Quick Fix 65: More Deception: Murder in the Cosmere

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hide contents
# Player Name Methods of Murder Pieces of Evidence    
1 The Known Novel Dakhor Ritual, Buried Alive, Shardblade, Rathbore Monk, Blackbane Leaf, White Clothing, Jam & Bread, Tonk, Ettmetal Cube,    
2 Amanuensis Dagger, Black Frayn, Nightblood, Deepwalker, Dehydration, Dakhor Bone, Cremlings, Water Vine, Sunglasses,    
3 Kasimir Tompher Poison, Rope, Highstorm, Meekers, Fire, Artifact, Trap Door, Fancy Dress, Medallion,    
4 TheAlpha929 Steelrunning, Cut-away vines, Bloodsealing, Hook, Poisonous Sting, Crab Legs, Fruit Juice, Picture of a Flower, Cigar Case,    
5 Fifth Scholar Ettmetal Explosion, Aon Sheo (Death), Acid, Poisoned Needle, Aimian, Pot of Stew, Hoid’s flute, Ragged Cloak, Cracked Shalebark,    
6 JNV Jeskeri Cult Ritual, Bow & Arrow, Soulcasting, Hammer, Toxic Fungus, Bright Green Hat, Tar-Lined Bag, Metal Flakes, Hog,    
7 _Stick_ Sandling, Drowning, Burned at the Stake, Grandbow, Explosion, Forged Painting, Chull Dung, White Sand, Half-Eaten Pancakes,    
8 Matrim's Dice Cliff, Martial Arts, Mistwraith, The Bands of Mourning , Dueling Cane, Saddle Strap, Crem , Artisan’s Script, Rotspren,    
9 The Wandering Wizard Firesnap Lizards, Coins, Sword, Backbreaker Powder, Pistol, Horneater Lager, Corroded Silver, Firemoss, Bullet Casings,    
10 Archer Parshendi, Obsidian Axe, Silver Knife, Dreok's Axe, Stone, Claw Marks, God Beyond Shrine, Black Sphere, Tarachin Ball,    
11 Ashbringer Hemalurgic Spike, Koloss Blade, Enhanced Strength, Chasmfiend, Shardplate, Chouta, Portrait, Fashion Magazine, Bloodseal,    
12 Telrao Venomous Bite, Lifeless Soldier, Hemalurgic Chimera, Deathants, Air-powered Crossbow, Tools, Aon Kii, Discarded Weapon, Forgery Seal,    
13 StrikerEZ Betrayal, Garotte, Poisoned Dart, Blood Loss, Lost Divine Breath, MaiPon Sticks, Mistcloak, Colorful Scarf, Empty Pouch,    
14 |TJ| Surgebinding, Awakened Rope, Glass Dagger, Torture, Nightmaw, Red Flag, Aluminum Ingots, Death Rattle, Map,    
15 Tani Booby Trap, Suffocation, Kandra Digestive Acids, Scarf, Duel, Scorch marks, Invitation, Child's Toy, Grey Patch,    
16 Sart Whitespine, The Shaod, Fenweed Poison, Aon Daa (Power), Lashing, Religious Text, Hairpin, Safehand Glove, Shu-Korath Pendant,    
17 xinoehp512 Birchbane, Strangle, Aon Tia (Transportation), Atium, Essence Marks, RaiDel Pepper, Dust, Riddle, Vandalized Statue,    

I should probably mention that each of us are missing our 5th Piece of Evidence on this list (although they're all on the spreadsheet).

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

You're looking at the blue column, right? :ph34r:

No XD

ED1T: They're all missing the middle blue Column piece of evidence

ED2T: As I feel Mat would be salvating to add the Moon scepter to his collection as well :P

ED3T: What are you doing with a hemalurgic earing anyways?

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

58 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I should probably mention that each of us are missing our 5th Piece of Evidence on this list (although they're all on the spreadsheet).

Thanks and fixed. This is what I get for copy-pasting from a spreadsheet that I copy-pasted from QF 33.

Edited by Araris Valerian

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

[OOC: No wonder I kept wondering why the second column looked off, but was too tired to process >>]

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m probably gonna not make a chart this time tbh

[OOC: I didn't find them that helpful. I preferred working on spreadsheets. I stand by what I said last game, it really wasn't a good way of sharing data. So yeah, not do it? :P ]

Edit:

Some of the other investigators were praising the Ja. Aurel wasn't so sure about that. If the Ja was all-knowing, why couldn't he have prevented his death?

His hand went to the strange, lozenge-shaped medallion he kept in his vest pocket.

Warmmha grant that we find the Ja's killer, he thought. He hoped the Aracle was up to the task.

Edited to add 2:

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

ED3T: What are you doing with a hemalurgic earing anyways?

