@Argenti @Channelknight Fadran @Telrao @Shadowed That’s everyone right? Now is the time to introduce your characters. Please start out in the Cognitive Realm, or with a scene of how your character got there. Sorry for the long wait, but I hope everyone enjoys it! From now on, non-canon texts will be in quote boxes.

4 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

@Argenti @Channelknight Fadran @Telrao @Shadowed That’s everyone right? Now is the time to introduce your characters. Please start out in the Cognitive Realm, or with a scene of how your character got there. Sorry for the long wait, but I hope everyone enjoys it! From now on, non-canon texts will be in quote boxes.

is your character the leader? Perhaps they should start

2 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Sorry guys but I actually may not be able to start until Monday. I will try, and I apologize for the delay 

Its all good! Take your time

8 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

Sorry guys but I actually may not be able to start until Monday. I will try, and I apologize for the delay 

That's fine! Super excited - this is going to be fun!

This is gonna be FUN.

Name: Zel

Abilities: Dustbringer, third ideal (I don't know what any of the oaths are so should I be first or is third okay?)

Appearance: Short dark red hair, tan skin, is short (4'7"-ish,) young (11-ish,) and skinny. Almost always has some sort of bruise, scrape, or cut. He wears very plain clothes, and his pants have torn knees.

Personality: Sometimes quiet, often silly, has common sense and a bit of a danger sense (can sometimes tell when something's wrong), occasionally gets serious. Loyal to a fault.

Other Details: He loves wriggling through tight spaces and climbing. He fights "dirty" and doesn't really care much what people think of him. Except his spren. He cares what his spren thinks.

Backstory: He was a street kid in Elenar and bonded his spren there. He survived the civil war by running away or hiding whenever conscripters came close. 

ykw im jus gonna post this now instead of poking at it for another week

edit: oh, uh, sorry, dyou want me to leave i can leave if you want sorry

Edited by Tani

On 4/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, Tani said:

edit: oh, uh, sorry, dyou want me to leave i can leave if you want sorry

No! Don’t leave! I’m just late getting it started. I’ll do that now. Let me look up some wobs so I don’t get too many things wrong.

Jeselin woke up, and knew what he had to do. It came in a few steps. One, he’d need to recruit some people. Then they’d go to Elantris, the Shining City. His intentions for his group were to travel the Cosmere and… help people? So, they needed to go to Sel, specifically Arelon, specifically Elantris. Jeselin sighed. Hopefully the advertisements on the wall outside his office would attract adventurous individuals, who want to help. Ever since being dropped in this place, he hadn’t had the chance to make a difference, and had been unable to progress in his oaths. He knew you didn’t have to do it by fighting, but it ate him up from inside that he’d left his friends to die on that day, Even if he couldn’t help it. Maybe this could help him, as well as helping others.

Sorry this came so late, but now you can begin RPing. Put a little bit about how you got into the cognitive realm, and try to make your way over to join my team. Fadran, as you are an Elantrian,  either you can do that too, or  you can tell us about a conflict on Sel, and help us out and join the team a little later into the story. Your choice, do what sounds most fun for you!

@Argenti @Channelknight Fadran @Telrao @Shadowed @Tani 

Sorry if me summoning you is annoying 

Edited by TheAlpha929

Chanariam Khediv thought she knew what fear was. She knew it was a response in the brain triggered by external or internal stimuli, and that most people experienced it when faced with triggers such as dangerous animals or the prospect of their own mortality. She could describe it; she could quote verbatim from a number of texts written by acclaimed scholars the varying ‘definitions’ they provided on the true meaning of fear. 

None of them came close to what she was experiencing now.

A myriad spheres rushed up to meet her. They seemed to be made of some sort of black glass - obsidian, perhaps? Anyhow, they were pressing down on her like a writhing mass of bestial fury, dragging her down, down, down until her head vanished under the surface of the… ocean? It seemed unimportant what she termed it at the present, considering it was moments away from drowning her. She tried to breathe in but the strange spheres rushed up into her nose and mouth, choking her, swallowing her, consuming her until they were her and she was them. A cold ball of something welled up in her chest - she supposed this was what fear was. The knowledge that you were going to die, and could do absolutely nothing about it.

