9 hours ago, Soulbinder said:

Hey, does anyone have any good "curse of the Scottish play" stories? Because it totally happened to one of my shows. It was crazy. 

AAAAAAHHHHH OH MY STORMS YES

MY SCHOOL IS DOING THE SCOTTISH PLAY RIGHT NOW

I THINK OUR DIRECTOR WANTS US DEAD

So auditions were on Friday the 13th

Our other play for the year got canceled even though we’d already had it cast and started blocking

And the guy who plays Macbeth has been sick for a month.

(It’s supposed to perform beginning of January…we’ll see what happens)

Okay wait now I’m curious, what happened to you?

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

AAAAAAHHHHH OH MY STORMS YES

MY SCHOOL IS DOING THE SCOTTISH PLAY RIGHT NOW

I THINK OUR DIRECTOR WANTS US DEAD

So auditions were on Friday the 13th

Our other play for the year got canceled even though we’d already had it cast and started blocking

And the guy who plays Macbeth has been sick for a month.

(It’s supposed to perform beginning of January…we’ll see what happens)

Okay wait now I’m curious, what happened to you?

We weren't doing the Scottish Play, but someone said it. Look, I don't consider myself superstitious, but here's what happened:

1. Our lead was double cast. A week before the show, one of them dropped out

2. There was a literal tornado like a block from us

3. The power in the building we were going to perform in got knocked out

4. The power in the backup building (which had a carpeted stage, by the way, in a very tap-heavy show) also got knocked out, halfway through Act I

5. I lost my voice before our last two shows

It's all probably a coincidence, but it does make for a good story!

hey there... I LOVE THEATER; I've been in two musicals but I love watching them...I love coffee and cats and my two favorite musicals of all time are Hamilton and The greatest showman...if you can change my mind I'll follow you ;) I spell it theater but I like the other spelling as well; my dream roll is probably Eliza or Maria Reynolds...yes I know the chances of a production I'm in ever being Hamilton are like a bazillion to one but don't burst my delusion bubble. I worked very hard to craft these delusions and they are all original, organic, and non GMO. ❤️

my shard buddies so far: guys I just joined yesterday don't judge me

@Just-A-Stick

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2023 at 12:14 PM, Part Of The Narrative said:

hey there... I LOVE THEATER; I've been in two musicals but I love watching them...I love coffee and cats and my two favorite musicals of all time are Hamilton and The greatest showman...if you can change my mind I'll follow you ;) I spell it theater but I like the other spelling as well; my dream roll is probably Eliza or Maria Reynolds...yes I know the chances of a production I'm in ever being Hamilton are like a bazillion to one but don't burst my delusion bubble. I worked very hard to craft these delusions and they are all original, organic, and non GMO. ❤️

my shard buddies so far: guys I just joined yesterday don't judge me

@Just-A-Stick

Hey, I’m nearly a month late but OH WELL. Welcome, welcome, welcome! I will not try to change your mind about Hamilton or The Greatest Showman because they are both great (although the latter isn’t technically theatre yet) Dream high! I’d never dream of bursting any bubbles delusional or not. :] You should fix your spelling though :P 

Oh, I almost forgot! The reason I came to this thread was to tell you guys what I did last Sunday. I was the Grinch!! We had our performances last weekend and it was soo fun. It was pretty disastrous and not in any way polished or clean (With one of our leads being unable to sing their entire solo song among other complications :ph34r:) but, we weren’t expecting a masterpiece so it was so fun anyway! I’m so glad I did it and all the little kids loved it so that’s the main thing! :D 

oh and my tap dancing was fairly okay for someone who’s never done formal tap and has only owned tap shoes/ been trying to learn for a few months!

Pro tip: if you are ever Elphaba the Grinch, Shrek, or have to wear specifically green body paint, be prepared to wash your face at least seven times and it still not be fully gone 😅

Edited by Ookla the Starship Ranger
Add grinch stuff

• 3 weeks later...

