3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If you look back a way's you'll find it. Should be his last post in this thread.

Hey Fadran (the Guy From the Fellowship of the Thing Who Has Never Done This Before), if there are more than 15 posts between this post and my next post, please vote for me. It is not necessarily part of my wincon, but it is part of my strategy. Do you want to PM?

That makes things clearer, my apologies for misunderstanding. Ideally we'd have discussed this in our PM, but I'm too swamped to reply to yours right now. I didn't really care about Walin specifically though, I just wanted to see if you had a game solving based reason for any of your behaviour. 

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

I have no idea.

I am really, really bad at understanding social cues.

Which is probably why I am so bad at Sanderson Elimination.

Nonsense, it's a team sport, so you can only be bad if your team is bad. And our team is excellent. The whole soccer theme helps build that comradery. Which position did you get? 

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(Reference)

So you're okay with putting yourself in danger for Walin's unknown 'strategy'?

I'm okay with being a man of my word, and my word says I vote Walin if there's more than fifteen posts between that post and his next.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

I'm okay with being a man of my word, and my word says I vote Walin if there's more than fifteen votes between that post and his next.

You're only bound by your word because Walin asked you to. You don't even know why he did. Do you? I'd think that would make a difference.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

That makes things clearer, my apologies for misunderstanding. Ideally we'd have discussed this in our PM, but I'm too swamped to reply to yours right now. I didn't really care about Walin specifically though, I just wanted to see if you had a game solving based reason for any of your behaviour. 

Nonsense, it's a team sport, so you can only be bad if your team is bad. And our team is excellent. The whole soccer theme helps build that comradery. Which position did you get? 

My role?

*laughs in irony*

Well, apparently my role IRL and in this specific game are the same.

I be a RPer.

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You're only bound by your word because Walin asked you to. You don't even know why he did. Do you? I'd think that would make a difference.

I can only imagine he has some kind of role that gives him superpowers when someone votes for him. Regardless of what it is, I definitely want to see what happens.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

My role?

*laughs in irony*

Well, apparently my role IRL and in this specific game are the same.

I be a RPer.

Did... you just claim because Archer asked you to? >>

I guess we don't know what that means. Don't tell us what that means.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I can only imagine he has some kind of role that gives him superpowers when someone votes for him. Regardless of what it is, I definitely want to see what happens.

THAT is a quotation mark  

34 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

The notorious eliminator doc.

At least, I'm assuming they aren't talking about the doc for dead people.

...is there even going to be a doc for dead people?

Since Kas is running this game, yes, there will be a dead doc. Knowing him and Fifth, it’s probably at 20+ pages already.

In regards to other game things, I’m definitely partial to Fadran being some kind of neutral player, but I don’t think he’s elim. Notably, only a neutral could honestly wonder whether everyone (else) is elim. I will say that you can’t unsay things in SE though. Joking can be dangerous in that regard.

28 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

It doesn't scare me as much as Calamity did in MR56

Not the first time I've been asked this, so while Ash in particular wasn't the one to ask:

I will not conceal from players the existence of neutrals who can cause the Village or Elims to directly lose the game. In light of the strong negative reaction in MR56 to Calamity being a concealed SK and the 'exact wording' nature of the Village's wincon in that game, I will note that while I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of neutrals, I can categorically assert that everything the Village and Elims need to win is stated directly in their wincons. If there is a specific neutral/faction the Village or Elims have to kill or can otherwise lose to, I would have stated it upfront or hinted at it.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Since Kas is running this game, yes, there will be a dead doc. Knowing him and Fifth, it’s probably at 20+ pages already.

Eleven actually. I do have an exam... And we have a three-way Discord PM with Elan to panic-scream into.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

It’s honestly frustrating how much we’re paying attention to Aman’s Referee role. If this were a TJ game, I could see it being snuck in here. But just Kas and Fifth? Idk.

You haven't seen the LG91 dead doc :P

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

I was initially reading these interactions as E (bookwyrm/fae/wiz/etc) but I think they just sound suspicious because these players interact outside of SE from what I’ve been able to gather. Right? Maybe?

I know Bookwyrm but not Fae. Seems like Fae is sheeping Bookwyrm.

