The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, Aes Sedai said:

She stared at it for a moment. "I'm so, so sorry," she whispered. Then she shoved it back in his hand, turned, and ran. 

He stood for a moment, expression conflicted, then ran after her at a dead sprint, dropping the knife, Cufre watching dumbfounded as the scene unfolded. He caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her tightly, hanging on like a stubborn child.

He has decided that her trauma is more important to him than her betrayal.

12 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

An apparition appeared in front of Azra. It was the boy, covered in frost. The figure was oddly distorted, as it had been when it appeared to Dave and Obsidian. The boy seemed to warp, colors splaying prismatically and light stretching off from him. He looked at Azra.

Azra nearly jumped out of her skin. In her addled state, she was half convinced he was some sort of monster coming to get her, but her focus cleared and she realised it was that boy. “Why are you here?” she whispered, unable to summon her usual animated countenance.

I missed 15 pages, so he’s probably not there anymore even in the hologram/apparition thing. I’m posting this anyway, in case he is.

Edited by Shadowed

So I leave and miss ten pages and like all of the plot. Okay.

It was over. They had Tacien back.

But one of their own was left behind.

Bookwyrm stood in the snow blasted wasteland, searching. A ring of blue fire carefully hovered in the air above him, thawing the land, melting the snow, and keeping him warm.

"Do you see her yet?" Bookwyrm yelled over the howling wind.

"No," Windaphra replied. "I'll keep looking."

Bookwyrm sighed and shoved down his doubt. He barely knew Marilyn, but wasn't about to leave her to die.

Not like I had much else to do. They seemed to manage without me...

Suddenly the call came over the wind to Bookwyrm's mind.

"Here! I found her!"

Bookwyrm ran as fast as he could, snow melting, then steaming, as they came under his fire's warmth. As he neared where Windaphra hovered, the snow melted to reveal an unconscious, frozen body. She looked unfamiliar, feature-wise. But it had to Marilyn.

Bookwyrm picked her up, hoping the fire would start to counteract some of the effects of the cold. Worlds, if she has frostbite...

"Let's find the return portal!" Windaphra said.

"No time! Any longer here and we risk killing us both. I can make it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind. Universes revealed themselves to him, but they were completely unfamiliar. He wouldn't be able to travel to any of them. He scoured them desperately, looking...

There! A familiar world, twinkling like a star in the darkness.

Bookwyrm seized it with his mind. Reality shifted, and he fell to the floor of the entrance hall of the Mishmash Inn with the unconscious Marilyn.

@InfiniteInsanity

…sorry. It happened so fast.

10 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stood for a moment, expression conflicted, then ran after her at a dead sprint, dropping the knife, Cufre watching dumbfounded as the scene unfolded. He caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her tightly, hanging on like a stubborn child.

Rayvyn looked at him. “You can’t stay around me. I don’t know when he’ll be back, and when he comes, because he will come, you’ll be in danger again. You know that. Hi Nath.”

Edited by Aes Sedai

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn looked at him. “You can’t stay around me. I don’t know when he’ll be back, and if you comes, you’ll be in danger again. You know that. Hi Nath.”

Nath schools his face allowing no emotions to show. " Despite your inclinations you resisted admirably you think yourself a danger to Tacien and yet you did what you could to prevent him from being harmed. He wants you to protect him. I can teach you both a thing or two I think. You could gain more control of yourself if you simply learned how and Tacien has what to learn and teach as well."

@The Aspiring Archivist 

2 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath schools his face allowing no emotions to show. " Despite your inclinations you resisted admirably you think yourself a danger to Tacien and yet you did what you could to prevent him from being harmed. He wants you to protect him. I can teach you both a thing or two I think. You could gain more control of yourself if you simply learned how and Tacien has what to learn and teach as well."

@The Aspiring Archivist 

Rayvyn shakes her head. “We could try, but…I don’t know that it would work. And I did very little. It is only because of the others that he survived.”

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn shakes her head. “We could try, but…I don’t know that it would work. And I did very little. It is only because of the others that he survived.”

Nath allows his face to soften slightly. "You don't give yourself enough credit. How do you think that they managed to do anything at all? You gave us time we would not otherwise have had. Maybe it won't work. However, the first step is up to you. If you want to learn I have had much experience teaching."  

