1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Well, we did really well…one of our pieces medaled and 3 made it to finals rounds, but overall we got 8th because a few people didn’t come (which was silly, they didn’t even tell our director). I’m also a weeeeee bit bitter because our one act, Peter, was amazing, and was everyone’s favorite to watch (at least, everyone I talked to) but didn’t place because the judges like a certain school…

But we all did our best, and the people who won were squirming, so…yay!

Auditions are TERRIFYING though, I’m F R E A K I N G out but I’ll survive I’ll survive maybe…

Congrats, that's awesome! I'm really sorry you didn't place as well as you should've; sounds like the judges were morons.

29 minutes ago, Soulbinder said:

Congrats, that's awesome! I'm really sorry you didn't place as well as you should've; sounds like the judges were morons.

Yeah…like it’s whatever, we sell out tickets for almost all our shows and we do really good shows, it’s just sad that none of the other schools recognize that because we don’t do well at competitions. But we’re alive, and I think everyone’s mostly over it.

10 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Well, we did really well…one of our pieces medaled and 3 made it to finals rounds, but overall we got 8th because a few people didn’t come (which was silly, they didn’t even tell our director). I’m also a weeeeee bit bitter because our one act, Peter, was amazing, and was everyone’s favorite to watch (at least, everyone I talked to) but didn’t place because the judges like a certain school…

But we all did our best, and the people who won were squirming, so…yay!

Auditions are TERRIFYING though, I’m F R E A K I N G out but I’ll survive I’ll survive maybe…

Well, Congratulations to your teammates who placed. I'm sure you did great, sorry your other people didn't show up (sounds like a group of smelly farts) Most importantly, good luck at auditions!

*sips herbal tea*

*doesn’t say anything because I’m not allowed to talk*

*winces at the cuts all over my legs because we kept going through set changes today and the tables are evil*

Ah…longest day is over…

On 4/20/2024 at 5:38 PM, Edema Rue said:

*winces at the cuts all over my legs because we kept going through set changes today and the tables are evil*

Tables... are always evil. I know what you mean. Tables suck.

21 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Apparently my friend almost got a concussion because she ran headfirst into someone else backstage

So that’s interesting

AHHHH that's terrible!! Theatre and injuries, man...

• 2 months later...

Just watched cats live for the first time. High-Quality musical. It has everything a masterpiece if a show needs… except for a plot. 

I will be singing and humming the soundtrack for the next week. 

On 6/28/2024 at 9:04 PM, Cash67 said:

Just watched cats live for the first time. High-Quality musical. It has everything a masterpiece if a show needs… except for a plot. 

I will be singing and humming the soundtrack for the next week. 

I'm sorry. Here's all the lyrics to Agony from Into The Woods, to help purge your brain.

Spoiler

Did I abuse her
Or show her disdain?
Why does she run from me?
If I should lose her
How shall I regain
The heart she has won from me?

Agony!
Beyond power of speech
When the one thing you want
Is the only thing out of your reach

High in her tower
She sits by the hour
Maintaining her hair
Blithe and becoming
And frequently humming
A lighthearted air:
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Agony!
Far more painful than yours
When you know she would go with you
If there only were doors

Agony!
Oh, the torture they teach!

What's as intriguing

Or half so fatiguing

As what's out of reach?

Am I not sensitive, clever
Well-mannered, considerate
Passionate, charming
As kind as I'm handsome
And heir to a throne?

You are everything maidens could wish for!

Then why no?

Do I know?

The girl must be mad

You know nothing of madness
'Til you're climbing her hair
And you see her up there
As you're nearing her
All the while hearing her
"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah"

Agony!

Misery!

Woe!

Though it's different for each

Always ten steps behind

Always ten feet below

And she's just out of reach
Agony
That can cut like a knife!
I must have her to wife

13 minutes ago, Pineap-spider said:

I'm sorry. Here's all the lyrics to Agony from Into The Woods, to help purge your brain.

