Sadge. 

Lying is fun. I will confirm that Aman is telling the truth about me, at least. I too was attempting to get Trolled, although I will say that unfortunately I was trying to kill Aman. My lies have mostly been based on me alternately believing and then not believing Aman. I initially claimed Midfielder because it was less risky than claiming Goalkeeper, but served the same purpose. Then I asked Kas a question, got a neither can nor can't confirm, then reread my role and decided Aman was a filthy liar, so I decided to kill him. Then I got happy that nobody trolled me because I realized Aman was probably just a Goalkeeper like me, and them he claimed Captain, I got very confused, and now my (third set of) original suspicions are confirmed. I do not like Stick off of this.

Notice how long it took me between those last two posts, and how early my first post about the World Cup was. Extremely natural progression. And y'all just dealt with Rhino me, please don't tell me just because you see "Adavantos" instead of a cute lil Plum Rhinoceros, my gambits suddenly become default evil >> I don't even think I've done an elim gambit in years. E!me is too safe. I'd just be feigning confusion and blending while hyperposting, not explicitly making myself the center of attention 

I also remember dealing with Aman the elim pinchitter in a game I lost and I don't care to repeat that experience. :P. The best game to pull off a gambit you're extremely capable of is one where it flopping doesn't expose your teammates through your flip. 

Borrowing Kas’ thing. The general idea is to group reactions and look for outliers. Generally elims have moderate responses. Note: this only has a proven track record with villager claim gambits. I’ve removed Aman and TUN from the pool because they have TMI as soccer players themselves.  

Of the folks who responded within a reasonable time frame, we had the following reaction to Aman’s post claiming the details of the Referee role:

Accept and ask clarifying questions: TJ, Stick, Mat

Light acceptance: Devo, Wiz

Ignore: Bookwyrm, Randby, Fadran, Steel, Fae, Ashbringer

Lightly reject: Araris

Reject: Striker, Xino, Orlok

Wiz notably used the word ‘claim’ a few times when describing Aman’s claim, then I think took inspiration from Aman and start dolling out information in a similar fashion, which is possibly recognition of the benefits of what he was doing.

Tonally, TJ and Orlok occupy very distinct ends of the spectrum. TJ was ecstatic while Orlok seemed very against the whole thing. This two responses were the most surprising for the level of conviction behind them. 

Factoring in reads, we’ve got villagers in most of the groups (eg Randby, Striker, Devo…). I’m inclined to believe a generic elim would show some level of skepticism about the opportunity, either through rejection or questioning.

The ignore pile looks about right. Steel and Ashbringer are the outliers in it, but if the criteria is lower activity or less experience, it’s a consistent pile. Based on that criteria, I'd kind of expect Xino to be in it as well, but they had 15 posts D1, which takes them out of their typical low profile position in terms of activity (I'm not considering substance, which I'm aware is a separate issue). 

Unfortunately I’m left looking at Araris and Wiz, which are two people we shouldn’t exe today because of Lynchbait. 

29 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The only thing weirding me out is how sure you are about TUN (and various other things) when like you only actually have your own ideas but I feel like that's an Aman thing and not an elim thing.

The Known Novel, for now. I doubt (if this role exists) that there are three village of them, but I could buy two. The elims probably have a troll or a goalkeeper. But not both. Unless that's where the Tani kill came from >>

Ashbringer deserves some pressure I think. Dunno why people have v read him with no explanation.

Bruh I've been paranoiding on TKN since he claimed Midfielder haha. But since no one has claimed Striker (which is odd, since Goalkeeper is both a Lurcher and a Coinshot depending on Trolling), the only possibility is he's the same role as me and figured out what I was doing. I just can't decide if I V!Read or E!Read him for it, because if the elims have a Goalkeeper but not a Troll, I could see e!Goalkeeper!TNK tying himself to me and my lies to also try to get a free kill.

FTR though, I have 5 Goalkeeper suspects rn (likely wrong about at least 1, but these things happened) 

1. Adavantos
  2. TJ (first player to mention keeper in thread, either huge coincidence or a signal / slip)
  3. Archer (D1 made a joke suggested Stick was a Goalkeeper because she was trying to block a kill, or something eerily close to it's real effect))
  4. TNK (already explained)
  5. Stick (now claiming a non-Goalkeeper Lurcher, presumably to bait Trolling off info roles but ?)
23 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Sadge. 

Lying is fun. I will confirm that Aman is telling the truth about me, at least. I too was attempting to get Trolled, although I will say that unfortunately I was trying to kill Aman. My lies have mostly been based on me alternately believing and then not believing Aman. I initially claimed Midfielder because it was less risky than claiming Goalkeeper, but served the same purpose. Then I asked Kas a question, got a neither can nor can't confirm, then reread my role and decided Aman was a filthy liar, so I decided to kill him. Then I got happy that nobody trolled me because I realized Aman was probably just a Goalkeeper like me, and them he claimed Captain, I got very confused, and now my (third set of) original suspicions are confirmed. I do not like Stick off of this.

