2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Checked the Shard. Had twenty notifications. Freaked out. 

Luckily it was because of Devo, not this game. But I do apologize, I've been pretty lazy here because I figured I'm going to die eventually anyway so might as well take the easy out and let you guys wrap things up. 

Orlok showed 2 elims among Ashbringer, Drake, TUN, Mat, Shining, Steeldancer, TJ, and me. 

Steeldancer+Shining is bad because we're shooting in a pool that's already been cleared. 

Steeldancer+Ashbringer is easily refutable with an exe of Ashbringer today. E!Ashbringer clears me, Mat, TJ, Drake. V!Ashbringer means we confirm his role/alignment, and then have more cleared villagers aka meat shields while we wittle down the suspect pool. I call that a win-win. 

Otherwise, I'm generally opposed to shooting within that pool. It makes more sense to target Biplet or Araris to hedge against e!Shining. 

Can someone confirm there's a reason e!Fae didn't just claim the Wiz scan-role-thing for cred? 

I'll note that it's weird that the PM Spider scans have started becoming about past actions instead of present ones. Best guess is still the GMs got bored and wanted to add variety. 

Ashbringer 

Uh, we can't kill Ashbringer. Threadmaster remember :P

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Uh, we can't kill Ashbringer. Threadmaster remember :P

He's saying that we should exe him to check, but forgetting that Ash used the ability to kill Sart so he's already basically confirmed.

Okay. So hear me out. What if e!Bip? :P

ED1T:

D5 Votes

Steeldancer (7): Archer, Channelknight Fadran, JNV, Matrim's Dice, Orlok Tsubodai, The last Fae in the Woods, The Wandering Wizard
Sart (4): Amanuensis, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, TJ
Channelknight Fadran (3): Araris Valerian, Biplet, Steeldancer
Biplet (1): Sart

Assuming E!Steel, E!Sart, and V!Fadran, Biplet and Araris look kinda bad for voting with Steel?

Edited by Amanuensis

43 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

He's saying that we should exe him to check, but forgetting that Ash used the ability to kill Sart so he's already basically confirmed.

All I've seen is a survival and a day kill. The village indicative part of their role is indefinitely surviving exes. That has yet to be tested 

35 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

ED1T:

D5 Votes

Assuming E!Steel, E!Sart, and V!Fadran, Biplet and Araris look kinda bad for voting with Steel?

E!Sart trying to split the vote for the Fadran exe to get hammered through is the best theory I've seen so far about why they did what they did

Just now, Archer said:

All I've seen is a survival and a day kill. The village indicative part of their role is indefinitely surviving exes. That has yet to be tested 

E!Sart trying to split the vote for the Fadran exe to get hammered through is the best theory I've seen so far about why they did what they did

The other part of that is he used his single use ability to kill Sart, who I think we all unanimously agree is evil.

Just now, Archer said:

I mean, it’s been tested once :P

Also, why would e!me use my Double Exe / Day Kill on e!Sart? I’m not a Coinshot stuck into going for suspects under threat of being exed, nobody knew I could do that. I could have just not done it, let Drake go for Sart or not and play from then on.

Or I could have used it on you D6. I don’t know if you’re Village, but you do and E!Me would, and that wouldn’t even look that suspicious IMO.

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I mean, it’s been tested once :P

Also, why would e!me use my Double Exe / Day Kill on e!Sart? I’m not a Coinshot stuck into going for suspects under threat of being exed, nobody knew I could do that. I could have just not done it, let Drake go for Sart or not and play from then on.

Or I could have used it on you D6. I don’t know if you’re Village, but you do and E!Me would, and that wouldn’t even look that suspicious IMO.

Y'know, I'm surprised your role doesn't require you to submit it by rollovet like Mat's...

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

ED1T:

D5 Votes

You know, you were the person that was adamant about v!Steel, and in that world e!Fadran was the best explanation. I was gunning for Steel pretty much that entire cycle, but was willing to acknowledge that you could be right.

7 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

You know, you were the person that was adamant about v!Steel, and in that world e!Fadran was the best explanation. I was gunning for Steel pretty much that entire cycle, but was willing to acknowledge that you could be right.

Fair :P which leads me back to e!Bip :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Archer said:

The votecount right before Sart's claim was allegedly

Steeldancer (7): Archer, Channelknight Fadran, JNV, The Wandering Wizard, The last Fae in the Woods, DrakeMarshall, Orlok Tsubodai
Channelknight Fadran (4): Matrim's Dice, Araris Valerian, Steeldancer, Biplet
Sart (3): Amanuensis, Ashbringer, TJ

so if the goal was to exe v!Fadran, Sart voting for Fadran and then one Steel voter switching over makes it a tie, and if they really want it Tani could vote. That doesn't seem like a good plan though since it throws away Sart, Steel + one more player just to delay Steel's death. The actual result of Sart sacrificing himself trying to delay Steel's death doesn't make much sense either. Getting a claimed scan out on Bip was more important/plausible than killing Fadran.

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Hey, if this backfires it’s not on me, alright? xD Y’all should cmon over to the statistical side, we have a higher chance of winning…

#MathIsAnElimTell

in their finite but large wisdom, the sacred numbers told me to vote steel before it was even cool

the sacred numbers are a path to great enlightenment!

