The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

"Art has no purpose but to be art!" Elira exclaimed, eyes shining. She took out her dagger as unthreateningly as she could and began carving chunks off of the wood block. Zirn'rii zipped about. Are you making me? Are you making me?! He asked excitedly. He landed as a tiny dragon on Rayvyn's shoulder. Do you think she's making me? Oooo is she?

7 hours ago, Telrao said:

"Art has no purpose but to be art!" Elira exclaimed, eyes shining. She took out her dagger as unthreateningly as she could and began carving chunks off of the wood block. Zirn'rii zipped about. Are you making me? Are you making me?! He asked excitedly. He landed as a tiny dragon on Rayvyn's shoulder. Do you think she's making me? Oooo is she?

Rayvyn eyed the little creature suspiciously. “This does not seem to have a purpose. May we do something useful?”

8 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

“How can looking at a thing bring joy?”

Eliira smiled, then held up the woodblock, roughly shaped the Zirn'rii. Ha! He said, she did make me!

"Art is a beautiful thing - it brings joy to see something well made. Like the soup - something tasty makes us feel happy." She sheathed her dagger then held the small sculpture in both hands, closing her eyes. With a puff of smoke, small grains of wood slid off the sides of the sculpture, leaving a perfect model of Zirn'rii. She blew off the residual dust and gave it to Rayvyn. "And something..." she sighed and glanced at Zirn'rii, "Something tasty to our eyes brings joy. I can teach you to carve, if you like."

Rayvyn shrugs, eying the sculpture and Zirn’rii skeptically. “If there is nothing else to do, and it is a skill that you believe will help me, then I suppose I will learn.” She pulls out a dagger of her own.

25 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

“How can looking at a thing bring joy?”

13 minutes ago, Telrao said:

Eliira smiled, then held up the woodblock, roughly shaped the Zirn'rii. Ha! He said, she did make me!

"Art is a beautiful thing - it brings joy to see something well made. Like the soup - something tasty makes us feel happy." She sheathed her dagger then held the small sculpture in both hands, closing her eyes. With a puff of smoke, small grains of wood slid off the sides of the sculpture, leaving a perfect model of Zirn'rii. She blew off the residual dust and gave it to Rayvyn. "And something..." she sighed and glanced at Zirn'rii, "Something tasty to our eyes brings joy. I can teach you to carve, if you like."

"That is a good question." Obsidian pondered this for a moment. "If you do not mind, I would also like to be taught."

On 2/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, Telrao said:

Eliira smiled at both of them. "All right then! Just a moment." She turned to Fadran. "Is there a workshop somewhere that we can use?" She glanced down at the wood shavings on the floor. "I, uh, don't want to get your kitchen covered in wood dust."

@Channelknight Fadran

Obsidian helpfully extended a piece of black matter to absorb the wood shavings.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Obsidian helpfully extended a piece of black matter to absorb the wood shavings.

Eliira smiled and thanked Obsidian, then turned to Rayvyn [@Aes Sedai]

"So what do you two want to make first?" She began pulling miscellaneous woodcarving tools from her satchel, placing them on the counter opposite to the one containing the soup. "A chair? A bowl? A new handle for a dagger?"

She set down a pot of wood lacquer and uncorked it, then selected a brush and  gently took back the small Zirn'rii figurine from Rayvyn. She dipped the brush into the clear liquid and began to paint it onto the wood, bringing out a beautiful chestnut-brown colour to the wood.

Zirn'rii zipped about and swirled around the brush before heading over to Galard [@Trutharchivist] and forming into a tiny dragon. Did you see that? Eliira made another one of me! But it doesn't talk! Why is that? He asked, landing on Galard's head. Oooh, is it because it's made of wood? Wood is very rude. It doesn't talk.

Edited by Telrao

7 hours ago, Telrao said:

Zirn'rii zipped about and swirled around the brush before heading over to Galard [@Trutharchivist] and forming into a tiny dragon. Did you see that? Eliira made another one of me! But it doesn't talk! Why is that? He asked, landing on Galard's head. Oooh, is it because it's made of wood? Wood is very rude. It doesn't talk.

Hey, I've been tagged! Even though I've been extremely silent lately! Thanks.

Galard tried removing the small creature from his head. "Rude?" He said. "I wouldn't say so. Can it be rude when no one expects it to talk?"

He looked uneasily at Dave, the black goo person. He remembered their previous meeting all too well.

Maybe he found someone else to... Eat.