2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Also! Troll-role was elim in LG 53. I expect similar to this:

Temptation: Absolutely terrifying with Code. They get into the code and corrupt it. If they target you, your action will do exactly what you didn’t want. You will accidently ban a player instead of protect them. Or you will accidentally reveal your IP address instead of PM them. Or something. And then they will know what and who you are. 

So we can't count on roles to do what they're supposed to.

I can confirm that being trolled works a lot like this for me, because I'm told what happens if I'm trolled but not if I am trolled.

I leave for 12 hours and you guys write 4 pages of posts! My heck do you guys always talk this much? Like I said earlier, mass role claiming seems like a bad idea. Striker Archer feels like an elim move to try and get free info. 

Ooc: thanks for being upfront about the matter of the serial killer possibility. It would be similarly frustrating if there were a secret role we could just lose to out of nowhere. 

Sounds like it is possible there’s secret roles we may have to deal with, but there’s not shenanigans like Calamity where we have to. Village (and Elims) still win through their posted wincons.

Idk if a secret SK with a “be the last one standing” could be in play, but the JOEs (spreading Conversions) might be. That was a feature of LG53 iirc.

Channelknight Fadran (3): The Known Novel, The Wandering Wizard, TJ
Archer (3): Devotary of Spontaneity, Walin, Steeldancer
StrikerEZ (1): Araris Valerian
The Wandering Wizard (1): Tani
Danex (1): Ashbringer
Stick (2): Orlok Tsubodai, Amanuensis
The Bookwyrm (1): xinoehp512
xinoehp512 (1): The Bookwyrm
TJ (1): Archer
Walin (1): Channelknight Fadran
Tani (1): Stick

6 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

I leave for 12 hours and you guys write 4 pages of posts! My heck do you guys always talk this much? Like I said earlier, mass role claiming seems like a bad idea. Striker Archer feels like an elim move to try and get free info. 

I generally agree with you (see previous comments of mine), but Randby offered a good opportunity to confirm Aman's story. They didn't seem caught up on the thread, so they probably weren't aware of the implications of claiming a World Cup role. Worst case was that n!Aman skewers them for it, but I trust n!Aman to self-moderate in that kind of situation. 

We didn't get that, but we did get good reason to believe in v!Randby, since elims usually prefer to hoard their secrets. 

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

(3) Channelknight Fadran: The Known Novel, The Wandering Wizard, TJ,
(3) Archer: Devotary of Spontaneity, WalinSteeldancer
(2) Stick: Orlok Tsubodai, Adavantos,

(1) StrikerEZ: Araris Valerian,
(1) Danex: Ashbringer,
(1) Walin: Channelknight Fadran,
(1) TJ: Archer,
(1) Bookwyrmxinoehp512,
(1) xinoehp512Bookwyrm
(1) The Wandering Wizard: Tani,
(1) TaniStick

I believe this is the correct current vote count.

Edited by Amanuensis

34 minutes ago, Steeldancer said:

Ooc: thanks for being upfront about the matter of the serial killer possibility. It would be similarly frustrating if there were a secret role we could just lose to out of nowhere. 

When did Archer advocate for claiming? I thought that was Aman, and he’s neutral, so :P.

Edit: Oh hello new page

Archer didn’t shoot down Steel in that way so I guess it did happen. Got lost in the pages and pages for me :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Also been asked to clarify this a few times:

On 1/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, Kasimir said:

4. Write-ups will be minimally informative. At this point, the only thing the write-up will announce accurately are the identities of the eliminated

I'm aware TJ gave role info on flips in MR56.

This is LG92, and I am kinder than my bro TJ. As a result, you do not need to deal with the agony of seeing roles without alignments. So confusing. Very sad. 

tldr; As advertised/warned, this is genuinely flipless. You do not get role info on flips either.

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

When did Archer advocate for claiming? I thought that was Aman, and he’s neutral, so :P.

Edit: Oh hello new page

Archer didn’t shoot down Steel in that way so I guess it did happen. Got lost in the pages and pages for me :P.

How do you feel about Fadran, Archer, and Stick? Any fourth person you're suspicious of that you'd like to prod?