Scythe (NO SPOILERS)

Elf

Okay Im almost finished with the first book of the Scythe trilogy by Neil Shusterman and you know that feeling you get when youve just found your new favourite book? the one that goes straight up to your best of the best list even before youve finished them? 

when youve found a new character that you willingly give your heart and soul to and you know you're not going to stop obsessing about them for months? 

The completely elated joy of a book that feels like it brought your soul back into your body, and set all the nerves in your body on fire? (the one you cant stop thinking about even though you have exams? :rolleyes:)

Thats what I feel for this book!!!!!!!!! 

oh I love Rowan (the main male protagonist/anti hero) so, SO much

I love him more than i have ever loved Kaz Brekker, and if you know me then you know just how much i love Kaz

please everyone read this book and i hope you love it as much as I do 

And like one of the biggest enticing points about this for was that everyone is an antihero, like everyone 

and none of it, for me atleast, in unbelievable. its all grounded in reality, and every character has their flaws, every character feels like they jump out of the page. they feel human

(pls no spoilers because im only nearly finished with the first one)

this book is...everything 

the scythe trilogy is beautiful. absolute masterpiece the whole thing. i remember anxiously waiting for The Toll to come out when I was in middle school so I could get my hands on it. it's so intriguing and well written and amazing.

On 1/17/2023 at 0:10 AM, Elf said:

Okay Im almost finished with the first book of the Scythe trilogy by Neil Shusterman and you know that feeling you get when youve just found your new favourite book? the one that goes straight up to your best of the best list even before youve finished them? 

when youve found a new character that you willingly give your heart and soul to and you know you're not going to stop obsessing about them for months? 

The completely elated joy of a book that feels like it brought your soul back into your body, and set all the nerves in your body on fire? (the one you cant stop thinking about even though you have exams? :rolleyes:)

Thats what I feel for this book!!!!!!!!! 

oh I love Rowan (the main male protagonist/anti hero) so, SO much

I love him more than i have ever loved Kaz Brekker, and if you know me then you know just how much i love Kaz

please everyone read this book and i hope you love it as much as I do 

And like one of the biggest enticing points about this for was that everyone is an antihero, like everyone 

and none of it, for me atleast, in unbelievable. its all grounded in reality, and every character has their flaws, every character feels like they jump out of the page. they feel human

(pls no spoilers because im only nearly finished with the first one)

this book is...everything 

I'm about half way through the first book and I completely agree. Probably one of my favorite parts of it is the philosophy surrounding death. It's done just masterfully in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

I love Scythe. Easily one of my favorite book series of all time. I've heard that Neal Shusterman's dystopian stuff is really unique, so I might have to check out other stuff by him. My favorite character will have to be *book two spoilers?? maybe?? sorta?? probably not since its just a name and nothing else?? but id rather be safe then sorry??**

Spoiler

Jeri. Totally forgot their full name, but I find them to be very interesting.

The Tone Cult is pretty cool too.

Edited by Sequence