[OOC: Tbh I'd be more afraid to ask why sunglasses :eyes: ]

Edited by Kasimir

Ill be honest some of these evidences are very funny like one of mine is Hog am I just carrying around a whole pig with me is that what this is am I the pig guy now but it is kind of neat I got both the Hammer and the Tar Lined Bag like thats actually a narratively satisfyinig match right there

As a Ghostblood operative on Threnody, Ajeni had gotten used to causing bloodless harm. Poison, distance, tar and hammers, and Soulcasting kept the shades at bay. There wasn't much going on in the area, so they'd recently taken up painting. It wasn't very good. 

Clearly I’m normal. Everyone carries some chull dung with them, right? Just in case. 

So there’s four evil people now instead of three? Shouldn't make a huge difference as we only need to find the assassin

Aurel Kourakis ate his cup noodles. It was very soupy. That was the best that could be said of it. That, and the fact it was warm, which was comforting in a room full of kayana people who were insisting that they were all evil because they carried red flags or chull dung or prayed via Hemalurgic earrings.

Personally, Aurel liked to think that Warmmha spoke to him via the lozenge medallion. So perhaps he shouldn't cast stones.

The more he thought about it though, the more he wondered if the Aracle...if people weren't too quick to take the back-up, the Aracle as being genuine. He hadn't seen any sign of the Aracle's powers, and no one mentioned the Aracle at the Silverlight Police Academy. It was always 'the Ja' this and 'the Ja' that. 

But the classic case studies always said an officer had to pay attention to who stood to gain. Who benefited from the Ja's death?

It was like being the back-up singer for a rock band, Aurel thought. They'd had one when he was a kid. Called Knife of Day or something just as edgy. Thing was, the back-up singer never liked being back-up. Everyone wanted the spotlight, one way or another.

So how about this: maybe the Aracle had the Ja killed. Maybe they should look into him.

[OOC: @Araris Valerian, is the Aracle a valid suspect? This isn't an Accusation yet but I'm starting to suspect the Aracle killed the Ja with the Homicidal Bus Driver Method. Speculating between the Wooden Splinter and the Torn Ledger Page as the Key Evidence here. I'm guessing the Torn Ledger Page would've rustled in the wind from the bus - probably from a rental ledger or something of that sort. But I could also see the Wooden Splinter as having been jarred from a thwacking staff during some extreme bus driving.]

Allswell spotted Aurel sipping at soup noodles, and immediately felt hungry. He sniffed out the vending machine and bought a cup, and was happily sipping at it when he found a seat near the back of the room. The tools in his pocket clinked, and he frowned. He pulled out a roughly spoon-shaped one, grinned, and began using it to eat the noodles.

7 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Clearly I’m normal. Everyone carries some chull dung with them, right? Just in case. 

So there’s four evil people now instead of three? Shouldn't make a huge difference as we only need to find the assassin

We had four last time, btw

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

We had four last time, btw

This was definitely an interaction between two ordinary officers, neither of whom could have remotely done something as morally repugnant as murdering the Ja*, which Aurel still theorised had been done by this Aracle himself.

*For legal reasons, it is worth remembering that Aurel is new out of the Silverlight Police Academy.

16 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Alpha J. Dilafa wore white on the day he was to mourn a death. And… he didn’t feel very mournful. The Ja had been a thorn in his side for ages. But that was over now.

Finally, Alpha could make good on his plans.

*is suspicious* *looks again* *is very suspicious*

Somehow I have breath. Can kandra have those? Is that even legal?

Amoeba had a problem. She was trying to make a full humanoid skeleton out of bones all collected from different species, and she still hadn't found any finger substitutes. Life was hard sometimes.

Also, the Ja was dead, and she was apparently supposed to help solve his murder.

Amoeba didn't know anything about the Ja other than that people worshipped him. How could she possibly be helpful?

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

This was definitely an interaction between two ordinary officers, neither of whom could have remotely done something as morally repugnant as murdering the Ja*, which Aurel still theorised had been done by this Aracle himself.

*For legal reasons, it is worth remembering that Aurel is new out of the Silverlight Police Academy.

I can’t tell if you’re being sarkastic with this statement xD Do you find the interaction suspicious? 
 I’ve just thought of an INSANE elim strategy for this game but that’ll have to wait till an indefinite period of time. Watch out tho. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarkastic with this statement xD Do you find the interaction suspicious? 

[OOC: I'm being sarkastic but not about the thing you probably think I'm being sarkastic about :P Reserve further comment for Reasons.]

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I’ve just thought of an INSANE elim strategy for this game but that’ll have to wait till an indefinite period of time. Watch out tho. :ph34r:

I wonder if it was the same one I thought of :ph34r: