Lost Thoughts Vol. 2

Lost

I was frying up some potatoes and I got to thinking, as I am sometime prone to do. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Radiant/Spren relationship where the spren is the one who needs to develop and say different oaths? Or maybe it wouldn't be. I have to go. I can hear my potatoes starting to sizzle and I still need to cut the onion. 

8 hours ago, Lost said:

I was frying up some potatoes and I got to thinking, as I am sometime prone to do. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Radiant/Spren relationship where the spren is the one who needs to develop and say different oaths? Or maybe it wouldn't be. I have to go. I can hear my potatoes starting to sizzle and I still need to cut the onion. 

Maybe this should be in the Stormlight or General Cosmere section, but I do like this idea. I remember reading somewhere on the forums someone had the theory that that was what Voidbinding is.

RoW spoilers:

Spoiler

The idea behind this was it seemed Glys is the one controlling the visions Renarin had, and so they theorised that, as Renarin's visions are linked to Voidbinging, that this was the key feature of Voidbinding, being powers the Spren developed rather than their knight or surgebinder. It also would die to the Unmade being related to Voidbinding, if their own powers were things other spren could replicate.

12 hours ago, Ixthos said:

Maybe this should be in the Stormlight or General Cosmere section, but I do like this idea. I remember reading somewhere on the forums someone had the theory that that was what Voidbinding is.

RoW spoilers:

Hide contents

The idea behind this was it seemed Glys is the one controlling the visions Renarin had, and so they theorised that, as Renarin's visions are linked to Voidbinging, that this was the key feature of Voidbinding, being powers the Spren developed rather than their knight or surgebinder. It also would die to the Unmade being related to Voidbinding, if their own powers were things other spren could replicate.

Yeah. There's probably a better place for this. But I figured just a general discussion would be less intrusive than if posted it in the wrong spot in a part of the Cosmere forum. I need to better familiarize myself with the forum before creating more topics. I'll do that next time. I just didn't wanna burn my taters. 

7 hours ago, Lost said:

Yeah. There's probably a better place for this. But I figured just a general discussion would be less intrusive than if posted it in the wrong spot in a part of the Cosmere forum. I need to better familiarize myself with the forum before creating more topics. I'll do that next time. I just didn't wanna burn my taters. 

Fair enough, and we all live and learn :) still, the general rule for working out where to post Cosmere stuff is basically to place things in the dedicated board for them (i.e. new released will have a section specifically just for them, and talking about them in any other board requires using the spoiler box - and a warning it is about them - if you absolutely must bring them up in that discussion, though its better to keep that entirely restricted to the spoiler boards), and if the topic covers the whole of the Cosmere then it goes in the Cosmere discussion section rather than that of a specific book or series. This is a general Stormlight idea, that of a cool reversal of the Knight-Spren relationship, so it likely would be best to post this sort of topic in the Stormlight board. 

Anyhow, I hope you have fun here and posting in the forum! (And I hope your potatoes turned out well! Were you making chips?)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 4:51 AM, Ixthos said:

Anyhow, I hope you have fun here and posting in the forum! (And I hope your potatoes turned out well! Were you making chips?)

Not this time, but sometimes I do. I like slicing my potatoes fairly thin when I fry them, but I've never intentionally made chips. But sometimes cooking, like life, is about adapting and making the best out of your mistakes so sometimes my "Italian" seasoned fried potatoes turn into "Italian" seasoned chips. 

On 12/25/2022 at 10:20 PM, Lost said:

I don't know. The humans kinda make sense because they're not parts of a god. It would be cool, but the human's developing is what makes most sense.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, Gregorio said:

I don't know. The humans kinda make sense because they're not parts of a god. It would be cool, but the human's developing is what makes most sense.

Agreed... sort of. But we see

Spoiler

Syl growing and changing emotionally as a person as she learns to cope with the death of her first Knight. It happens over a much shorter period of time compared to Kaladin's story, but it hits the same beats concerning PTSD, grief, and other mental health issues. I was thinking that it might be interesting to see a "corrupted" Honorspren cope with how they are neither a spren of Honor or Odium and yet are a part of both. 

But those are potato thoughts. You can't always trust potato thoughts. 

Edited by Lost