Sazed possessed Kelsier

Brandon Sanderson

*reading a personalization request* Did Kelsier fill copperminds for reasons other than to share knowledge? Did he want to forget certain memories?

*written* Yes. Yes.

Those may not be causally related. You asked two separate questions and got two separate answers.

JordanCon 2016 (April 23, 2016)

Soooo..... Here the theory. We know that kelsier has one spike stapling his identity to a mistwraith. But apparently he believes he cannot get more to regain allomantic powers. What if, this is actually because this would open him to harmony's influence? What if he once had more, but had his mind taken over by sazed, in order to save south scadrial. What if thats where the coppermind is from. Sazed tried his best to delete kelsier's memories of the intrusion?

Just a crackpot theory

Edited by HavingTheHasHoidAPurpose?

Kelsier being a sliver of Preservation would actually be increadibly hard to control. Now, if anyone could do it it would be Harmony, but it would require much more than two spikes.

Spoiler

ChromiumVoodoopunk

Does Kelsier being a Sliver make him more resistant to Harmony's control through Hemalurgy?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 3 (Dec. 16, 2021)

It also doesn't sound like Sazed's thing. If there's anyone he would take control of to keep him from ruining plans, it would be Kelsier, but I still think Sazed-as-Harmony would avoid direct control/possession and would definitely balk at destroying memories. Ruin's influence wouldn't make those actions more likely, either. 

I agree Sazed would be very unlikely to DESTROY any memories; his lifetime as a Keeper would cry out against something like that.  "Excising" memories and saving a copy?  Definitely more possible.

Question: do we actually KNOW Kelsier's body was a mistwraith?   I stipulate it's the most plausible explanation, but has it been confirmed?

1 hour ago, AquaRegia said:

Question: do we actually KNOW Kelsier's body was a mistwraith?   I stipulate it's the most plausible explanation, but has it been confirmed?

Pretty sure no. I don’t even think it’s confirmed that mistwraiths are even around anymore.

On 1/19/2023 at 3:23 PM, AquaRegia said:

I agree Sazed would be very unlikely to DESTROY any memories; his lifetime as a Keeper would cry out against something like that.  "Excising" memories and saving a copy?  Definitely more possible.

Kelsier's bones were available, and a WOB says someone looking to reConnect with their old body needs the help of a Shard. Kelsier couldn't do it himself. So Kelsier's bones, some help from Sazed, and a spike or three reformed Kelsier's body. Mistwraith processes may have been used, and a spike or two might have been charged using a mistwraith, but I don't think Kelsier is a mistwraith.

Just now, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

@Frustration

What would you value Lifts boon of metabolizing food into lifelight at?  

Between that and Aetherbound a bendalloy compounder could open up some interesting options.  

I assume lifelight gives roughly the same benefits of stormlight but I could be wrong on that.  

I think you have the wrong thread.