Bookwyrm tried to stand up, but the sudden strain of his emergency teleportation had sucked far, far more energy out of him than it should have. 

He groaned, then fell unconscious and collapsed to the floor of the main entrance hall.

@InfiniteInsanity

Anyone want to come find two unconscious figures on the floor of the entrance hall?

13 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath allows his face to soften slightly. "You don't give yourself enough credit. How do you think that they managed to do anything at all? You gave us time we would not otherwise have had. Maybe it won't work. However, the first step is up to you. If you want to learn I have had much experience teaching."  

“I am willing to learn.”

I always want to, but it might be a minute.

Edited by Aes Sedai

Drat, I was about to say I missed 16 pages, but Shadowed nearly had me beat by 15. And Nath got here before I did. Oh well. I still have the record in missed replies, I think.

Anyway, Nath: did your character's projection stay in the kitchen all that time? If it was gone at some point, it may clear Galard to actually do something interesting.

... Which isn't much, his magic is mainly teleportation stuff, but still.

8 hours ago, Shadowed said:

Azra nearly jumped out of her skin. In her addled state, she was half convinced he was some sort of monster coming to get her, but her focus cleared and she realised it was that boy. “Why are you here?” she whispered, unable to summon her usual animated countenance.

He isn't.

45 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

32 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

“I am willing to learn.”

Through all of this, Tacien clung on stubbornly. Cufre had approached, and he had apparently decided not to interfere yet, although he was wary.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave raised a finger. "Ah! But, if you eat me I can't get you apples, and these polite folks will probably kill you somehow."

"If I ate you, you would be me," Obsidian said confidently. "And I can not be killed."

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath shakes his head as he considers the carnage that his allies wrought. He quietly appears beside Rayvyn and Tacien.

Silver yelped as the glowing figure appeared in midair. "What the-"

@Nathrangking

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Lets say that when he stepped through the portal the projection vanished.

Great, thanks.

Nath's projection disappeared suddenly, and Galard got up and walked to the lobby. What he saw there was... Odd.

Nath was talking to a woman who had... Was it the child with the changing eye colors from yesterday? Clinging to her feet. There was a msn carrying chains, covered to the shoulder with black goo that was going out from another person, just out of sight from Nath.

He decided to walk up to the black goo person. "Is that-" he said, pointing at the black goo "- normal?"

10 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"If I ate you, you would be me," Obsidian said confidently. "And I can not be killed."

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave raised a finger. "Ah! But, if you eat me I can't get you apples, and these polite folks will probably kill you somehow."

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

"I severely doubt you can withstand me invoking my power. The problem is I don't know if I could withstand it either." Dave trailed off thoughtfully. 

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Nath's projection disappeared suddenly, and Galard got up and walked to the lobby. What he saw there was... Odd.

Nath was talking to a woman who had... Was it the child with the changing eye colors from yesterday? Clinging to her feet. There was a msn carrying chains, covered to the shoulder with black goo that was going out from another person, just out of sight from Nath.

He decided to walk up to the black goo person. "Is that-" he said, pointing at the black goo "- normal?"

Dave quirked a smile. "For him maybe. I'm finding it to be an interesting experience.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"I severely doubt you can withstand me invoking my power. The problem is I don't know if I could withstand it either." Dave trailed off thoughtfully. 

"But I do not have a death state," rebutted Obsidian. "I will always persist."

Gone stares at Tacien. Then he looks at Cufre. "You must like him a lot."

storm it Archivist, I was gonna be a sad little kid that made everyone sad, then you went and were a sadder littler kid that made everyone sadder. :D

4 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Dave quirked a smile. "For him maybe. I'm finding it to be an interesting experience.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"But I do not have a death state," rebutted Obsidian. "I will always persist."

"... Right. There's an immortal semi-deity guy around the corner, I'll go fetch him."

Galard went a bit backward, then went toward where Nath was. "Hey, Nath! It seems like one of the guests covers another in some sort of black goo? Can you maybe cone and help?"

Sadly, Galard isn't OP. So he sometimes just calls for help.

@Nathrangking