be courted than dated-

*coughs* especially the way Mat Cuathon does it.

Man what do we do when NO one can make the first move?? How do we…how…THERE HAVE BEEN THREE FRIDGIN GIRLS CHOICE DANCES IN A ROW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt his wife get taken prisoner? maybe not the best thing lol.

22 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt his wife get taken prisoner? maybe not the best thing lol.

Close. That would be Perrin whose wife becomes a prisoner.

39 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Mat’s the one who takes his own wife prisoner before she’s his wife (sorta. It’s complicated). Then he gives her a horse :)

41 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Mat’s the one who takes his own wife prisoner before she’s his wife (sorta. It’s complicated). Then he gives her a horse :)

tecnicaly she was his half-wife when he kidnapped her. he swore his vows not her.

42 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

27 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

yes. that.

Huzzah for Stockholm Syndrome!!

13 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Ok ok PLEASE don’t be a dry texter. A lot of guys I know are fantastic to talk to in real life, and then you text them and it’s like they’ve been possessed by a demon who can only respond with “cool”. For the love of all the slugs in the cytoverse, have a normal conversation :P

my problem isnt being dry its actually being able to hold the conversation. its so sad i just dont know how to keep it going. anyone have anything?

7 minutes ago, Shardwatcher01 said:

my problem isnt being dry its actually being able to hold the conversation. its so sad i just dont know how to keep it going. anyone have anything?

Ask questions. Even if they seem mundane, people in general like it when you show interest in their life. Did she tell you a hobby she has that you don't know much about? Ask about it. Does she like to make food? Ask about that. Questions are a pretty solid way to keep a conversation going.

12 minutes ago, Shardwatcher01 said:

3 minutes ago, The cheeseman said:

Ask questions. Even if they seem mundane, people in general like it when you show interest in their life. Did she tell you a hobby she has that you don't know much about? Ask about it. Does she like to make food? Ask about that. Questions are a pretty solid way to keep a conversation going.

Questions are solid. Also, it helps if you're witty. Connections are good too--- like if you both like to draw, talk about how hard it is to draw feet. 

15 minutes ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Questions are solid. Also, it helps if you're witty. Connections are good too--- like if you both like to draw, talk about how hard it is to draw feet. 

yea but I'm also pretty sure she likes someone else, and so im just not sure how to approach anything

6 hours ago, Shardwatcher01 said:

yea but I'm also pretty sure she likes someone else, and so im just not sure how to approach anything

Get to know her first before you worry about anything else.

But also, don't be too crestfallen if she starts dating the other person while you're talking to her and don't ghost her if she does. 

*sigh*

Guys, I'm trying to talk to this guy, and I think he just doesn't care that much...

He kinda just ghosts a lot and I feel like I have to carry the convo by myself, and everything feels tight and awkward... :( 

It's almost stressful, cause I don't know how to act anymore...?

Help me plz o-O

Edited by Just-A-Stick

If he wants to get to know you, he'll put in the effort to talk to you 

The only thing that could be keeping him from doing so would be nerves, but it's easy to tell if you talk in person.

Ultimately, give it a shot or don't, but if he doesn't appreciate how awesome you are, then there's clearly someone else out there for you.

9 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

*sigh*

Guys, I'm trying to talk to this guy, and I think he just doesn't care that much...

He kinda just ghosts a lot and I feel like I have to carry the convo by myself, and everything feels tight and awkward... :( 

It's almost stressful, cause I don't know how to act anymore...?

Help me plz o-O

Either he has no clue what to say and is an idiot, like me, or hes not interested. I am inclined to think the first. A lot of guys just have no idea how to talk to girls they may have the slightest of feelings for. In many situations I’ve been in, my sense for carrying conversation has just flew out the window, leaving me having no idea what to talk about even though I do want to talk with them.