The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Nath's annoyance bubbles up. He vanishes in part from the kitchen with a semisolid projection remaining there while his true form appears in the void. "Ladies and gentlemen..." His eyes lock on the metal-handed man before settling on the child. Nath sends a warm soothing breeze to surround him and calm him.

"You all want to protect the boy then prove it. A neutral third party should be allowed to keep him safe. Clearly while there are other parties looking to protect him they are inadequate to the task else we would not find ourselves here. I invoke my position as the first son of magic and swear to protect the boy until my dying breath so may it be done." 

A wave of energy envelopes the aether as if the macrocosmos were responding to him.

Nath gives Fadran a look of we'll talk about this later.

@Channelknight Fadran @Aes Sedai @The Aspiring Archivist

Edited by Nathrangking

Rayvyn looks impressed at that. "Good oath," she mumbles. "I don't know if I could classify anyone as a neutral third party in this scenario, but you're either a very good faker or you're telling the truth. I suppose I can agree with this, so long as I can keep an eye on him."

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath's annoyance bubbles up. He vanishes in part from the kitchen with a semisolid projection remaining there while his true form appears in the void. "Ladies and gentlemen..." His eyes lock on the metal handed man before settling on the child. Nath sends a warm soothing breeze to surround him and calm him.

"You all want to protect the boy then prove it. A neutral third party should be allowed to keep him safe. Clearly while there are other parties looking to protect him they are inadequate to the task else we would not find ourselves here. I invoke my position as the first son of magic and swear to protect the boy until my dying breath so may it be done." 

A wave of energy envelopes the either as if the macrocosmos were responding to him.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

My guy, I've been working for three months making sure nothing like the Beorin incident happens again. None of the threats here are actually threatening.

"Because you said you'd rather stay here?" Fadran patted the little lad on the head. "Listen. Nothing here is evil. The conditions for entry select against those with premeditated or otherwise detectable levels of malice and hatred. That doesn't technically stop things like ancient drifters and eldritch horrors from coming in, but as long as we keep them nice and cozy downstairs - don't bother them or anything - then they aren't likely to wake from their eternal slumber."

"Who are you? You are hardly trustworthy."

Cufre spoke up. "How's about we get out of this void place and see what the boy thinks."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cufre spoke up. "How's about we get out of this void place and see what the boy thinks."

Who said that? Cufre?

"How dreadfully impolite of me. I'm Nathrangking who among other things is the first son of magic and the originator of Mindscapes. My oath and word have been confirmed by the macrcosmos itself so you needn't trust my word alone. Unless you think that reality is no good guarantor for me. Fadran my friend created this place as a haven. I am one of its guardians and as such, this is one of the safest places if not the safest in all of existence for the boy."

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

"How dreadfully impolite of me. I'm Nathrangking who among other things is the first son of magic and the originator of Mindscapes. My oath and word have been confirmed by the macrcosmos itself so you needn't trust my word alone. Unless you think that reality is no good guarantor for me. Fadran my friend created this place as a haven. I am one of its guardians and as such, this is one of the safest places if not the safest in all of existence for the boy."

The man said the first thing, Cufre said the second. Also, I'm assuming that Tacien is still back in the room because he was away from the group and Fadran was trying to keep him away from all the other people.

Cufre observed Nathrangking warily. "I'm afraid I don't know quite enough about the... macrocosmos. Still, can we please just go back to Tacien to get an idea of who to trust?"

9 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"I can certainly do so. Tell me, what does he like and where is he now?" Nath closes his eyes reaching deep into the fabrics of the mindscape. Subtly calling out to it and listening to it's song as it thrummed with power unrestrained.

Right. The revenge of the americans: I went to sleep and missed a few pages. I see Nath moved on (though why he was active at such hours baffles me, I'm pretty sure we're in the same timezone), and since I really don't want to complete this conversation now (and I have no idea how to reply), I'll assume Galard told Nath about Lightning's preferences and he conjured it.

Galard took his Omelette and the meat conjured by Nath, and went upstairs. There, Lightning seemed to wake up. "Breakfast." Said Galard. Lightning growled. "Morning." He said, and started to eat.

Galard vaught him up on everything that's happened to him so far downstairs - which, granted, wasn't much.

"So, what are we doing now that we're here?" Asked Lightning. "We need to do something during this vacation, right? Not just hole up in an inn."

"I kind of want to study this... 'mindscape' thing." Said Galard. "We'll see if anything more comes up. In the meanwhile..."

"I have to stay up here, because human societies don't incorporate dragons. I know. I think I smelled dragons around here before, but they didn't smell exactly like regular dragons. Even then, maybe I can talk to them." He rose, stretched his wings a bit, then folding them back. "I'll go talk to them, you be with the other human creatures. It'll be fine."

