To reverse a well-known adage: “Confirmed Evil != Confirmed Wrong”.

E!Sart didn’t have much choice about saying he scanned Araris. Maybe it was a setup to claim (Vote?) Analyst later, maybe it wasn’t. But idk if it’s enough to E-read Araris solely.

Also if we’re really scared of E!Drake, we have a roleblocker…

21 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@Amanuensis, the role is just called Analyst.

Oi! In that case my shot-in-the-dark long-game plan of calling your role Vote Analyst and not Analyst worked then!

Okay so e!Sart, cool. Shoot Bip anyway and Araris for good measure? :D

ED1T:

:o:o:o this probably confirms elims never had a Goalkeeper then. Which makes sense in an e!Drake world!

Edited by Amanuensis

10 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Oi! In that case my shot-in-the-dark long-game plan of calling your role Vote Analyst and not Analyst worked then!

Okay so e!Sart, cool. Shoot Bip anyway and Araris for good measure? :D

ED1T:

:o:o:o this probably confirms elims never had a Goalkeeper then. Which makes sense in an e!Drake world!

I just don’t understand why you’re hellbent on me being an elim lol. You’re like the only one still caught on this train, yet you’re also convinced we’ve caught 0 elims besides Tani and that steel was village, despite yesterday being certain he was elim (I think? I might be misremembering but I’m on mobile so yeah).  Tell me why e!sart would purposefully make e!me look bad with a nonsensical claim right before dying

1 minute ago, Biplet said:

I just don’t understand why you’re hellbent on me being an elim lol. You’re like the only one still caught on this train, yet you’re also convinced we’ve caught 0 elims besides Tani and that steel was village, despite yesterday being certain he was elim (I think? I might be misremembering but I’m on mobile so yeah).  Tell me why e!sart would purposefully make e!me look bad with a nonsensical claim right before dying

Ada was generally unconvinced that Steel was elim and consistently pushed for a Sart exe the entire cycle.

I suppose now we should ask ourselves again if we think Steel was elim, because in a v!Steel world I think the players that shifted quickly to vote Sart would be very likely to be village.

I don’t really want to consider this, but there is also the remote possibility that Sart was village and just repeated the term in thread that folks had been using, while actually being an Analyst. Just going to throw that on the table, since Sart seemed disengaged enough to possibly make a mistake like that.

16 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Never don't gambit :ph34r:

This was a clever little trick to pull and I only vaguely noticed in the back of my mind that it had shifted from Analyst to Vote Analyst, nicely played

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Okay so e!Sart, cool.

I told you dawg, v!Sart is total kayana :P

I respect thinking the best of people but the timing and wording of Sart's claim raised all of my hackles even before I even thought through how the logistics didn't line up

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Shoot Bip anyway and Araris for good measure? :D

Do you subscribe to the theory that Sart was doing this on purpose to distance from Biplet, then? Because I did bring it up but I do think it's a bit tinfoily.

I dunno, I might actually embrace pacifism tonight. I really don't feel confident about any shots. Who am I kidding that won't stop me from trying.

25 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

As it is the night cycle, the convention is that votes cast are nominations for who we think the coinshot should shoot.

Your vote has been duly recorded :P

27 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Generally that’s how suspicions work :P especially when I haven’t personally read any of your posts as Village motivated —just your personal survival motivated — and other people have been fighting against your exe since I proposed it D2. In any game I would be tunneling you atm, it’s just maybe worse because of the blackout factor. If your village I’m sorry but I can’t foresee my e!read going away until the game is over 

Like. Who are your e-reads? I don’t think you’ve ever given one.

Anyway, Sart claimed to scan Araris and me Village and you elim. The first layer take is that he was framing you, the second layer take that he was distancing from you

ED1T:

That said, Bip, I can see an e!Steel/e!Sart world, which Orlok’s scan should confirm, and that Sart proposed you to save Steel. I just don’t understand why he’d put himself at risk to save him; even less so why he’d make a fake claim to save v!Steel

ED2T:

IMO the most likely reason was to interfere with V!Steel’s tie results because it could have been a big problem for the two elims in both ties. Maybe he wanted us to think e!Biplet hopped on to confuse us going forward? @Biplet

Edited by Amanuensis

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Who are your e-reads? I don’t think you’ve ever given one.

To be honest?? You lol. The flip flopping of opinions, changing reasons for my elim read, the insistence on not believing the Steel scan but being 99% on Sart’s proposed scan of me even though it’s obviously a lie? The reason I haven’t said anything is because you have an extreme amount of thread control and a CS kill, but since I’m going to die to you tonight, I might as well put my neck out for the guillotine

the sacred numbers actually agree that Bip is a bot, or at least the most likely remaining player to be one

i did not expect this

i think the sacred numbers might be drunk

but is there something to it?

imo e!Bip makes a ton of sense in a v!Steel world and very little sense in an e!Steel world, so Orlok's scan will really be helpful here

10 minutes ago, Biplet said:

To be honest?? You lol. The flip flopping of opinions, changing reasons for my elim read, the insistence on not believing the Steel scan but being 99% on Sart’s proposed scan of me even though it’s obviously a lie? The reason I haven’t said anything is because you have an extreme amount of thread control and a CS kill, but since I’m going to die to you tonight, I might as well put my neck out for the guillotine

I don't have a kill tonight :P I've given up on trying to get trolled and shoot you

8 minutes ago, Biplet said:

He’s only got the thread control we give him. And actually, feeling threatened by a player with thread control feels like an elim perspective to me, based on how I approached things in the AG.