1 minute ago, |TJ| said:

im more watching the part where he claims to get to stay in the game after achieving his wincon

He also implied he still gets to use his kills after achieving the wincon, which sounds off. Why would the GMs allow that.

I mean, I will die if I remove a 2nd of any World Cupper role, which is probably easier to do than not, and my kill probably only applies to a third of the players (reminder, we have 25), and Kas reassured everyone there are no Neutral Evil roles that will impact y'alls win cons. Obviously I'm biased because I can see it all and y'all can't, but I think ya'll might chugging the paranoia juice a lil too much :P 

Edited by Amanuensis

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I mean, I will die if I remove a 2nd of any World Cupper role, and my kill probably only applies to a third of the players (reminder, we have 25), and Kas reassured everyone there are no Neutral Evil roles that will impact y'alls win cons. Obviously I'm biased because I can see it all and y'all can't, but I think ya'll might chugging the paranoia juice a lil too much :P 

You also have an extra life :ph34r:

But also I think we can just deal with Aman later @everybody voting for him, either way we'll gain some clarity regarding his role soon and MR56!Devo won't happen again because the same trick just doesn't work twice. So I'd urge you (Steel, Sart, I think) to maybe put forward other votes and suspicions. 

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

You also have an extra life :ph34r:

But also I think we can just deal with Aman later @everybody voting for him, either way we'll gain some clarity regarding his role soon and MR56!Devo won't happen again because the same trick just doesn't work twice. So I'd urge you (Steel, Sart, I think) to maybe put forward other votes and suspicions. 

I can die from any execution or NK. I just am Untrollable, which means that my Yellow/Red Card action can't be interrupted via that mechanic.

But yeah, save this talk for like D5 or something, though I expect to have proven my role by then.

ED1T:

Also, I vow to never penalize the first Captain, Goalkeeper, Midfielder, or Striker to role claim in thread and confirm my legitimacy, if anyone is interested in doing so :P

Edited by Amanuensis

Ngl your wincon seems kinda hard there’s so many ways you can just die. Without this claim, the elims (assuming you are neutral) would have surely NK’d you soon because elims tend to do that. Plus if you hadn’t claimed there was essentially no way you could’ve discerned who had football roles so it would’ve largely been a guessing game/trial and error sorta deal. Unless they claimed outright…which they maybe would’ve, given all the claims we’ve been seeing, had you not claimed to want them dead. 

OK MOVING ON U_U I’ll take my own advice and leave this matter for now 

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

the more mad watcher watches the less she believes in amans claims. forget about too many football roles for less number of players. im more watching the part where he claims to get to stay in the game after achieving his wincon. what is the point of staying in the game as a neutral after achieving wincon? i think this is made up. now goodie made up or baddie made up? because im suspecting the part where he wanted to know which players were affected by trolling. motive - baiting village power roles? hmm hmm? 

also this is nitpicky the part where orlok says he needs more time to analyse sticks second post is making me hum. bcause its not a long post, why need time? add one plus two and its putting the fear of god in me thinking of aman plus orlok team and having terrible flashbacks to mr57 -__-'

also i think sart is goodie, but i cannot recall sart being baddie ever. i dont think theyve been evil since i started playing damn.

striker gut village. 

watcher from porch is being uncharacteristically silent for d1 by his goodie standards so far. @Araris Valerian, any suspicions or reads? I expect goodie!araris to have voted long before now plus to mention suspicion on stick without a vote, again uncharacterism from someone with stab vote trademark motto.

The quick answer to that is that I’m playing predominately on the underground on my way to and from work, which is both intense and for long hours, and so my opportunities to engage are very limited.

You have slightly under eleven hours to rollover!

Current vc is:

StrikerEZ (3): Amanuensis, Araris Valerian, StrikerEZ
Walin (3): Channelknight Fadran, Matrim's Dice, The Wandering Wizard
Amanuensis (2): Sart, Steeldancer
Archer (1): Devotary of Spontaneity
Channelknight Fadran (1): The Known Novel
Danex (1): Ashbringer
Shining Silhouette (1): TJ
Stick (1): Orlok Tsubodai
Tani (1): Stick
The Bookwyrm (1): xinoehp512
The Wandering Wizard (1): Tani
TJ (1): Archer
xinoehp512 (1): The Bookwyrm

As always, please @ me or Fifth if we've missed a vote. Tallybot is still having conniptions.

Edited by Kasimir

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Ngl your wincon seems kinda hard there’s so many ways you can just die. Without this claim, the elims (assuming you are neutral) would have surely NK’d you soon because elims tend to do that. Plus if you hadn’t claimed there was essentially no way you could’ve discerned who had football roles so it would’ve largely been a guessing game/trial and error sorta deal. Unless they claimed outright…which they maybe would’ve, given all the claims we’ve been seeing, had you not claimed to want them dead. 