#MathIsAnElimTell :ph34r:

I guess, what do you want me to do?

I don't sus people to get them to do things for me I sus people when they are sus >:P

...also you may have noticed that I constructed elim theories for everyone :P

We don’t need to paranoid. We’re at the stage where statistically we win, so statistically we should make smart exes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

#MathIsAnElimTell :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Your completely organic votecount:

I only buy organic vote counts at the supermarket

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

D5 Votes

Agreed.

The Biplet case is confused slightly by the fact that e!Sart subsequently claimed to have a red scan on Biplet, which looks an awful lot like a panicked response to the fact that the top 2 trains were on elims at the time (edit: apparently Fadran actually had 1 more vote than Sart at the time, but still). However, this comes down to risk appetite. In the world where you decide you are going to take some kind of loss inevitably, claiming to have a red scan on an actual teammate actually makes a good deal of sense because it does at least stand a decent chance of getting one of you semi-cleared out of it. This would be a reasonable play in my books, assuming those involved agreed to it, and it was late enough in the cycle that I completely believe the elim team could have talked it over and agreed on this course of action.

Also yes Araris was indeed gunning for Steel. Although I'm not sure how much weight that ultimately has when Araris eventually switched onto somebody else.

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Also, why would e!me use my Double Exe / Day Kill on e!Sart?

To play devil's advocate here: I was going to shoot Sart if you hadn't beat me to it. You know this to be true.

So if Sart is already going to die, being the one to do the deed nets you village cred. Yes, it frees me up to do something different with my action on that night, but in my opinion this course of action is still broadly a net positive trade for e!Ashbringer.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

7 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Uhm. Vote count?

Using the last GM VC as a basis 

Archer (5): Amanuensis, Araris Valerian, Ashbringer, DrakeMarshall, JNV
JNV (2): Mat, Wiz
Matrim's Dice (1): The last Fae in the Woods,JNV (2): Wizard, Mat
Ashbringer (1) : Archer

@Amanuensis, should be fixed now >>

Edited by The Wandering Wizard
Posted way too early >>

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Using the last GM VC as a basis 

JNV (2): Mat, Wiz
Matrim's Dice (1): The last Fae in the Woods,
Ashbringer (1) : Archer

@Amanuensis, should be fixed now >>

Hm. I guess this is just what we’re going with?

I believe that's right.

Drake - I mean, you'd been claiming pacifist for so long I have no idea who you'd NK :P

But also e!me letting you spend your NK on Sart is better in a scenario where there's another Elim I think is in danger. Just from Thread Master I was decently village read, methinks. And getting an extra death in the Day would be something I think e!me would save to the end. Getting past the exelo rush of dead villagers would help Elims significantly. I suppose I could have done it for village credit, maybe, but I honestly don't think I would have. Saving it would be more important.

3 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well it could maybe switch to JNV, that's honestly the only other option that I currently see with who all is one right now.

Or we just let Drake knock off JNV tonight, which is fine.

No point in moving (or at least it won’t change anything) and I don’t want to bbcode on mobile cause I’m lazy, so I’ll stay and if y’all flashwagon JNV I’ll be confused, but it’s not my choice :P 

LG92: Night Seven - Shooting the Messenger

Spoiler

image.png?width=810&height=670

image.png?width=635&height=670

image.png

>>>

Archer was removed!

JNV (2): Matrim's Dice, The Wandering Wizard
Matrim's Dice (1): The last Fae in the Woods

The Night has begun and will end on Friday, 17th February 2022 at 1100hrs SGT (GMT+8)!

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • Kas and Fifth are only valid vote targets at parity.
  • The wincons are complete. 
  • Flipless implies no roles and no alignments.
  • Survivals, if any, will be written up in the standard way.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. @Ashbringer as Ash the Amateur, a RPing college student
2. @The Wandering Wizard as Emma, twin of Wiz, corruptor of all, avatar of the Kaos.
3. @Steeldancer as Steel
4. @Channelknight Fadran as Fadran the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before.
5. @StrikerEZ as Kjell, an overworked, stressed out man who really needs a break
6. @xinoehp512 as xinoehp513, a newbie to the forum that is very puzzled that his name was already taken.
7. @JNV as JNV
8. @Matrim's Dice as Matrim's Dice
9. @Biplet as Biplet
10. @Araris Valerian as Metalcognition, definitely not an imposter of the founder of SE.
11. @Devotary of Spontaneity as Cecelia, Devona, and Saponin
12. @Amanuensis as Adavantos
13. @The Known Novel as TKN (The Known (and Totally Kool) Novel)
14. @The Bookwyrm as Bookwyrm, the SE deprived Sharder who's doing this even though it might be a bad idea.
15. @Tani as Mehelin, a random bystander who isn't Randby.
16. @Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.
17. @Walin as Walin, the consistently befuddled and absent SE-er
18. @|TJ| as mad watcher
19. @dannnnnex as Danex
20. @DrakeMarshall as Drake
21. @Orlok Tsubodai as Orlok (he's Orlok right? I think?)
22. @Random Bystander as Random Bystander
23. @Sart as Sart
24. @Shining Silhouette as Silho, bootleg King's Wit
25. @The last Fae in the Woods as The last Fae in the Woods

Edited by Kasimir