The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"First of all, now is not the time to move him. Second of all, there's no way you have a more 'secure' location than here."

Not to mention you - or whoever you're taking orders from, anyways - is the culprit here without a doubt.

"Go ahead and choose who to let in first, then."

"I would like to," Cufre put in.

"I already said Rayvyn or Nath." Fadran sighed, then said, "But sure, you can go ahead, Cufre. You're his brother after all."

Do I even have to keep humoring this newcomer? Icona, couldn't you just... kick him?

Icona thought about that. Only if he directly violated the rules. So far he's been frustratingly placid about this situation.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I already said Rayvyn or Nath." Fadran sighed, then said, "But sure, you can go ahead, Cufre. You're his brother after all."

Do I even have to keep humoring this newcomer? Icona, couldn't you just... kick him?

Icona thought about that. Only if he directly violated the rules. So far he's been frustratingly placid about this situation.

Cufre nodded, and the man tensed. Carefully, the brother opened the door. "Hey, Tacien."

The boy was still in a corner of the room, looking bruised and battered. He looked up as Cufre entered, then looked back down with little reaction. Cufre glanced back at Fadran, as though asking what to do now.

1 minute ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Are you aware that there are two different speaking characters that I'm managing right now? One is Cufre, the brother, who has spoken far less. The other is the persistent man who says he wants to take the boy to a secure location.

4 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Interesting, interesting... Are there specific limits to this... Projection thing?"

"Some. I cannot project myself across multiple realms at once and the number of times I project at the same time increases the strain on me. Additionally, damage to the projections do not effect me, but I will feel any damage as though it were a pinprick."

Apologies for taking so long to return. I had a pretty rough day. However, I have returned.

Nath silences his steps as he walks. He stops beside Fadran looking kindly into the room at the boy.

3 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Azra walked into the inn. So many rooms…

Well, I might as well do a little exploring. She pushed open the nearest door and found a little boy inside, talking to the owner of the inn and some other people. “Hello,” she said. “What’s your name?”

Okay, so about 2 pages of stuff has happened since you asked this, but I hope the offer for character interaction still stands. If not that’s fine.

Edited by Shadowed

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Some. I cannot project myself across multiple realms at once and the number of times I project at the same time increases the strain on me. Additionally, damage to the projections do not effect me, but I will feel any damage as though it were a pinprick."

Nath silences his steps as he walks. He stops beside Fadran looking kindly into the room at the boy.

The boy locked eyes with Nath, expression searching. He turned back to his brother, who appeared to be trying to comfort him, albeit very awkwardly.

The man was beginning to look very impatient.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Are you aware that there are two different speaking characters that I'm managing right now? One is Cufre, the brother, who has spoken far less. The other is the persistent man who says he wants to take the boy to a secure location.

Yup! I'm aware, and the guy with the metal hands I dislike. The latter.

16 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Okay, so about 2 pages of stuff has happened since you asked this, but I hope the offer for character interaction still stands. If not that’s fine.

Well, Gone actually went to the cafe earlier, but you can catch him as he bear-crawls out of his room.

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The boy locked eyes with Nath, expression searching. He turned back to his brother, who appeared to be trying to comfort him, albeit very awkwardly.

Nath sighs internally. He proceeds slowly into the room. Each step deliberate. His rage at seeing what had happened to the boy and the way he is being pulled in all directions fills him with a level of rage that in the past had turned back gods and their armies. It does not surface however. It remains buried deep in his soul. Instead he allows love and concern as true to show. He kneels beside the brother saying nothing.

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I could temporarily sswallow thiss man if he iss caussing you trouble."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath sighs internally. He proceeds slowly into the room. Each step deliberate. His rage at seeing what had happened to the boy and the way he is being pulled in all directions fills him with a level of rage that in the past had turned back gods and their armies. It does not surface however. It remains buried deep in his soul. Instead he allows love and concern as true to show. He kneels beside the brother saying nothing.

Cufre looked at Nath, a bit perplexed. Suddenly, the boy's eyes widened and he got to his feet, sprinting between the two and out into the lobby.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

'Whoa, there!" Fadran grabbed the boy by the back of his collar. "Careful. You'll trip if you keep going like that."

Tacien gagged as the collar dug into his neck. Whipping out his dagger, he cut the cloth that Fadran was holding and made for the exit.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tacien gagged as the collar dug into his neck. Whipping out his dagger, he cut the cloth that Fadran was holding and made for the exit.

Marilyn sprinted after him. She stepped in front of him before he could get out. "Just one thing before you leave. If you're willing to listen."

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Marilyn sprinted after him. She stepped in front of him before he could get out. "Just one thing before you leave. If you're willing to listen."

Tacien stopped in front of her and waited, staring her in the eyes.

14 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cufre looked at Nath, a bit perplexed. Suddenly, the boy's eyes widened and he got to his feet, sprinting between the two and out into the lobby.

Nath vanishes and reappears beside Fadran. A warms breeze whispering over all of them as Nath allows his voice to be heard by only the boy. Peace, Tacien. You have nothing to fear from me now or ever. I will not harm you. Who are you afraid of?" Nath's voice is gentle as the lightest spring breeze. He opens a link that opens his thoughts to the boy.

Edited by Nathrangking

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tacien stopped in front of her and waited, staring her in the eyes.

"I know you can't communicate but I just wanted to let you know how interesting it was to me that you knew where my home was because I didn't really know what it was like or anything so that meant a lot. And I wish I knew how you did it. And I don't think you should go on your own." She paused taking in breath. "I think you should let me come with you. Just to make sure that you stay safe and if you don't like me after a little while I'll leave and you'll never have to see me again. I'll shift and you won't know that you've ever seen me. I just don't think it's safe for you leave alone."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath vanishes and reappears beside Fadran. A warms breeze whispering over them as Nath allows his voice to be heard by only the boy. Peace, Tacien. You have nothing to fear from me now or ever. I will not harm you. Who are you afraid of?" Nath's voice is gentle as the lightest spring breeze. He opens a link that opens his thoughts to the boy.

Nothing came through the link except for a vague impression of fear and concern.

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"I know you can't communicate but I just wanted to let you know how interesting it was to me that you knew where my home was because I didn't really know what it was like or anything so that meant a lot. And I wish I knew how you did it. And I don't think you should go on your own." She paused taking in breath. "I think you should let me come with you. Just to make sure that you stay safe and if you don't like me after a little while I'll leave and you'll never have to see me again. I'll shift and you won't know that you've ever seen me. I just don't think it's safe for you leave alone."

Tacien gave no reaction to this, instead running past her. Both Cufre and the strange man ran after him, but the strange man got there first, stopping the boy by grabbing him by the shoulder. "Clearly the boy does not agree that this is a safe place to be."