Cultivation and Dragonsteel

Stonerward

So now we've had our first in book appearance of a Dragon in TotES and learned that various parts, horns, teeth etc are made of actual Dragonsteel do we think that if we ever see Cultivation in her Dragon form that her horns & teeth would appear as Dragonsteel or would they be made of her god metal (Koravalliumium??)?

I'm not sure if we'd be able to tell unless we ever see her god metal but I think it would be a cool touch if we were to ever see her in Dragon form.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 1:54 AM, Stonerward said:

(Koravalliumium??)?

Cultivation's vessel's name is Koravellium Avast, which sounds like a god metal already, since god metal are named by adding -ium onto a god's vessel's name. I wonder if Cultivation's god metal would be named something else. Avastium sounds strange and is too similar to Honor's god metal's name (Tanavastium?), and Koravellium also goes by Koravari, so maybe Koravarium?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 11:58 AM, Aismeen said:

Cultivation's vessel's name is Koravellium Avast, which sounds like a god metal already, since god metal are named by adding -ium onto a god's vessel's name. I wonder if Cultivation's god metal would be named something else. Avastium sounds strange and is too similar to Honor's god metal's name (Tanavastium?), and Koravellium also goes by Koravari, so maybe Koravarium?

Actually, I wonder if Avast isn’t her married name.  Which would also make it an inappropriate root for her God Metal.  Maybe try and find some other mineral suffix, like Koravellite.  Or Koravellon.

I suppose I need more knowledge on how minerals etymology works.

Edited by Elder

On 1/10/2023 at 1:54 AM, Stonerward said:

So now we've had our first in book appearance of a Dragon in TotES and learned that various parts, horns, teeth etc are made of actual Dragonsteel do we think that if we ever see Cultivation in her Dragon form that her horns & teeth would appear as Dragonsteel or would they be made of her god metal (Koravalliumium??)?

I'm not sure if we'd be able to tell unless we ever see her god metal but I think it would be a cool touch if we were to ever see her in Dragon form.

If Dragonsteel is the material that hard elements of dragons are made of, I doubt it's a godmetal (Adonalsium's would be the only god metal pre-Shattering, obviously). I doubt if Kora were to appear as her dragon form that her hard material would be made up of anything other than Dragonsteel. She could, of course. She's a Shard and it's her godmetal. But unless she wants her horn(s) to be her godmetal, it'll just be Dragonsteel.