Galard chuckled. "I don't think Nath is human, per se, but I get your point. Goodbye!"

Galard went back downstairs, leaving Lightning to his devices.

@The Bookwyrm

I have no idea if your dragons are still free, but if they are they can talk to Lightning. That could be interesting.

Galard went back downstairs, finding Nath only half there and another person sitting. He looked at that person. "Do you have any idea what's going on with him?" He said, pointing at Nath. 

@PyroPhile

Timezones and stuff, Nath will probably respond first. Still, it's impolite to ignore other people in the room.

59 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard took his Omelette and the meat conjured by Nath, and went upstairs. There, Lightning seemed to wake up. "Breakfast." Said Galard. Lightning growled. "Morning." He said, and started to eat.

Galard vaught him up on everything that's happened to him so far downstairs - which, granted, wasn't much.

"So, what are we doing now that we're here?" Asked Lightning. "We need to do something during this vacation, right? Not just hole up in an inn."

"I kind of want to study this... 'mindscape' thing." Said Galard. "We'll see if anything more comes up. In the meanwhile..."

"I have to stay up here, because human societies don't incorporate dragons. I know. I think I smelled dragons around here before, but they didn't smell exactly like regular dragons. Even then, maybe I can talk to them." He rose, stretched his wings a bit, then folding them back. "I'll go talk to them, you be with the other human creatures. It'll be fine."

Galard chuckled. "I don't think Nath is human, per se, but I get your point. Goodbye!"

Galard went back downstairs, leaving Lightning to his devices.

@The Bookwyrm

Galard went back downstairs, finding Nath only half there and another person sitting. He looked at that person. "Do you have any idea what's going on with him?" He said, pointing at Nath. 

@PyroPhile

I keep weird hours which is why I continued on.We are most certainly in both the same timezone and country.

Nath responds to him. "I have been forced to intervene elsewhere in this inn. That is why this projection remains. It is an aspect of me you might say and in can respond as I would while the other issue is being dealt with."

5 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath responds to him. "I have been forced to intervene elsewhere in this inn. That is why this projection remains. It is an aspect of me you might say and in can respond as I would while the other issue is being dealt with."

What was the response to Cufre's question?

That was not directed at this group. It was directed at Trutharchivist's character. Nath is interacting with both groups at the same time. He did not respond to Cufre that's something that was more appropriate for Fadran to answer.

@Channelknight Fadran @The Aspiring Archivist

20 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"Oh. Is that a mindscape thing? Or a you thing?" Galard asked, seating slowly on an empty chair.

17 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh. Is that a mindscape thing? Or a you thing?" Galard asked, seating slowly on an empty chair.

"It's a skill that I am personally able to use due to my nature. Though with sufficient practice one might be able to produce a similar effect using mindscape magic."

And now until later I must attend to real world matters.

Edited by Nathrangking

Eliira studied the strange metal object in her hands, supremely confused. “So… what is this again?” She asked Zir’ii as he zipped ahead as a ribbon of amber light. He looped about and landed on her hands in the form of a tiny dragon.

It is a key, Eliira. You use it to open things.

“Like a chest?”

Like a door, Human. Zir’ii pointed to a tag dangling off the side of the key. The key unlocks the door with this number. “Oh.” Eliira breathed. “So that’s why that guy have it to me. I thought it was a gift, or something.”

After being confronted by yet another human, Eliira had awkwardly extracted herself from the hoard that was forming and hastily escaped down the carpeted hallways.

Zir’ii sighed and burst into a tiny amber cloud and began searching the hallways again. Ah, here we are! He said proudly, hovering in front of a door. Number 77. A nice palindrome for your strange Alethi heritage.

“I am not an Alethi. Sure, I explored those lands for a couple years, but I am not Alethi. I’m Riran.”

Whatever. Zir’ii replied, slipping into the keyhole. Put the key in here and twist it to the right. Then open the door.

Eliira shrugged and did as the strange spren said, opening to door to reveal a nicely furnished room, with wooden paneling, a comfortable bed and, most importantly, an ensuite.

“Ooooh!” She gasped, quickly slipping into the room and slamming the door shut, taking her heavy pack from her shoulders and settling it onto the carpeted floor. “It’s so… nice!” Eliira quickly opened the window shutters to let in a fresh breeze.

She opened the door again, peeking down the corridor. Seeing no one, she closed it and locked it with Zir’ii’s instruction. She put her back to the door. “I am NOT leaving this room until I can leave again. There are too many people!”

And if you get hungry? Zir’ii asked from where he was exploring the ensuite. What’ll you do?

