The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, ExoticAlmond said:

“Interesting, my friend seems intrigued by this query and so am I so I shall join in your endeavors.”

"Leonard, meet Ghesst. Ghesst, meet Leonard. The newesst convert to your ssandwitch cu-team of weird explorerss."

@Shining Silhouette

38 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Leonard, meet Ghesst. Ghesst, meet Leonard. The newesst convert to your ssandwitch cu-team of weird explorerss."

@Shining Silhouette

"Hello Leonard, Nice to meet you." 

"Phosh I think it is time you revealed yourself to our friends here."

*A vine wrapped in the shape of a face with crystals growing out of it starts growing toward you* "Hello I am Phosh, a cultivationspren bonded to Ghest"

From now on Phosh's text will be in Italics

On 1/17/2023 at 4:37 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Is the library in the same plane as the Inn though? The character in question can't leave.

No, it's outside the Inn somewhere.

On 1/17/2023 at 6:02 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

"Hello there."

@ExoticAlmond

Having your character break the fourth wall without breaking the fourth wall I see :P

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

9 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"My scent? That's a bit of a long story, but I can give you the gist of it." Klave took off his right glove, revealing a hand covered in red shimmering dragon scales. "In my youth, I was a Hunstman. We were a unit in the king's army whose sole job was to deal with monsters." He stared at his hand, continuing. "It was terrible. We were barely-trained recruits, and they threw us at creatures with powers beyond our understanding, perfect predators empowered by magic. Casualties were... catastrophic. I fought things too horrifying to comprehend, watched comrades die in the most awful ways imaginable." His eyes were distant, filled with pain. "I used to envy them. Their deaths were terrible, but at least they knew how it would end. At least it did end for them." He shook himself, eyes snapping back to the present. "Anyways, I was lucky. I survived for three years, got to retire. Tradition was, a Hunstman who survived their enlistment got a dragon scale embedded in their hand. That was this one." He tapped a red scale embedded in the center of the back of his hand, noticeably larger than the others. "The kingdom has quite a store of them left from the extermination, and Huntsmen surviving is rare enough that the tradition will probably continue for centuries before they start running low." Klave held out his hand palm up, small red flames bursting from his upraised fingers. "I didn't have any powers at first. Something like that would have been noticed, and used, if it was as easy as embedding a dragon scale in someone. A few years after I finished my service, I had an encounter with a dragon, and it... activated the scale somehow. It started spreading, creating magic, changing me. At first it almost killed me, then it almost drove me insane, but eventually I managed to master the power it gave me, with a little help." Klave let the flames die and lowered his hand, looking up at Lightning. "That answer your question?"

"In a way, I guess..." Lightning drew his head closer to Klade. "Yeah, it reeks of your hands mostly." He drew back. "So currently, do you have anything besides fire magic?"

He paused a moment, shifting his wings. "Also, you said you hunted... Monsters? What kind of creatures ate included in this category? Not intelligent ones, I hope."

9 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"In a way, I guess..." Lightning drew his head closer to Klade. "Yeah, it reeks of your hands mostly." He drew back. "So currently, do you have anything besides fire magic?"

He paused a moment, shifting his wings. "Also, you said you hunted... Monsters? What kind of creatures ate included in this category? Not intelligent ones, I hope."

"I have a few other tricks, but mostly just fire. I hunted all sorts of creatures. Some were just magically enhanced normal animals, such as bears, wolves, or whatnot. Others were unrecognizable. Things cloaked in fog." Klave shrugged. "Some of them may have been intelligent. I never really cared to find out if they could communicate."

20 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I have a few other tricks, but mostly just fire. I hunted all sorts of creatures. Some were just magically enhanced normal animals, such as bears, wolves, or whatnot. Others were unrecognizable. Things cloaked in fog." Klave shrugged. "Some of them may have been intelligent. I never really cared to find out if they could communicate."

Lightning scratched at the floor thoughtfully. "You're the only hunter who ended up with such powers?" He hesitated, then asked: "And... how come you've encountered a dragon? You said your kind drove them to near extinction, did you not?"

Meanwhille, Galard whistled to himself while cooking something for lunch. He filled a plate, then went out of the kitchen, on his way back upstairs.

Random Bystander, Xinoehp: if you want, Galard can be around, too. If you prefer to continue this from the same place you started without disturbance - it's also fine.

I just kind of want to see how playing both characters apart from each other will work.

5 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Lightning scratched at the floor thoughtfully. "You're the only hunter who ended up with such powers?" He hesitated, then asked: "And... how come you've encountered a dragon? You said your kind drove them to near extinction, did you not?"

Klave nodded. “We did do that, long before I was born. I went on a quest to find one of the survivors. Needed something to do after retiring from the Huntsmen.”

Edited by UnfortunatelyNamed

7 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Random Bystander, Xinoehp: if you want, Galard can be around, too. If you prefer to continue this from the same place you started without disturbance - it's also fine.

I just kind of want to see how playing both characters apart from each other will work.

I don't particularly mind disturbance.

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

She yelped and attempting to scramble away. "What the heck!"

The figure drifted forwards, crawling in the air. She seemed to have no reaction to the person.

@Random Bystander

Edited by xinoehp512

On 1/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

The child wore an oversized sweater over smooth, almost oily skin. Her hair was long and thick - almost like it was one solid entity. Her eyes were absolutely massive, and when she spoke, her words were unintelligible gargles - like she was speaking through a mouthful of juice.

Fortunately, she came with subtitles.

Hi there! How can I help you today?

Scarlet's raised her eyebrows, taken aback slightly. "Um... can I stay here?"

4 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The figure drifted forwards, crawling in the air. She seemed to have no reaction to the person.

@Random Bystander

Oh. Sorry. I didn't see this until now.

She backed away. "Where the heck am I?" She muttered, freaking out internally.

Edited by Random Bystander

Just now, Random Bystander said:

After a moment of hesitation, she replied."Uh... Yeah."

The ghost turned her head around, seeming to search the room with blank eyes.

"It's so dark," she whispered. "Whisper... are you real?"

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sorry, looks like something's going on...

Vacity ran up to the floating figure. Excuse me! No unregistered apparitions are to haunt people here. We have a... uhh... Fadran calls it a permit, I think.

The ghost did not seem to register Vacity's presence at all.

She talks in physical words, right?

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The ghost turned her head around, seeming to search the room with blank eyes.

"It's so dark," she whispered. "Whisper... are you real?"

The ghost did not seem to register Vacity's presence at all.

"Um. I mean, I think so?"

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Sorry, looks like something's going on...

Vacity ran up to the floating figure. Excuse me! No unregistered apparitions are to haunt people here. We have a... uhh... Fadran calls it a permit, I think.

"You can have a permit for that?" She asked, surprised.