Words of Founding not written in metal

Shinwarrior

I find it ironic that the holy script that the scadrians have is the Words of Founding (which was written by sazed himself and left for the people) and yet there is never mention of a metal copy. After all the trouble that Sazed himself got into. The Lost Metal Spoiler

Spoiler

In the Ars Arcanum it talks about how a discussion of Marsh indicates that Ruin isn't permeating everything like he was pre-Catacendre and I'm sure Sazed tries to suppress Ruin's influence. 

If something were to ever happen that Ruin started gaining more control I could see this as a large oversight. 

I think that a major part of the issue with Ruin in era 1 is that the Vessel directed the power to work in malicious ways. Now that Sazed is the Vessel that particular danger seems less pressing. If Sazed were to change in some way that would upset this I think that a metal-etched copy of any text would be the least of the issues people would face-- Sazed has the full power of two Shards and is not confined or limmited in the ways that Leras and Ati were.

Still seems like a good idea to have a metal copy though, if only for heritage's sake.

2 hours ago, HSuperLee said:

I'm sure some Scadrian Bible-thumper equivalent has made copies that are carved into metal. And by that I mean that I'm sure there are a whole bunch of them. So they'll probably be fine.

I was picturing doomsdayer types as the ones with the metal copies but I like the Bible-thumping (Founding-pounding) comparison.   

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the reason Ruin couldn’t properly interact with metal was because Preservation was in it and blocking him. Not only would Harmony or Discord be able to just destroy the world, but he probably could alter metal text. Assuming he wants to gaslight Scadrial and not gas it (hello Deepness).

3 hours ago, Mistchemist16 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the reason Ruin couldn’t properly interact with metal was because Preservation was in it and blocking him.

No, Preservation couldn't see metals either. It has to do with the planet, and the way that interacted with metal.

Edit: And neither can Harmony

Spoiler

Questioner

Now that Sazed is both Ruin and Preservation can he not see metal too?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, it's the same thing for him.

https://wob.coppermind.net/events/69/#e6131

Edited by Frustration