“I’ll make do.” She replied, pulling out a massive tome from her pack. She handled it reverently and settled onto the springy bed. Opening it to the title page, it read The Complete Collection of Mistborn: From the Histories of Scadrial. Written by Cephrandrius.

A book? You’re supposed to be filled with wanderlust! Zir’ii blustered.

“Stories are exploring. I’m going to stay here and read this until we can get back to Roshar.”

Zir’ii rolled his amber eyes. Oh, you’re going to itch to explore sometime. Just you wait…

Sorry to interrupt your plotline again! Um… so currently I’m not at school, meaning that I can’t be on the Shard as I’d like… so I’m putting Eliira away for now, as I can’t keep up with events at the mo. She’ll return on the 1st of Feb! Eliira may poke around a bit, but won’t be part of the main exploration. So… see y’all at some point! (Just ping me if you wanna see her interact with something specific that isn’t part of the main plot!) Mkay bai

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath's annoyance bubbles up. He vanishes in part from the kitchen with a semisolid projection remaining there while his true form appears in the void. "Ladies and gentlemen..." His eyes lock on the metal-handed man before settling on the child. Nath sends a warm soothing breeze to surround him and calm him.

A wave of energy envelopes the aether as if the macrocosmos were responding to him.

6 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

6 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Cufre observed Nathrangking warily. "I'm afraid I don't know quite enough about the... macrocosmos. Still, can we please just go back to Tacien to get an idea of who to trust?"

“If anyone is up to the task, it’s Nath,” Fadran replied. Not that that would mean much to this insistent newcomer (Fadran was trusting him less and less by the second). “And I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. All of you guys teamed up couldn’t lay a finger on him.”

The same - to an extent - could be said about himself, of course. But avoiding a mess here was top priority, and if anyone could be clean about solving a problem, it was most certainly Nath.

”I would urge you to accept his generous offer,” Fadran concluded.

26 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

“If anyone is up to the task, it’s Nath,” Fadran replied. Not that that would mean much to this insistent newcomer (Fadran was trusting him less and less by the second). “And I don’t think there’s much you can do about it. All of you guys teamed up couldn’t lay a finger on him.”

The same - to an extent - could be said about himself, of course. But avoiding a mess here was top priority, and if anyone could be clean about solving a problem, it was most certainly Nath.

”I would urge you to accept his generous offer,” Fadran concluded.

"I trust this guy." Marilyn points at Nath. "But I do think we should get the little boy's opinion on what he wants to do. But you don't need to pay much attention to me."

Curiously Pythor watched the proceedings of this strange group. It seemed to revolve around a little boy. 

He lookss rather like that one I tricked yearss ago. Or did I? I can't quite sseem to remember. Thiss meritss more watching.

Yes, I have embraced it fully now Fadran. No going back now, though he will be more anti hero than straight up villan.

5 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

"It's a skill that I am personally able to use due to my nature. Though with sufficient practice one might be able to produce a similar effect using mindscape magic."

"Interesting, interesting... Are there specific limits to this... Projection thing?"

I kind of think Galard leans to be something of an adult Gal now, which I guess would make sense for various reasons, and that's perfectly fine! Mostly because only one of the players here might actually know what I'm talking about.

Azra wandered up to the group, which had formed a large crowd. Slinging her arm around the shoulder of the nearest person, she asked, “So, what’s up? What’s going on?” Leaning in conspiratorially, she added, “What’s going dooooown?”

Az, you’ve got worse since we last talked, Iyin’s voice complained in her head. You used to at least feign normality. Now you don’t even try.

I do try! Azra had forgotten how downright sensible her monkey could be. Ash’ta only knew how she had landed such a creature.

Anyone who wants to can respond to her, I’m not really sure who’s available and who’s already in a conversation with someone. 

3 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"I trust this guy." Marilyn points at Nath. "But I do think we should get the little boy's opinion on what he wants to do. But you don't need to pay much attention to me."

"We should," Cufre agreed. "My brother knows more than we give him credit for, I think."

@Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Curiously Pythor watched the proceedings of this strange group. It seemed to revolve around a little boy. 

He lookss rather like that one I tricked yearss ago. Or did I? I can't quite sseem to remember. Thiss meritss more watching.

I think the whole group is away in a void, while the boy is alone in his room.

20 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Anyone who wants to can respond to her, I’m not really sure who’s available and who’s already in a conversation with someone. 

Can you wander into Gone's room(he's my character, but he has no reason to leave. He doesn't know how much about the world, so he didn't lock his door)? Also, what room am I in? 

...you know what, I'm going to decide he's in room 3259.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You absolute mad lad