GUYS GUY GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

EPIC THE MUSICAL

THE OCEAN SAGA

IT'S HERE

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

8 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

GUYS GUY GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

EPIC THE MUSICAL

THE OCEAN SAGA

IT'S HERE

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I KNOW EEEEEEE I’M SO HAPPY

AAAAAWWHHHHHHAHAHHAHA

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all...tech week hurts

Like a lot

I don't drink caffeine...but I might change my mind sometime next week. Or during my 7 hour rehearsal on Saturday. Or possibly while I'm learning choreo for my musical in April. Or maybe once I get my region/state piece in about a month. Theatre is killing me in the most wonderful way ❤️ 

ALSO I GET TO SEE SIX TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

Y'all...tech week hurts

Like a lot

I don't drink caffeine...but I might change my mind sometime next week. Or during my 7 hour rehearsal on Saturday. Or possibly while I'm learning choreo for my musical in April. Or maybe once I get my region/state piece in about a month. Theatre is killing me in the most wonderful way ❤️ 

ALSO I GET TO SEE SIX TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

AH LUCKY GIRL🤩

Yeah...theatre is no pain no gain sometimes 😝 I have to drink some caffeine when I have something for SIX hours. Never done seven yet😆

Y’all Six was so good!!! The audience was so loud which always makes it funner, and like…they clearly weren’t actors, but they were performers and it was really fun heehee

does anyone actualy enjoy episodic progression? i am doing the twelve huntsmen by briandaniel oglesby and it is fun! i have to learn several scenes i might not have to do. a random number of scenes are done each time.

On 11/10/2023 at 11:48 PM, Soulbinder said:

Hey, does anyone have any good "curse of the Scottish play" stories? Because it totally happened to one of my shows. It was crazy. 

Okay I have some updates: Macbeth closed tonight, and...not a single bad thing has happened. Unless you count that one goblet we accidentally shattered onstage. Or the fake blood that's now permanently stained into the theatre room floor. But like...it's kind of eerie how well it all went. I think we might just...be so good we broke the curse?

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Okay I have some updates: Macbeth closed tonight, and...not a single bad thing has happened. Unless you count that one goblet we accidentally shattered onstage. Or the fake blood that's now permanently stained into the theatre room floor. But like...it's kind of eerie how well it all went. I think we might just...be so good we broke the curse?

Huzzah! 

Theatre people: I might slowly be turning my brother into one of us >:). He did the musical at school last year and enjoyed it and last night I got him to (finally) watch Hamilton and contrary to his expectations he loved it! Victory is mine. 

Edited by Cinnamon
sPelLinG

we were gonna see that. but then everyone got sick.

Heehee guys I stage cried last night...like tears dripping off my chin...except it was only partly me, because once my eyes got wet my makeup got in my them and they started running, and then I couldn't stop or see because it was burning so bad but um now my director hopefully thinks I'm awesome!!

I’m preforming Mean Girls in two weeks, YAYYYY! (We have TOTALLY finished act two *sarcasm*)

Im also preforming The Little Mermaid in April!!! I’m excited and scared at the same time. As a relatively new theatre kid (I did stage crew for a year) I think I’m actually loving it. 😊 

15 minutes ago, Immortal Platypus said:

IT WAS SO GOOD

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

It...it really did come such a long way (POV: about 10 days ago, half of our cast wasn't memorized) and I loved it all. Especially the nooses at the end, and my scream at the beginning and...

I swear Cacophony if you make me cry I'll...um...make Haly light you on fire.

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

It...it really did come such a long way (POV: about 10 days ago, half of our cast wasn't memorized) and I loved it all. Especially the nooses at the end, and my scream at the beginning and...

I swear Cacophony if you make me cry I'll...um...make Haly light you on fire.

i heard about that :P it turned out well, so all's well that ends well

Soooooo, I have some great news! I’m doing a theatre studies course as a class and for one of our AoS we have to analysise a musical, and for another a contrasting play. Well the musical that VCAA (the lords and ladies of the curriculum planning) picked Wicked. Which means, legally we have to go watch it and — it gets better— it’s free! The school/VCAA pay. 
So, I do not only get to go watch my third favourite musical for free, I also get to write an essay/do an exam/other form of response that will be decided upon at a later date about it.

At one point I could confidently say I knew all the words to all the songs.
Booyah! 💚

AHHH THATS SO COOL HAVE FUN CINNY!!!!!!!!!

…any of you heard of the play Love/Sick? My region piece is from that…it’s supposed to be a comedic romance scene between two guys…I’m a girl…and very curious as to what my director is going to do with this :P 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

AHHH THATS SO COOL HAVE FUN CINNY!!!!!!!!!

…any of you heard of the play Love/Sick? My region piece is from that…it’s supposed to be a comedic romance scene between two guys…I’m a girl…and very curious as to what my director is going to do with this :P 

I hadn't heard of it but I just googled it and it looks interesting. I'm sure it will be fun!! (What's a region piece?)

I have just begun a play called Metamorphoses that is about a bunch of greek myths and casting is next week!