Forum Notifications

Treamayne

I tried searching and didn't find this answer (sorry if I missed it). I know that when you are Mentioned or somebody Quotes your post, you get a notification on the forum (bell icon). I was trying to confirm or deny if that same event happens when a Quote or Mention is added to a post though "Edit." Since the post already exists, I wasn't sure if that would trigger whatever code detects the information and makes the notification. 

Example: I had already posted this post on Awakening, when I found the other WoB on one-breath commands. So I edited my post (it was still the last post in the thread), added the quote from Stormtide_Leviathan and added the WoB. I wasn't sure if the edit would notify SL of the quote, or if I needed to Mention him (@) - or if even that would trigger a notification if the post was only edited instead of newly posted. 

Not a huge deal either way, just curious about how this interaction plays out. 

Thank you very much for your time and have a great day 

Edit: Test @AonEne

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

I believe it does notify you, but let's test. @Treamayne 

Edited by Treamayne
Test

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

I only got the quote for the previous post. 

I also posted a quote and mention in a non-first-post from last year here. An out-of-the-way post that seemed easy to edit for the test, then revert without disupting other forum traffic. 

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

Edit: only got the quote notif for the Pimp my Aether thread

I got the @ mention notification from that post - so it seems the notification work, but when there is both a quote and a mention, only one gets sent. 

Thank you again for your time and dedication. Have a great day.  

Edited by Treamayne
Updates