The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Marilyn made a face. "But if the point of not killing them is to protect the boy isn't better to just not kill any of them?"

"Killing them will protect Tacien from further attempts to use him, and send a message to others who would do so."

12 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The responding silence was deafening.

"Hello?" she called out again, a note of panic entering into her voice.

Ilvaite began to run.

Beneath her feet, the soft carpet began to transform into smooth, cold, black-and-white tiles.

"Hello?" she cried out. "Anyone?"

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A parasite? Have you tried salt?"

"Salt?" Obsidian frowned. His face had almost returned to normal. "Food?"

@Mr. Misting

Edited by xinoehp512

8 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Good, the time for our conquesst-. Yess, conquesst of learning to being! To the Librariess!"

Scales walked outside. "I forgot where exactly it was...I think I remember seeing it by a cafe (?) while I was being teleported here. You know, the whole seeing-the-universe-and-having-your-mind-opened and all that jazz?"

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

What's going on with Ilvaite?

17 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ilvaite opened her eyes.

She was in a room she had never been in before. It was well furnished, but completely empty.

"Hello?" she called out.

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The responding silence was deafening.

"Hello?" she called out again, a note of panic entering into her voice.

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Ilvaite began to run.

Beneath her feet, the soft carpet began to transform into smooth, cold, black-and-white tiles.

"Hello?" she cried out. "Anyone?"

She appeared somewhere in the inn absent of people at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Scales walked outside. "I forgot where exactly it was...I think I remember seeing it by a cafe (?) while I was being teleported here. You know, the whole seeing-the-universe-and-having-your-mind-opened and all that jazz?"

"We can alwayss sstart there. And yess I do know about the whole sseeing-the-universse-and-having-your-mind-opened and all that jasz."

Quickly slithering after Scales, Pythor scanned the streets, his tail curling around any stray mice or rats for a snack.

Swallowing the last rat whole, Pythor grew a bit, gaining some extra mass.

"Ahhh, that'ss better. I think it'ss the one with the sscroll at the top. A rather common ssign of a library or knowledge."

"But it would harm Tacien in the process." 

"And would allowing the organization to kidnap him repeatedly without consequence, thereby informing others who wish to use the boy's powers that their own attempts will go similarly unpunished not harm him more?"

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"And would allowing the organization to kidnap him repeatedly without consequence, thereby informing others who wish to use the boy's powers that their own attempts will go similarly unpunished not harm him more?"

"No one said there wouldn't be any consequences but I think that killing them would be a consequence that would do more harm to Tacien than something else."

"No one said there wouldn't be any consequences but I think that killing them would be a consequence that would do more harm to Tacien than something else."

"Killing them is the only consequence that will convince them, and more importantly others, that taking Tacien will not be tolerated."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

A young boy appeared now to Ilvaite, seeming warped and distorted, a light be cast off of him in a way that suggested a pull at his essence. Colors bent off of him prismatically. He watched her distress with concern, but did not speak or do anything.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Killing them is the only consequence that will convince them, and more importantly others, that taking Tacien will not be tolerated."

"The attacks and kidnapping and all that stuff are going to keep coming no matter what we do. But protecting someone who's shutdown and withdrawn away from you is harder."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

A young boy appeared now to Ilvaite, seeming warped and distorted, a light be cast off of him in a way that suggested a pull at his essence. Colors bent off of him prismatically. He watched her distress with concern, but did not speak or do anything.

Ilvaite slowed to a stop, trying to get her breathing under control. The surrounding hallway continued to shift around her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"The attacks and kidnapping and all that stuff are going to keep coming no matter what we do. But protecting someone who's shutdown and withdrawn away from you is harder."

"He's already shutdown and withdrawn," Rayvyn snapped. "Killing is something we can do to protect him. There's so much we can't do, but we can kill people. It's a comfort, if nothing else."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Ilvaite slowed to a stop, trying to get her breathing under control. The surrounding hallway continued to shift around her.

"Who are you?" she asked.

He did not speak, but he approached her carefully. He seemed to only be six or seven years old.

"That is not true. The attacks will stop, if we convince those behind them of the certain death they will bring."