The Lords of Chaos

Oh, this war is just one for the lol's. I think we'll stop for now. And contrary, for the love of god, stop trying to recruit people. It gets quite annoying.

The war did create unwanted drama, though. Also, if I leave the Observers(which I probably won't) it will be of my own choice(unless I get offered some awesome deal or something to join over here :{D ).

I'd rather have Judgement Day than Rise of the Machines.

This was wonderful.

Ugh, today I am tired after dealing with Alaxel and the aftermath all day. I'm not really sure you are aware about how much effort and drafting we do when disciplining. It's freaking exhausting.

How is everyone tonight?

This was wonderful.

Ugh, today I am tired after dealing with Alaxel and the aftermath all day. I'm not really sure you are aware about how much effort and drafting we do when disciplining. It's freaking exhausting.

How is everyone tonight?

Dude, this is why I've never understood why people beg for authority on a board.  Takes so much time to do it right.  Just so you know, all your efforts on this place are greatly appreciated.

Nothing much going on right now here.  Just reading the new Ender Series book.  :)

I'm feeling a bit Piratey today. Hey Chaos, are the Pirate Monkeys part of the Lords of Chaos?

They one of our many allies.

Dude, this is why I've never understood why people beg for authority on a board.  Takes so much time to do it right.  Just so you know, all your efforts on this place are greatly appreciated.

Nothing much going on right now here.  Just reading the new Ender Series book.   :)

Yeah. I know I joked a while back when someone asked "how do I get to be a mod," and I responded with, tersely, "not asking to be a mod." The people who want power usually never should have it. Instead, bestow it on those who deserve it.

Huh. That's actually really deep, if you think about it. (I've been RPing more of a mentor character on MBI today, so it must have seeped through) It's totally true, though. It requires a lot of craft and care, and if you want the power just to have it, you don't respect it enough.

How many Ender books are there? I've only read Ender's Game.

19 total. Though not all of them are actually Ender books, they all take place in the Enderverse.

Chronological list, taken from Wikipedia.

1. Earth Unaware
  2. Earth Afire
  3. Earth Awakens
  4. "The Swarm"
  5. "The Hive"
  6. "The Queens"[16]
  7. Ender's Game
  8. Ender's Shadow (Note: The events of Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow take place in roughly the same time period.)
  9. A War of Gifts (Note: This takes place during Ender's Game/Ender's Shadow.)
  10. Shadow of the Hegemon
  11. Shadow Puppets
  12. Shadow of the Giant
  13. Ender in Exile (Note: Beginning takes place during Shadow of the Hegemon and through Shadow of the Giant)
  14. Shadows in Flight
  15. First Meetings (A collection of short stories whose settings range from before Ender's Game until after Shadows in Flight)
  16. Speaker for the Dead
  17. Xenocide
  18. Children of the Mind
  19. Shadows Alive

Wow, didn't realize there was that many Ender books.  And I've read the vast majority of them.  I just couldn't get through Shadow Puppets, so I left behind that branch of the story.  The new ones are quite good though.  Prequels the way they should be done.  Unlike a certain other series *cough*StarWars*cough*

EDIT:  I'd say the primary Ender books are awesome (Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide and Children of the Mind).  Ender's Shadow is excellent too, as it focuses on Bean during Battle School.

Edited by Terisen

I probably ought to just read Speaker for the Dead. From what I can tell, as long as you don't expect it to be like Ender's Game, it's a really good book, and considering it's been so long since I've read Ender's Game, I won't have that problem at all XD

And the next two are much more in the vein of Speaker for the Dead, yeah?

Yep.  So even though Ender's Game is part of the main Ender storyline, it actually serves as a "nexus" that all the other books hook to and drive off of in their stories, oftentimes very different in tone.

I've only read the 'main 4', Ender's Game, Speaker for the dead, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. I reccomend them, though they get Weird.

Ha, "weird" is one way to phrase it!

I am on battle mode today. In full battle gear: high heels, makeup, stern expression, strand of pearls, black dress, designer watch.

Boardroom negotiations. Tedious.

RP'ing is so much better.

And I agree about Ender's. I just only read the first four and then for some reason, I shifted to reading Dune and I never picked up an Ender book after.

RPing is always better. Unless I'm at the theater, of course. 

I've read Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead(which was super awesome). Dune is definitely on my reading list. My parents made us watch the movie, so now I have to read the book, but first I have to finish my Mistborn reread and the reading for a Classic Adventure Literature class.

Dune and Ender are similar to me in this way. Dune and Ender's Game Rock. Their sequels did not. I did enjoy the first two Bean books and the First Formic War. I also enjoyed Paul of Dune and plan on reading the Butlerian Jihad books at some point.

RPing is always better. Unless I'm at the theater, of course. 

I've read Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead(which was super awesome). Dune is definitely on my reading list. My parents made us watch the movie, so now I have to read the book, but first I have to finish my Mistborn reread and the reading for a Classic Adventure Literature class.

The movie was awful. I hated it.

Dune and Ender are similar to me in this way. Dune and Ender's Game Rock. Their sequels did not. I did enjoy the first two Bean books and the First Formic War. I also enjoyed Paul of Dune and plan on reading the Butlerian Jihad books at some point.

It seems Chaos has yet to white this out.

I actually thought it was quite entertaining, and it made me want to read the book. Although, I'm also not a purist with a lot of things, and I'm not sure how true to the book it was. 

We're talking about the old movie right? Where Alicia Witt plays the Abomination Alia?