Reveal hidden contents

Did I abuse her
Or show her disdain?
Why does she run from me?
If I should lose her
How shall I regain
The heart she has won from me?

Agony!
Beyond power of speech
When the one thing you want
Is the only thing out of your reach

High in her tower
She sits by the hour
Maintaining her hair
Blithe and becoming
And frequently humming
A lighthearted air:
Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Agony!
Far more painful than yours
When you know she would go with you
If there only were doors

Agony!
Oh, the torture they teach!

What's as intriguing

Or half so fatiguing

As what's out of reach?

Am I not sensitive, clever
Well-mannered, considerate
Passionate, charming
As kind as I'm handsome
And heir to a throne?

You are everything maidens could wish for!

Then why no?

Do I know?

The girl must be mad

You know nothing of madness
'Til you're climbing her hair
And you see her up there
As you're nearing her
All the while hearing her
"Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah"

Agony!

Misery!

Woe!

Though it's different for each

Always ten steps behind

Always ten feet below

And she's just out of reach
Agony
That can cut like a knife!
I must have her to wife

I CAN HEAR THE HARMONIES

I didn’t watch live action Cats, so no purge needed. I need to wait till I can drink to tolerate that movie. 

On 7/8/2024 at 7:18 PM, Cinnamon said:

The cast list for a play I auditioned for just came out and I got in! Not the role I wanted but I'm still excited!

Well done Cinny!!!! What show?

*He enters quietly and looks around uncertainly*

- I think I've found a place for myself - *scratches his head uncertainly*.
- Don't bother, I just stopped by to say hello. I'm Custo and after a very long hiatus I'm returning with a bang to the theatre, which has always been the love of my life. Also, I'm happy to sit in a corner and listen to your stories. 

On 7/19/2024 at 2:19 AM, Custodis said:

*He enters quietly and looks around uncertainly*

- I think I've found a place for myself - *scratches his head uncertainly*.
- Don't bother, I just stopped by to say hello. I'm Custo and after a very long hiatus I'm returning with a bang to the theatre, which has always been the love of my life. Also, I'm happy to sit in a corner and listen to your stories. 

Hiya Custo, welcome to the shard! What’s you favorite show that you’ve been in?

6 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Hiya Custo, welcome to the shard! What’s you favorite show that you’ve been in?

I think the musical 'Metro' is still in first place. A Polish show trying to equal Broadway. Much weaker but I have a lot of fondness for it ^^

As if there were no restrictions, what stage event would you like to see? 

2 minutes ago, Custodis said:

I think the musical 'Metro' is still in first place. A Polish show trying to equal Broadway. Much weaker but I have a lot of fondness for it ^^

As if there were no restrictions, what stage event would you like to see? 

That's awesome!!

Y'know, for the longest time it's been my dream to see Hadestown, but I got to see it on Broadway in March, and I'll be in it next spring. I also get to see some of my other favorites this year, so...hmm. I'd love to see The Cursed Child, since the things they do onstage are beyond incredible, and I love getting to see professionals do shows I was in/will be in.

What about you?

On 7/22/2024 at 7:06 AM, Edema Rue said:

That's awesome!!

Y'know, for the longest time it's been my dream to see Hadestown, but I got to see it on Broadway in March, and I'll be in it next spring. I also get to see some of my other favorites this year, so...hmm. I'd love to see The Cursed Child, since the things they do onstage are beyond incredible, and I love getting to see professionals do shows I was in/will be in.

What about you?

When you wrote about The Cursed Child, something unlocked in my mind.  In fact I absolutely wanted to see it because an avid Potterhead. And it just so happens that I will be in London in August.... Gosh, I need to buy tickets for this show xD

Cool that you are active on the scene. Me, I have almost 10 years of hiatus and I feel I have a hole in my heart because of it. So from September I start school and want to defend my acting diploma after two years. Also, who knows, maybe I will also have the opportunity to see the performances in which I will play? ;)

Your nickname says a lot about your artistic soul. What performance have you played in recently?