OK MOVING ON U_U I’ll take my own advice and leave this matter for now 

I actually think it's a bit too easy (only two? why not three??), just enough potential ways to kill myself to keep me on my toes / add risk-reward. Like, I've got 2 Striker suspicions, 2 Goalkeeper suspicions, and a Captain suspicion off the claim alone, not to mention a slew of likely-not World Cuppers. And that's just the tool I decided to use because reaction tests are in my wheelhouse anyway. I didn't share everything about my role, just the parts that have to do with the other players / the overall distro, so if it doesn't seem to make sense, I guess the missing bits could make it easier to swallow :P

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Current vc is:

Shining Silhouette (1): TJ
Tani (1): Stick
The Wandering Wizard (1): Tani
TJ (1): Archer

Might as well add pressure to Shining

On 1/27/2023 at 9:27 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mine also looks better in sheets :P

On 1/27/2023 at 9:59 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

AHHHHHHH

It's in my VC on my spreadsheets too -.-

On 1/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

That will have no effect on me if you want to test it. I also know of trolling because I'm not immune to it.

If anybody wants a PM, just let me know :eyes:

On 1/27/2023 at 11:02 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:
On 1/27/2023 at 11:00 AM, _Stick_ said:

You can make PMs?? I would love a PM

Why you trying to kill me then :P

I can only send them during nights. OddOdd 

On 1/27/2023 at 11:19 AM, The Wandering Wizard said:

I'll throw out another tidbit :ph34r:

I can't make PMs on even nights.

And some very interesting things happen if I am trolled

23 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

My even nights are rather dull though. My PMs are permanent which is nice!

19 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I can confirm that being trolled works a lot like this for me, because I'm told what happens if I'm trolled but not if I am trolled.

Wiz has softed a ridiculous amount of information, actually. I feel like E!Wiz wouldn't tease as much; outright sharing is more along the lines of a tactic.

8 hours ago, Walin said:

1, I like having fewer votes so I try to reduce them by explaining myself

Fair, but by definition a poke vote has nothing to explain away. A prod could, but those ask more for your reads than a counter-argument.

8 hours ago, Walin said:

2, you kept the vote after (mostly) retracting your reasoning for it, and it was a vote on me (which I'll always try to rebut, at least in this game)

Okay, yeah, fair :P. I had no clue where I would have gone, that's why it stayed. But I guess I can see, how from your PoV, it'd have looked strange and worthy of a comment.

8 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I haven't really done any big focus posts tonight. Just pointed out a few things Aman has said. And Dannex hasn't said much in the meantime (or maybe I'm just blind).

Yeah, that's kind of my point :P You're usually more active but you're mostly just vibing. I think dannex gets more of a pass since the level of posting he isn't doing is more normal, imo, but to me that just looks like you're trying to deflect my attention off you onto him.

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

2) Whilst acknowledging that my ability to keep on top of the thread at this stage is limited, I have seen a few players (my recollection has @Channelknight Fadran and @Matrim's Dice) expressing a village belief in Stick for most of the turn so far, which I haven’t seen a strong justification for, and which seems incongruous with D1. I’d be grateful to hear their reasoning for this in as much detail as they can provide.

If you want a detailed v case you're gonna be disappointed :P. It's more just vibes than anything else. And the way she sorta has just been commenting on random things feels genuine to me. What about that is incongruous with D1? It might be incongruous with your own opinion, but that's not the same thing :P

4 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Like, dice rolls? 

I was thinking, like, bread rolls :P.

2 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Wallin

You and Shining feel weird. I feel like there's a cloud of disconnection from the villages troubles. Neutral perhaps, but I feel more evil vibes.

Ok I need to get to the bottom of why I'm paranoiding so hard on you because I can't vote the same train as you with good conscience unless I figure out if this is anything xD

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

the more mad watcher watches the less she believes in amans claims

That's... kinda where I'm at. I guess my pause here though would be, other roles had things to do with trolling, right? So like, he didn't make that up as a mechanic.

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

also i think sart is goodie, but i cannot recall sart being baddie ever. i dont think theyve been evil since i started playing damn.

He has, I've been elim with him before :P Striker and Tess' most recent starship game. I also have some recollection of mega-tunneling on him and being vindicated for it in a seperate game.

I'll stay on Walin, for now. Side-eyeing Stick a little bit for not consolidating like she said she wanted, but I do approve of the Shining pressure, so whatever :P.

10 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I don’t think Striker is a Jester he hasn’t really done anything Jester-like. Also, I just don’t know how to feel about all these people claiming to vote a certain way for unknown mysterious reasons.

Edit:

Mat is most likely village. What do people think of Araris’ super early role claim? Would E!Araris do that?

I agree that doting Jester isn't standard practice. You'd have more success fully claiming and getting sympathy votes or not saying anything so no one worries about the implications of voting you possibly being bad. Jesters can sometimes make others lose if they win, and you don't want to give people the chance to consider that. 

It appears that many people have references to Trolling in their role description. So I imagine multiple elims do as well. So e!Araris would know that using the word Trolling would reveal his role eventually. I think he didn't and was just being clever. 

9 hours ago, Walin said:

I'll be gone the entirety of tomorrow, and Archer I remove my vote on you. It was mostly a poke vote (I think; I don't remember my motivations for my first post but I believe it was a mixture of "I've got to vote someone and I have no idea who, so I'll pick someone based on their player-list description" and "I should poke vote someone to provoke discussion") and served its sentence.

