The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

37 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Sso, sshall we sslither in? Tissss a good place to look for knoeledgessss."

Pythor raises his scaled claw and raps on the door. Tearing a little into the paper thin doorframe.

A gnarled-looking something answered the door.

"NNNNNNNNNNNyes?", the something asked.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He looked a little confused at this. "What do you mean, will you ever be ready?"

"Well, it's hard to just say "I'm ready' at one time. I'm not going to be ready yet, but I have you, so with you I am ready!"

Pyro walked around the halls, looking for someone with fire magic, when he found the the adverts for helping with a research project and a junkyard cleanup. 

This looks interesting.

The junkyard cleanup looked interesting, but he was more of a science person. 

The research project, however, looked nearly perfect for him.

He took one of the sticky notes and applied.

Marilyn looked around her room bored. Everyone's probably busy. She sighed. You know what screw resting. I'm going to find something to do. 

She stood up, then very carefully and slowly walked out of the room and went to find something. When she came across the signs everything clicked. So that's where everyone went. She read them both through. Okay... so can I shift right now? She tried to shift back to the way she had looked when she had gotten here. Pain shot through her whole body. Nope. Great. I guess I'll go research plants.

Azra suddenly noticed where she was. The noticeboard behind her had two new sheets - a research project and a cleanup operation. Both sound dull. 

She thought she must be one of the last people left in the inn - which was just fine.

Honestly. It was. 

She decided to find herself a room for her and Iyin to sleep in for the night. It must be late by now. Perhaps sleep would banish the Golden Ones from her mind.

Perhaps, in the morning, she would awake a new person, unbowed by life’s experiences, free of the whispers of an insane mother and an insane street gang with insane magical abilities.

It was a futile hope, but a hope all the same.

I hope it’s okay if Azra stays at the inn and does her thing while everyone else is in the sub-threads doing whatever they’re doing there. I might join you at some point for character interaction, I just have to figure out where I’m going with Azra’s character first.

2 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

I hope it’s okay if Azra stays at the inn and does her thing while everyone else is in the sub-threads doing whatever they’re doing there. I might join you at some point for character interaction, I just have to figure out where I’m going with Azra’s character first.

Galard's still around. I don't think he'll go on any mission for now, but I have no real idea what to do with him in the meantime, frankly.

On 1/9/2023 at 0:11 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

"NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNYessssssssss" the something said once more.

"Very nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyell"

Pythor's tounge flicked in and out, once, twice, thrice. And then he struck, his tail wrapping around the creature. Constricting and binding it in place. Jaw unhinging, eyes glittering venomously, Pythor lunges downward, reaching to swallow the something.

@Shining Silhouette

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Theo dropped everything else.

The letter.

There, buried beneath it all.

From them.

The letter was unornamented, except in black text on the front which said simply;

Ut Mortus.

To Mortus. In the Old Tongue? They were clearly an old organization, as they knew the Old Tongue. The letter was already opened, but hastily resealed.

He opened it, and began to read.

Black Phoenix,

We recieved your epistle. We have reviewed it. We have found you worthy to join our grand ranks.

Meet at the original location. The Witching Hour. Three days from now.

Good luck.

Theo blinked. Veronica had applied for the position within their ranks. And chosen the moniker of Black Phoenix...

Deathfire. Of course. Rising from the ashes of this fallen family, the Fallen House of Mortus.

Theo raced out of the room, back to his study. They knew the Old Tongue, they used monikers, dramatic ones, and met deep in the night.

In this City? Or... No. Outside of the City.

pretty soon Theo will be ready to join up with someone(s), and add all this to the plot of whomever he joins up with.

EmLee awoke from her nap, head still hurting ever so slightly. She decided getting up and being productive would be a better option than laying around, feeling sorry for herself.

She went down to the lobby, where she saw the research mission she had signed up for. Dress code: Cloaks, tunics, boots, gloves, and top hats. Sounds snazzy, with the top hats and everything. She ran back up to her room, shuffling through her closet. She picked out a black cloak that shone purple in certain lights; a deep blue tunic with white embroidery around the edges; a white leather braided belt; a nice pair of leather boots ornamented with dainty buckles and elegant silver charms; stylish blue wool gloves with carved wooden buttons; finally, for the cherry on top, a black top hat with a bright pink band around the base, with a single red poppy flower tucked in. Perfect.

After changing, EmLee found the portal to the mission and stepped through.

On 1/9/2023 at 0:15 PM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Pythor's tounge flicked in and out, once, twice, thrice. And then he struck, his tail wrapping around the creature. Constricting and binding it in place. Jaw unhinging, eyes glittering venomously, Pythor lunges downward, reaching to swallow the something.

@Shining Silhouette

@Shining Silhouette