I hate lying personally, but can justify it when the benefits outweigh the costs. The costs for my shenanigans, however, snowballed more than I anticipated, and I think we have enough good info now that I can eliminate as much misinformation as possible. Also, I don't care at all about getting killed anymore, execution or otherwise. I get to talk in thread? I don't care about roles, nor my own vote really. Discussion is all I care about >:)

ED1T:

16 minutes ago, Archer said:

I also remember dealing with Aman the elim pinchitter in a game I lost and I don't care to repeat that experience. :P. The best game to pull off a gambit you're extremely capable of is one where it flopping doesn't expose your teammates through your flip. 

Fair, but I was very distant, non-impactful, and blendy with my posts that game. Not attention seeking. Plus, if e!Me has prior knowledge of Forum Family Roles (assuming Goalkeeper is an anomaly for some reason), especially in a game with SE Forum flavor, why would I invent a totally insane lie I knew it would eventually fall apart? Whereas v!me would only know my own roles and would need to make distro guesses based on that, and I saw (perhaps shadows) of other potential footbally roles.

That all said, I might just be an idiot. Does Goalkeeper have any context as a term within SE or forums in general? The flavor of the role isn't even world cup related, just references past successful Lurchers, so I really dunno

Edited by Amanuensis

14 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Bruh I've been paranoiding on TKN since he claimed Midfielder haha. But since no one has claimed Striker (which is odd, since Goalkeeper is both a Lurcher and a Coinshot depending on Trolling), the only possibility is he's the same role as me and figured out what I was doing. I just can't decide if I V!Read or E!Read him for it, because if the elims have a Goalkeeper but not a Troll, I could see e!Goalkeeper!TNK tying himself to me and my lies to also try to get a free kill.

FTR though, I have 5 Goalkeeper suspects rn (likely wrong about at least 1, but these things happened) 

Sorry, I meant that you were sure of TKN's role, not alignment. Like you were confident he was a Goalkeeper before he said he was. But your explanation of why makes sense to me and like I said, it wasn't really something I think was elim indicative, just an Aman thing.

How many Goalkeepers do you think there are? xD

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Sorry, I meant that you were sure of TKN's role, not alignment. Like you were confident he was a Goalkeeper before he said he was. But your explanation of why makes sense to me and like I said, it wasn't really something I think was elim indicative, just an Aman thing.

How many Goalkeepers do you think there are? xD

2 Village 1 Elim would be my bet but from my data TJ, Archer, and TNK either intentionally, accidentally, or coincidentally signaled/slipped Goalkeeper knowledge when they should not have been able to prior to that point without being one / being on a team with one. Then you got whatever Stick is doing

21 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

that all said, I might just be an idiot. Does Goalkeeper have any context as a term within SE or forums in general? The flavor of the role isn't even world cup related, just references past successful Lurchers, so I really dunno

Resurfacing this ED1T in case it was missed

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

that all said, I might just be an idiot. Does Goalkeeper have any context as a term within SE or forums in general? The flavor of the role isn't even world cup related, just references past successful Lurchers, so I really dunno

I don't think it does. If it's a real role it'd just be Kas and Fifth thinking it was funny to hearken back to all that dead doc discussion about the World Cup

dannex, why do you ask :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, dannnnnex said:

yes hi i’m behind and don’t wanna reread too much

do we have any confirmed vote manip?

We haven't officially seen any vote manip, but Striker claimed the Lynchbait role, which will add 1 vote 1 of Myself, Araris, or Wiz for this turn.

25 minutes ago, Archer said:

Wiz notably used the word ‘claim’ a few times when describing Aman’s claim, then I think took inspiration from Aman and start dolling out information in a similar fashion, which is possibly recognition of the benefits of what he was doing.

I did see Aman's claim and decided that I could be the single PM role who claimed. Mostly to let the village know that such roles actually existed and also to seem only like a PMing role. I tried to obfuscate the even night action to hide that it could be an allignment scanned but Fae let that one out of the bag so I've been clarifiying everything about my role to the best that I can.

ED1T:

Just now, Amanuensis said:

We haven't officially seen any vote manip, but Striker claimed the Lynchbait role, which will add 1 vote 1 of Myself, Araris, or Wiz for this turn.

And supposedly only to one who shares his allignment.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

Just now, dannnnnex said:

because it’s useful to know if there’s vote manip or not wdym

why do you ask why do i ask?

Because you came back after missing the last thirty plus pages of discussion and the only thing you asked about was whether or not we have vote manip :P 

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Because you came back after missing the last thirty plus pages of discussion and the only thing you asked about was whether or not we have vote manip :P 

i talked N1 wdym

missed the last like

8 pages

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

could you clarify if RPer only takes one or two?

2 Village 1 Elim would be my bet

RPer takes one role, randomly if the target has multiple.

So does that mean you think the elims have a troll such that they can kill two people every night and that's how Tani and I died? I'm not seeing troll as village/neutral exclusive.