I'm against poke votes that are advertised as such and are dropped easily. The conditional action style takes the cake because it automatically gets removed regardless of my response so why would I feel pressure from it? 

4 hours ago, Orlok Tsubodai said:

Thoughts:

1) Too many people are giving far too much credence to Aman’s claim. Parts of it seem wholly unlikely (the number of football related roles in an SE subforum related game, Kas putting a neutral SK-esque role in a blackout). Given at least some is almost certainly fabrication, I’m putting the whole thing down as Aman phishing, and making alignment judgements on that action. I do not consider voting (or otherwise) because of any perceived threat from the role well thought through.

Aman's role makes sense to me because it's a claim deterrent. Other features of this game are also constructed around reducing the knowledge the village has (blackout, limited PMs - although I'm working on making as many as I can!), so this kind of role fits. I think it's meant to discourage claims, conveniently saving the village from themselves in the early stages of the game by giving power roles cover as well. 

If Steel (or anyone) can scan dead people, I'd like to run with the theory that Wiz is an elim on a team with no Word Cuppers because it leads to some easy clears. Aman will have to go in that scenario, but that's fine

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Also, I vow to never penalize the first Captain, Goalkeeper, Midfielder, or Striker to role claim in thread and confirm my legitimacy, if anyone is interested in doing so :P

Technically, there's zero reason that anyone who can should confirm your role. Especially if they're villagers. 

17 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You have slightly under eleven hours to rollover!

Current vc is:

As always, please @ me or Fifth if we've missed a vote. Tallybot is still having conniptions.

My vote is on Wiz, see my last post @Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I was thinking, like, bread rolls :P.

Jeez, what kind of half-baked game do you think this is... :eyes:

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

My vote is on Wiz, see my last post @Kasimir

Thank you!

Edited correct (pls) vote count (I'm sure someone will soon tell me I've missed something, which I encourage, please continue to let me or Fifth know if there is a mistake as we don't want to accidentally send to Elan for banning someone who isn't actually guilty (you guys are supposed to be good at this, right?))

Shining Silhouette (2): Stick, TJ
The Wandering Wizard (2): Archer, Tani

25 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Wiz has softed a ridiculous amount of information, actually. I feel like E!Wiz wouldn't tease as much; outright sharing is more along the lines of a tactic.

So you're village-reading Wiz. What about Striker and Walin?

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

So e!Araris would know that using the word Trolling would reveal his role eventually. I think he didn't and was just being clever. 

I think v!Araris knew that using it would eventually reveal his role too. 

Edit:

21 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

And the way she sorta has just been commenting on random things feels genuine to me.

It's the withdrawals. 

Edited by _Stick_

23 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ok I need to get to the bottom of why I'm paranoiding so hard on you because I can't vote the same train as you with good conscience unless I figure out if this is anything xD

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Kas isn't in this game as a player, you need a shuffle squat buddy do you not :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

If Steel (or anyone) can scan dead people, I'd like to run with the theory that Wiz is an elim on a team with no Word Cuppers because it leads to some easy clears. Aman will have to go in that scenario, but that's fine

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

You should know by now what happens when you prime me. I will produce the most kayana worlds if you prime me, RIP QF63. But I was treating all claimed neutrals as neutral, and also all possible neutrals as such. Which I have been proven wrong, I think.

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You should know by now what happens when you prime me. I will produce the most kayana worlds if you prime me, RIP QF63. But I was treating all claimed neutrals as neutral, and also all possible neutrals as such. Which I have been proven wrong, I think.

Spoiler

3039bc870107caf47d4614728aa983c1107dcae5

QF62 was an E!Shining game:

I went over it looking for Shining posts in particular and I think their posts there were significantly more substantial compared to this game. @Matrim's Dice you were elim with them - don't you think they're almost a little too detached here? 

Have there been any other E!Shining games? I couldn't find any. Finding this one was a pain too because where on earth is the aftermath

42 minutes ago, Archer said:

SK that can only kill villagers and neutrals doesn't make a lot of sense. SKs are supposed to be balancers even if they don't win.

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

QF62 was an E!Shining game:

I went over it looking for Shining posts in particular and I think their posts there were significantly more substantial compared to this game. @Matrim's Dice you were elim with them - don't you think they're almost a little too detached here? 

Have there been any other E!Shining games? I couldn't find any. Finding this one was a pain too because where on earth is the aftermath

Did that game really never get an aftermath? Man.

I’m not sure how much I want to compare those since I converted him in his first game, which is a special case. To me there are like two playstyles most people have, the active one and the passive one, and there are v and e variants of both. 

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Did that game really never get an aftermath? Man.

I’m not sure how much I want to compare those since I converted him in his first game, which is a special case. To me there are like two playstyles most people have, the active one and the passive one, and there are v and e variants of both. 

Oh so they weren’t always elim there? That changes things. When did you convert them? 

13 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Oh so they weren’t always elim there? That changes things. When did you convert them? 

C1 xD so he was village for 24 hours and elim for 96. My point there was less the conversion and more that it was his first game though.