2 hours ago, Custodis said:

When you wrote about The Cursed Child, something unlocked in my mind.  In fact I absolutely wanted to see it because an avid Potterhead. And it just so happens that I will be in London in August.... Gosh, I need to buy tickets for this show xD

Cool that you are active on the scene. Me, I have almost 10 years of hiatus and I feel I have a hole in my heart because of it. So from September I start school and want to defend my acting diploma after two years. Also, who knows, maybe I will also have the opportunity to see the performances in which I will play? ;)

Your nickname says a lot about your artistic soul. What performance have you played in recently?

Aww, thanks! It’s actually a quote from Hadestown. 

Most recently I was in a musical called All Shook Up…picture Twelfth Night mixed with Footloose but all the songs are Elvis, and that’s pretty much what it is. It was a ton of fun.

On 7/22/2024 at 3:06 PM, Edema Rue said:

Y'know, for the longest time it's been my dream to see Hadestown, but I got to see it on Broadway in March, and I'll be in it next spring.

1. You got to see Hadestown on Broadway?!! That's amazing!

2. You get to be in it?!?!?!?! 🤯

On 7/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, Edema Rue said:

Well done Cinny!!!! What show?

12 Angry Jurors (it's 12 angry men but we can pick the genders of the characters) 

I'm Juror 11, the one with the accent

11 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

1. You got to see Hadestown on Broadway?!! That's amazing!

2. You get to be in it?!?!?!?! 🤯

12 Angry Jurors (it's 12 angry men but we can pick the genders of the characters) 

I'm Juror 11, the one with the accent

1. YES WITH JORDAN FISHER

2. YES IM STILL AMAZED, RIGHTS JUSR CAME OUT AND MY DIRECTOR WAS THE FIRST HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICA TO GET THEM

3. that’s insane have so much fun!!!

hello theatrey peoples i need your help

i want to audition for a thing

it’s like a variety show kinda, with group dances, funny sketches, singing etc, by people around my area ages 6-25. it’s a massive production and it’s always amazing to go and see. i’d love to actually be in it next year.

problem is, i can’t act, i can barely sing and i’m probably just passable at dancing (having done ballet but no other styles of dance)

(also crippling stage anxiety is a thing lol)

so if anyone has any ideas about how i can get good (or at least better) at those things by september, or any tips for auditions in general, i’d really appreciate it. thanks!

On 7/29/2024 at 6:12 PM, Edema Rue said:

1. YES WITH JORDAN FISHER

I was honestly surprised at how good of an Orpheus he was. BUT THE WALL. 

On 7/30/2024 at 12:36 AM, Shadowed said:

hello theatrey peoples i need your help

i want to audition for a thing

it’s like a variety show kinda, with group dances, funny sketches, singing etc, by people around my area ages 6-25. it’s a massive production and it’s always amazing to go and see. i’d love to actually be in it next year.

problem is, i can’t act, i can barely sing and i’m probably just passable at dancing (having done ballet but no other styles of dance)

(also crippling stage anxiety is a thing lol)

so if anyone has any ideas about how i can get good (or at least better) at those things by september, or any tips for auditions in general, i’d really appreciate it. thanks!

I can’t offer anything helpful, being a techie, but good luck!

1 hour ago, Pineap-spider said:

I was honestly surprised at how good of an Orpheus he was. BUT THE WALL. 

I can’t offer anything helpful, being a techie, but good luck!

He was insane

NO IT WAS SO COOL I’m super excited because my director said we’re going to have a moving wall…we build all our own sets and just lost three of our best techs (two of whom immediately got hired by the Hale, a professional theatre in Utah) but if he says we gon do something then we gon do it

17 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

He was insane

NO IT WAS SO COOL I’m super excited because my director said we’re going to have a moving wall…we build all our own sets and just lost three of our best techs (two of whom immediately got hired by the Hale, a professional theatre in Utah) but if he says we gon do something then we gon do it

We have a really big stage, I think it’s 18-20 feet to the top of the proscenium and it’s really wide, we can’t build a wall that big. We do have like a 150 kid ensemble, so we’ll make it work