The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Ah my word humans! I want to do this but storms. I have a life!! (kinda). Light, that's just a lot of new stuff.

Before the 'brothers' went into their room:

Rayvyn smiled, trying to calm Tacien. What's wrong? Does he know something, something dangerous that's going to happen? I won't let him be hurt, but how to convey that...

After they went into their room:

Rayvyn watched the newcomer skeptically. Of course, she couldn't judge the amount of blood he was leaving behind him; she had to put herself in mortal danger every time she wanted to go somewhere. But still...he bothered her.

Now! 

Sidling up to the two of them, Rayvyn eavesdropped for a minute before making her presence known. "Is there anyway to know who we can really trust? Or somewhere safer, somewhere we can take him that's safe and away from all the dangerous people?" She asks Fadran. 

4 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Before the 'brothers' went into their room:

Rayvyn smiled, trying to calm Tacien. What's wrong? Does he know something, something dangerous that's going to happen? I won't let him be hurt, but how to convey that...

After they went into their room:

Rayvyn watched the newcomer skeptically. Of course, she couldn't judge the amount of blood he was leaving behind him; she had to put herself in mortal danger every time she wanted to go somewhere. But still...he bothered her.

Now! 

Sidling up to the two of them, Rayvyn eavesdropped for a minute before making her presence known. "Is there anyway to know who we can really trust? Or somewhere safer, somewhere we can take him that's safe and away from all the dangerous people?" She asks Fadran. 

Oh, I should clarify. It really is his brother. The other guy is lying. But Rayvyn doesn't need to know that :ph34r:

"What?" Cufre asked indignantly. "Take him away?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"What?" Cufre asked indignantly. "Take him away?"

Rayvyn shrugs. "One of you is lying, and since I can't read minds, the safest thing for him is to get rid of both of you. It's simple logic."

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn shrugs. "One of you is lying, and since I can't read minds, the safest thing for him is to get rid of both of you. It's simple logic."

"No!"

The man with metal hands approached from behind them. "Silence, impostor. I am here to take the boy to a safe place, as you suggest."

"No!"

The man with metal hands approached from behind them. "Silence, impostor. I am here to take the boy to a safe place, as you suggest."

Quick as a flash, Rayvyn has a knife to each of their throats. "No, you most certainly are not. The boy is staying here until we know which of you to kill." She looks around, sighing. "An inn full of magical creatures, adventurers, and weirdos--and more than that, I'm sure--and not one person can read minds, or at least intents?!"

1 minute ago, Aes Sedai said:

Quick as a flash, Rayvyn has a knife to each of their throats. "No, you most certainly are not. The boy is staying here until we know which of you to kill." She looks around, sighing. "An inn full of magical creatures, adventurers, and weirdos--and more than that, I'm sure--and not one person can read minds, or at least intents?!"

Klave approached, arms folded. "Tacien can. And he seems to trust his brother."

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Obsidian furrowed his brow then shook his head.

"I've already interrupted Fadran enough and the sentient being about the house seems shy, so the only option seems to be aimless wandering!" Dave concluded with a smile.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

Equally as fast, the man grabbed the blade and crushed it in his metal hand. "I will have none of this. I am taking the child for his own safety."

"You most certainly are not!" the brother yelled, looking like he wanted to attack the other man.

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Actually, his ability does not allow that. He knows the intent of who he thinks he is seeing, but that image is a lie."

5 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Equally as fast, the man grabbed the blade and crushed it in his metal hand. "I will have none of this. I am taking the child for his own safety."

"You most certainly are not!" the brother yelled, looking like he wanted to attack the other man.

"Actually, his ability does not allow that. He knows the intent of who he thinks he is seeing, but that image is a lie."

"I don't believe you."

3 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

“It’s complicated to explain. Would you like a demonstration instead?”

Klave glanced at Pyro, then nodded. "Go ahead."

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"He doesn't seem to trust anyone," Rayvyn objected. "He trusted us easily enough, and goodness knows that was hasty. He's less afraid of Cufre, but that could mean a variety of things." Rayvyn glares at the man. "How dare you? At the very least, you could have thrown the dagger. You don't need to destroy something so useful. And your insistence on taking the boy is only making you more suspicious, by the way."

"I don't believe you. Unhand the child, or I will take drastic action."

Klave glanced at Pyro, then nodded. "Go ahead."

The man is not holding the child. No one is, Tacien is in the room.

"He doesn't seem to trust anyone," Rayvyn objected. "He trusted us easily enough, and goodness knows that was hasty. He's less afraid of Cufre, but that could mean a variety of things." Rayvyn glares at the man. "How dare you? At the very least, you could have thrown the dagger. You don't need to destroy something so useful. And your insistence on taking the boy is only making you more suspicious, by the way."

"What do you want me to say? I'm trying to get him to safety."

"What do you want me to say? I'm trying to get him to safety."

"Safety," she scoffed. "I don't even know if such a thing exists, and if it did, why should I believe that you have found it?"

"Then why are you the only one attempting to remove the child from safety?"

"The child is not safe as it stands. He's in a room with an impostor, who is likely trying to exploit him for information."

"Safety," she scoffed. "I don't even know if such a thing exists, and if it did, why should I believe that you have found it?"

"I work for a very powerful organization. Believe me, this is not my first time dealing with this kind of situation."

6 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"What evidence do you have to back up this claim?"

"None yet, but let's check on the child." Before giving anyone a chance to protest, he pushed into the room. There, Tacien cat curled up in the corner, looking traumatized and afraid. His face had a fresh bruise, and there were bleeding scrapes on his arms.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"None yet, but let's check on the child." Before giving anyone a chance to protest, he pushed into the room. There, Tacien cat curled up in the corner, looking traumatized and afraid. His face had a fresh bruise, and the were bleeding scrapes on his arms.

Marilyn walked up to the group. She had been listening in for a while. She tapped on the man's shoulder. "I have an idea if your willing to listen."