@Archer Temptation is a troll style role from LG 53. It was confirmed evil in that game but in this game there's probably a mix. The odds of an elim troll are high enough that it makes little sense to claim roles in an 'I hope I don't get trolled' way.

CircleHippocampus.PNG.c37fb1fd7cdc4bcb95f6e532b661bc6b.PNG Guest accounts are the best I could do.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Sunset Unicorn :( We've had that account for years, since before I was a separate person.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG It's why I exist, in some ways.

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG Saponin will get it back for you.

CircleUnicorn.PNG.a774e4cc8fca8f96dc82cd55fa4c3608.PNG Thanks :)

CircleHippocampus.PNG.c37fb1fd7cdc4bcb95f6e532b661bc6b.PNG np. Tell us the story in person.

CircleHippocampus.PNG.c37fb1fd7cdc4bcb95f6e532b661bc6b.PNG That DDoS attack hit all of us despite having IP addresses in different countries. That's more than bots could do.

CircleDragon.PNG.d7efa67304e5e47300f80fa221a1ebec.PNG Someone on the site saw we were connected.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Nah. Until now I've always implied "There's always another secret" but I'm being forthcoming with it all now. Again, used verifiable thread progression as evidence for my mindset. It checks out

Ok fair. After reading through your progression I can see it. It's probably prudent you concealed this until now.

Was there a reason you chose to reveal this cycel?

12 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

RPer takes one role, randomly if the target has multiple.

So does that mean you think the elims have a troll such that they can kill two people every night and that's how Tani and I died? I'm not seeing troll as village/neutral exclusive.

@Archer Temptation is a troll style role from LG 53. It was confirmed evil in that game but in this game there's probably a mix. The odds of an elim troll are high enough that it makes little sense to claim roles in an 'I hope I don't get trolled' way.

I have been worried about them having both a Goalkeeper and Troll, yeah.

Thing is, I got Troll Immunity last night, which can mean one of two things:

1. A Troll Trolled a Troll who was Trolling and I randomly got the immunity effect for one cycle
  2. Elims have a role that can make players immune to Trolling and used on me to deny me kills

So in scenario one, that means Three Trolls had actions accounted for that couldn't have been the E!Troll to make E!Goalkeeper kill Tani, which would mean three V Trolls one E Troll minimum.

In scenario two, idk how many other Trolls there are and an anti-Troll role exists on the elim team.

TBH the question is if there's a Vig kill beyond Trolled!Goalkeeper.

7 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Ok fair. After reading through your progression I can see it. It's probably prudent you concealed this until now.

Was there a reason you chose to reveal this cycel?

Too many people complaining about me distracting or clearly getting hung up on my fake claim, so I felt bad :P

But I did consider claiming a Neutral SK Referee, if my kill went through last night on Silho, to claim that I have a Carved Red from MR17-esque wincon where I win only if I survive until 1-1-1 V-N-E exlo, and to help with it, I know the numbers on both sides (19 - 6, for example) and every time a player died, I would receive an update in my PM to that number

Edited by Amanuensis

I've vaguely aware of the discussion that's happened so far; I've been reading but haven't really had the time to post. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by the revelation that Ada is a compulsive liar :P.

I'm currently at Stick, Bookwyrm, and Shining for my vote targets. Some village cred to Walin for not self-preserving. I'm not entirely sure what the deal was with Ada's last VC during D1, since it had incorrect totals.

To elaborate on my vote, it's coming from a combination of my discomfort with her early D1 discussion and her last-minute vote on Striker that wasn't really justified.

I'm also going to say that my porch role might have a weird interaction with Striker's role, but I'm not going to give any details unless that becomes visible in the final VC.

13 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I've vaguely aware of the discussion that's happened so far; I've been reading but haven't really had the time to post. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by the revelation that Ada is a compulsive liar :P.

I'm currently at Stick, Bookwyrm, and Shining for my vote targets. Some village cred to Walin for not self-preserving. I'm not entirely sure what the deal was with Ada's last VC during D1, since it had incorrect totals.

To elaborate on my vote, it's coming from a combination of my discomfort with her early D1 discussion and her last-minute vote on Striker that wasn't really justified.

I'm also going to say that my porch role might have a weird interaction with Striker's role, but I'm not going to give any details unless that becomes visible in the final VC.

Compulsive? My lies are always premeditated >:)

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmmm.

Archer, what's your current opinion of Walin?

TJ, what's your current opinion of Shining?

Aman, what's your current opinion of Stick?

Fae, what's your current opinion of Bookwyrm?

Those people all had negative reads of each other the previous day. At least from what I can remember.

ED1T:

Are you trying to repoint them back at each other?

Edited by The Wandering Wizard
Hit send too early, way too early. Didn't finish the thought

5 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Those people all had negative reads of each other the previous day. At least from what I can remember.

ED1T:

Are you trying to repoint them back at each other?

Well, I wanted to see if they remembered, so thanks for reminding them :P

But also just if or how things have changed.