Gauging Interest and Rule Discussion & Ideas for: Capture the Flag... With AI

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ten turns is a long time. Considering the power cost for just a temporary boost that then significantly hinders you later, I think you could probably drop the reset rate for until after the debuff ends.

On 1/10/2023 at 3:27 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Got it, I'll change it.

EDIT: :lol: Two pages!

Edited by PyroPhile

On 1/3/2023 at 7:54 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Does the limit cost not apply to Stat upgrades?

On 1/3/2023 at 2:53 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

That's probably a good point. I'm going to say it doesn't.

What if you can't level up past your Limit level? Or if that doesn't work, you can only level up X levels past your limit?

Edit: Oh noes, sorry for double posting

Edited by PyroPhile

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Constriction sounds interesting, but as a single snake how do you plan to control three whole spaces?

I'd choose a single space that can be infront, behind, or to my side and that space would be the constricted space.

19 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ahh, so ka.

So I have more Clarifications on it. If I set constrict for a certain space then I can't move it, unless I stop it for an action and reset it up. And I also can't move while it is set up.

What would be a good energy cost? Hmm, what about none but I have to spend X amount of power times their speed when they move through the space? About 100 or 150?

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Name: Ly

Team: Red

• Strength: 4
  • Speed: 3
  • Defense: 4
  • Energy: 2
  • Limit: 6

Technique: Constriction. As an action you can set up a space infront, behind or to your side that is constricted. You may only have one constricted space at a time. By constricting a space you can spend X amount of power times the enemy players speed to constrict them when they move through it. When constricted all friendly player have an advantage over them in all actions.

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

player's*

Imma say Power is... 100 * Speed.

Also it might behoove you to specify in your Technique what "constricted" means :P

Fixed!

And I did specify unless you want the literal definition.

Name: Ly

Team: Red

• Strength: 4
  • Speed: 3
  • Defense: 4
  • Energy: 2
  • Limit: 6

Technique: Constriction. As an action you can set up a space infront, behind or to your side that is constricted. You may only have one constricted space at a time. By constricting a space you can spend 100 power times the players speed to constrict them when they move through it. When constricted all friendly player's have an advantage over them in all actions. 

re: player's

NO

Spoiler
Spoiler

Wrong "players" my guy :sobbing:

It's...

By constricting a space you can spend 100 power times the player's speed to constrict them when they move through it. When constricted all friendly players have an advantage over them in all actions. 

But anyways

So it's just advantage? Not "no movement"?

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

So it's just advantage? Not "no movement"?

I could add no movement, and it would take a extra turn to remove being constricted. But I thought that it would just be my snakey dude leaving a single constricted spot by dropping his tail in a tree, though there are probably none, and it would stay as a constricted spot. And I'm free to move away from that spot. Though it would take power to regrow my tail and still only one at a time.

Mostly this was, because if I have a person in my tail what's stopping that from counting as touching them and capturing them my next turn? Because their turn would end and then I would get a chance at capturing them. I'm fine with changing parts just thinking that it might be too OP.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

...Anyone else?

Silhouette and Whysper have both expressed interest of other people that have expressed interest but haven't made one yet. So we'd need another person.

@The Bookwyrm @Shining Silhouette @Whysper