Rep limit change

Cinnamon

Mmmmm, spaghetti.

7 minutes ago, AonEne said:

we are indeed just regular people none of us are kandra in disguise. not a single one. certainly not all of us in a grand conspiracy,

Of course we're not kandra. Our spikes give us mod powers, not shapeshifting abilities. We're like the forum/Discord version of Steel Inquisitors!

On 4/1/2023 at 2:07 PM, Kaymyth said:

Of course we're not kandra. Our spikes give us mod powers, not shapeshifting abilities. We're like the forum/Discord version of Steel Inquisitors!

Actually, we were theorising that you guys might be cyborgs, but forum steel inquisitors might be scarier. 
I am very glad that we have no need to be afraid of you and thank you very much Ene and Kamyth for abating our concerns and for taking the time to read our proposal!

• 7 months later...

Ah, yes, as I become more active, I am thinking about this more and more... hmm...

totally not posting so that more people see it because I genuinely think this is something I want to see addressed in some way or another. Totally not... Definitely not at all...

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ah, yes, as I become more active, I am thinking about this more and more... hmm...

totally not posting so that more people see it because I genuinely think this is something I want to see addressed in some way or another. Totally not... Definitely not at all...

I would totally give you a rep point but this is all I see for the last few days:

Spoiler

64d600e32dd25_Zrzutekranu2023-08-11113512.png.4a1b7cbac2f873dac3a0a5f024f8b118.png

This is my problem every time a new book comes out. There are so many new cool threads, new awesome theories, so many new interesting observations and engaging discussions, new people are coming to the forum to share their reactions and insights about those books and I really want to give them all a rep as I feel they all deserve that. I can't, it takes me several days to give them all a rep, if I even still remember about them. And that's on top of my regular daily upvoting activity. I would be very grateful if our sleepless moderators address this issue in any way.

this seems cool. Iv'e only hit the rep limit once, and that was after scrolling through old sanderson memes about shallan where I gave out like seven or eight, and I have another proposal that seems dumb but if you think about it kinda makes sense : you have a rep limit of 20, but an extra 5, or 10 or something, for the theories section and forum games.

Reposting from the Rep Poll thread:

On 7/25/2023 at 10:08 PM, Treamayne said:

I've noticed the main time I have hit the rep limit is SP release weeks. So many new posts all in a day or three (or more if my reading was delayed and I am trying to catch up on the spoiler discussions that went on during release week).

Probably difficult-to-impossible to implement, but I would love to see a running total system where is it 20/day - and on any day that you use less than 10, your total is now +1. That builds until <new max> or the first time you use them all (which resets to max=20) - that way we could "bank" some extra rep before a release (or other anticipatory event) without skewing the daily factor of everybody having "all the rep" to give. So, for example, ten days of < 10/day would yield one day of 30 max.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Is there any news about changing the limit? I reach it often, but it also is not the end of the world, so I was just wondering.

Doesn't appear to be. The mods would know most likely, but they've got a lot on their plate even without the secret projects and shard cast. Probably best to occasionally remind them in a casual and polite way, but not to be pestering them about it. I'm sure they'll get around to this eventually.