6 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

It was very fun.

I can believe that. BATB is probably up in my top 5 most fun musicals I've performed in (right after legally blonde). Disney stuff is like its own special brand of theatre. :).

Just now, Cinnamon said:

I can believe that. BATB is probably up in my top 5 most fun musicals I've performed in (right after legally blonde). Disney stuff is like its own special brand of theatre. :).

Hehe. I'm doing Annie. 

(There ain't no Sandy dog. It's just an actor.)

Just now, Cinnamon said:

sad :(((. but also happy! Annie is good, no Sandy is sad.

I'm doing Hairspray at the moment.

But the actor is me.

And Hairspray sounds fun!

I don't actually know much about Broadway musicals. But I somehow won the Broadway musical Kahoot! I have no idea how.

I agree, disney stuff is fun, I did Moana last year. Every time someone sings one of those songs I...pisufhiqwbdviqabscpqwfbpqwiugshcbvkahsbcqpwuodfhqkwdbv. Sometimes I start doing choreography or sometimes I almost cry remembering tech week. 

4 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

I just auditioned for The Tempest! Hopefully I get the part…

You kinda give me Prospero vibes (DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that you're a weird old sorcerer man who mistreats his servant/slave [poor Caliban]:P), I feel like you could also pull off a great Ariel though. Chookas!!

Edited by Cinnamon
Disclaimer

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

You kinda give me Prospero vibes (DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that you're a weird old sorcerer man who mistreats his servant/slave [poor Caliban]:P), I feel like you could also pull off a great Ariel though. Chookas!!

I auditioned for Ariel/Miranda because they’re the only female roles but I did write down Prospero as a joke because it would be so much fun to play him-

On 7/2/2023 at 10:48 PM, SymphonianBookworm said:

I auditioned for Ariel/Miranda because they’re the only female roles but I did write down Prospero as a joke because it would be so much fun to play him-

How did I not see this? Welp, sorry I’m late but again I say, Chookas! 
Shakespeare is fun and I really like the Tempest so update us with important info please :D

Me no know plays or musicals. (slight exaggeration, in case you didn't catch that)

Except Phantom of the Opera.

That's like the only thing I know, because my mom had the soundtrack as a... kid? Teenager? Not actually sure.

But I didn't think about it very often, until my friend and I did a project on it, and I was like, bro, this is pretty awesome. And so I listened to all the soundtrack. (I was designing a book cover for a school assignment, which took a while)

Notes/Twisted Every Way... is so great. It's just a really fun song.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Mary Poppins last night. It was AWESOME!!!! The vocals were i n c r e d i b l e and the props and set? Well let's just say Mary Poppins herself would have been proud. I can safely say that it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The quality it presented at was at was so high that even if the acting sucked I still would have thought it was alright, the acting however, far from sucked. The Banks children were so small yet so good and Bert and Mary, well, the best way I can describe it is practically perfect in every way. I think what really pushed it over the edge from great to splendiferous is the fact that you could tell that everyone was having fun, they put so much energy and life into it you ouldn't help but get engrossed in their world. I have once again been reminded of why I love theatre so much ^_^

What makes it even better is that I was having a terrible week, to the point where I would go to the bathroom and cry at lunch and I was starting to feel like I didn't care about anything, not even theatre. Then I remembered I had these tickets and I was worried that my mood would ruin it and i wouldn't get the joy I usually get from performing and watching others do the same. Boy, was I wrong. I'm in no way 'cured' of feeling like cremling droppings, the feeling with come back eventually, it always does, but, it is lesser now. Reminding myself of what I love really revitalised me. I feel like I could take on the world! Or at least my huge pile of homework. :D 

3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I saw Mary Poppins last night. It was AWESOME!!!! The vocals were i n c r e d i b l e and the props and set? Well let's just say Mary Poppins herself would have been proud. I can safely say that it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. The quality it presented at was at was so high that even if the acting sucked I still would have thought it was alright, the acting however, far from sucked. The Banks children were so small yet so good and Bert and Mary, well, the best way I can describe it is practically perfect in every way. I think what really pushed it over the edge from great to splendiferous is the fact that you could tell that everyone was having fun, they put so much energy and life into it you ouldn't help but get engrossed in their world. I have once again been reminded of why I love theatre so much ^_^

What makes it even better is that I was having a terrible week, to the point where I would go to the bathroom and cry at lunch and I was starting to feel like I didn't care about anything, not even theatre. Then I remembered I had these tickets and I was worried that my mood would ruin it and i wouldn't get the joy I usually get from performing and watching others do the same. Boy, was I wrong. I'm in no way 'cured' of feeling like cremling droppings, the feeling with come back eventually, it always does, but, it is lesser now. Reminding myself of what I love really revitalised me. I feel like I could take on the world! Or at least my huge pile of homework. :D 

Theater has a way of doing that, I know that a bad day has been uplifted for me through a rehearsal or just flash mobing with cast friends. I’m so glad!!!

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Oh good!!

...my only comment that isn't necessarily positive is that you totally missed the opportunity to say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" instead of "splendiferous."

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Oh good!!

...my only comment that isn't necessarily positive is that you totally missed the opportunity to say "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" instead of "splendiferous."

Rusts! I shall make sure to next time!