The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

EmLee experienced that, but nothing changed for Tacien. I don't know if he could maybe sense Marilyn reading his thoughts, but the pain thing wouldn't be noticable.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Hmm... I see. What I thought is that she pushed in and experienced those things, but they were not simply present in her mind they were alsp present in his. If that is the case then a more active change even if most of it was confined to someone else would still be noticed by Nath.

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

He wrote his name under the paper, but resolved to leave a little later. He wanted to see how everyone else in the Inn was doing.

@Channelknight Fadran

You can join the other thread and still have interactions here. Just say the Mishmash Inn thread happened an hour or so before the Eltelia thread. Easy.

2 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

"If other people are going, I don't want to be left alone." Gone said emphatically. He had only recently realized that being lonely was something that could be prevented, and he wanted to prevent it as thoroughly as possible. "If I could help on either one, I want to. Mr. Fadran was nice to me, and he's letting me stay here. I want to help with one of them."

Awwwwwwwww

"Mr. Fadran"

that gives me such seretonin :wub:

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard nodded, somewhat wistfully. "It's pretty much the same in my world. Dragons are hated and hunted by most humans. I come from a specific culture which, in elden times, worshipped dragons. The kingdom which they were part of didn't like it, and so they tried annihilating them. Legends say they were saved by a thunder of dragons, which moved mountains to surround the land where my ancestors lived." He sighed. "I was born and grew up in a valley - alongside Lightning here. My people no longer worship dragons, exactly, but we're in a close relationship with them. We were in for something of a shock when we crossed the mountains, Lightning and I."

"We weren't accepted very well by the locals. There was this one human who accepted Galard as an apprentice - long story - and I had to move in with a few dragons that lived about ten miles away from the city. It was all a huge mess until we found a place in between - the university was located close enough to the dragons' lairs. We had to work put a treaty between humans and dragons, and it didn't really hold up."

"... And that's our story, I guess. Which isn't too much related to what you were saying. Anything else?"

"Well, I was wondering,.." Klave looked down at his hands, then back up at Lightning. "Do dragons in your world have magic?"

40 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I have time for one post. Let's make it a good one. Let us see how events unfold. Until tomorrow I leave you with this.

Nath cautious as ever and yet curious ventures into his mind. His spirit venturing in a way few mortals ever can. Defenses within him honed by uncountable lifetimes stand at the ready. Armor flows around him as though preparing him for war. He whispers calmly to Tacien seeking to understand. He allows their minds to bleed into each other as eons of power balance their connection so that it will not be easily severed. 

Edited by Nathrangking

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath cautious as ever and yet curious ventures into his mind. His spirit venturing in a way few mortals ever can. Defenses within him honed by uncountable lifetimes stand at the ready. Armor flows around him as though preparing him for war. He whispers calmly to Tacien seeking to understand. He allows their minds to bleed into each other as eons of power balance their connection so that it will not be easily severed. 

As with EmLee, Nath felt the pain of pressure and confinement all around him, increasing in strength the further he delved. Then, there was an explosion of information to replace the seeming emptiness, moving to quickly and too densely to comprehend. The pain increased to frightening levels, but Nath was not ejected as EmLee was. However, the information was abrasive, eating at his consciousness, and the pain only kept increasing.

If Nath stays for too long, it might cause permanent damage to his mind.

Edit: I'm stupid and can't remember names

40 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Well, I was wondering,.." Klave looked down at his hands, then back up at Lightning. "Do dragons in your world have magic?"

"In a way, I guess. They can use Ether channeling - as can humans. It comes more naturally to dragons, though, as they use it for their flight." Galard chuckled. "After all, it's not physically possible for such large creatures to normally fly with so small wings."

"Don't forget the curses." Said Lightning. "When a dragon draws their final breath, they can lay a curse on anyone they know the names of." He shifted in place a bit. "Useful for when you want revenge on the puny human that killed you. We need a person's birth name for that one, though."

"But," concluded Galard, "nothing behind that, really. Unless you count the fire breathing, which, admittedly, no one's been able to explain."

14 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The sensation was awful, not just an ordinary pain but one that felt like it was eating away at her mind with a constant pressure. It created the illusion of being trapped, as though she were being crushed into a box that was growing smaller and smaller.

Then, for just a fraction of a second, she broke into his mind. There was a blinding flash of pure information that was impossible to perceive, a final burst of pain, and she was ejected from Tacien's mind, the connection gone. He sat there, apparently undisturbed. The pain lowered from its former excruciating level, but would persist quite strongly, along with the awful sensation of being trapped, for several hours to come.

EmLee withdrew from his mind and opened her eyes. She curled up into fetal position, hyperventilating. “That,” She said in a strained tone, “was not fun. I think I’m going to go and take a nap.”

On her way to her room, she decided to take a quick detour to add her name to the research team sign-up. 

I’m surprised this only grew one page since last night!

Just now, 2EmLee2 said:

EmLee withdrew from his mind and opened her eyes. She curled up into fetal position, hyperventilating. “That,” She said in a strained tone, “was not fun. I think I’m going to go and take a nap.”

On her way to her room, she decided to take a quick detour to add her name to the research team sign-up. 

Alright, I'm going to skip past the Nath thing with the assumption that he pulled away from Tacien's mind before it was potentially damaging.

A few minutes after she got to her room, Tacien knocked on her door.

1 minute ago, 2EmLee2 said:

EmLee opened it, looking surprised. “Hi! How can I help you?”

His face was still stuck with that odd, emotionless expression. He looked up at her and held out a snack that he must have taken from his room.

This is his feeble attempt to apologize for her pain, because he can't actually communicate it.

7 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"We can alwayss sstart there. And yess I do know about the whole sseeing-the-universse-and-having-your-mind-opened and all that jasz."

Quickly slithering after Scales, Pythor scanned the streets, his tail curling around any stray mice or rats for a snack.

Swallowing the last rat whole, Pythor grew a bit, gaining some extra mass.

"Ahhh, that'ss better. I think it'ss the one with the sscroll at the top. A rather common ssign of a library or knowledge."

"Or ninjass."

@Shining Silhouette

"Ninjassssssss can be quite frightful creaturessss"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

His face was still stuck with that odd, emotionless expression. He looked up at her and held out a snack that he must have taken from his room.

“Is this for me?” She accepted the treat. “Thank you.”

2 minutes ago, 2EmLee2 said:

“Is this for me?” She accepted the treat. “Thank you.”

He stood for a moment, watching her. Then he took out his dagger and traced a small cut along the length of his forearm, not even wincing at the pain.

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stood for a moment, watching her. Then he took out his dagger and traced a small cut along the length of his forearm, not even wincing at the pain.

EmLee widened her eyes. “What are you doing? You’ll hurt yourself!”

26 minutes ago, 2EmLee2 said:

EmLee widened her eyes. “What are you doing? You’ll hurt yourself!”

He still showed no reaction. He just looked down at the cut, which was quickly beginning to bleed, then back up at her. Then he turned and walked away.

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

"Ninjassssssss can be quite frightful creaturessss"

"Sso, sshall we sslither in? Tissss a good place to look for knoeledgessss."

Pythor raises his scaled claw and raps on the door. Tearing a little into the paper thin doorframe.

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Better how? I mean, tomorrow he'll probably be able to express emotion again, but... well. I just wanted you to know that you are worth a lot, okay? Don't forget that."

Gone smiles. "I'll try not to. Should we sign up for the thing?"