Just as she had come to that conclusion, Riam felt strong arms round her shoulders, pulling her up and out of the terrible, terrible depths.

Eveni?!”

“I am here, Miss Chanariam.” The deep, sonorous tones of her mistspren almost made her collapse in relief.

“What - what is this place?”

Eveni’s eyes grew large and concerned. Riam never stuttered unless something was very wrong.

“This is my home, Miss Chanariam. Shadesmar, or the Cognitive Realm. Land of spren and souls.”

“Shadesmar? The land from children’s tales?”

“The very same.” Eveni nodded. “Often, even the wildest stories are based in fact.”

Riam shook her head, attempting to arrange the facts in her mind. “So, if I am correct, we are in a strange, unknown parallel universe inhabited by living ideas and the non-physical aspects of everything to ever exist?” At Eveni’s solemn nod, she gave a rare smile. “Then we had better document it thoroughly, to present to the other Truthwatchers.”

“I agree, Miss Chanariam, but perhaps it would be wiser to seek other humans who may be able to serve as guides?”

That seemed to Riam to be a more prudent course of action. “Do we have any clues as to the location of other humans?”

“Well, no, but they’re so few and far between here that I am sure we will locate at least one band of humans if we ask around a little.”

Riam held her head a little higher, pleased to have a purpose. “Then let us do that.”

After asking at the nearest town, the pair drew closer to a figure on the horizon with distinctly human proportions. Perhaps they could help me? 

Riam jogged clumsily towards the figure, Eveni striding gracefully at her side. “Excuse me, sir!” she called out in her best Alethi.

@TheAlpha929

Sorry it’s so long - is this ok for a character introduction?

Intro lengths vary a lot Shadowded, it just depends on what you think is fun. I think the longer ones are cool, but it doen't matter much. Also I'm bad at writing them.

Jeselin turned, spotting two people running right at him. "Excuse me, sir!" he heard one of them cry. Was that a human? "Arlina," Jese called. "Come out here." Arlina stepped out of the small building they'd commisioned, walking to him quickly. "Ah, they're going to draw some kind of spren, though I know not which variety," she said as they walked up to greet the woman and mistspren. "Hello. I'm Jeselin, and this is Arlina. I'm her human, as she likes to say. How may I help you?"

@Shadowed 

@Channelknight Fadran 

Hamin strode up to the building with sweeping, graceful strides. Her curly brown hair was pulled back in a no-nonsense bun, and her long blue dress matched her serious eyes. She quickly spotted Jeselin and Arlina, then walked over to them.

"You must be Jeselin." She stuck out her hand. "My name is Lady Ruther, of Scadrial. I had heard of your adventure, and wish to accompany you on your quest."

@TheAlpha929

Edited by Telrao
:P

4 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

“Ah, yes. Please sign here,” Jese said, brandishing a parchment and quill at her.

Hamin took the parchment and quill, carefully reading through the fineprint. She frowned.

"What's this part here about holding no responsibility for accidental death?" She glanced at Madirii with a questioning look. "Did you sign this?"

@Channelknight Fadran

"Hmph." Hamin muttered. She eventually sighed and signed the page with a flamboyant flick of the quill. "There." She gave the parchment back to Jeselin, then studied the bench Madirii was sitting on. "Interesting..." she pulled out a book and a piece of charcoal and began to sketch the bench, murmuring to herself.

“While we are waiting for more who wish to accompany us, would it be possible for me to ask of you some questions around this…” she glanced at Eveni, “Shadesmar. You see, we arrived here unintentionally, but as a Truthwatcher it is my solemn duty to record all unfamiliar experiences in order to properly document the truth.” The words had the ring of having been repeated many times. “I suppose I had better get to know you all, before I interrogate you. What are your names, and which land are you from?” She thought the man in charge had a Veden look about him, and the lady sketching had to be Alethi.

Hamin glanced up from her sketching. "Hm? Oh, yes." She carefully closed her sketchbook and tucked it and the charcoal away, dusting her fingers on a faded cloth.

"I am Lady Ruther, of Scadrial." She said, nodding formally. "And you are?"

Never done this before so here we go!

Axelle was at a party (a rather bland party, but one nonetheless), celebrating the birthday of lord something or other. The night of the party, the Mists were particularly dense and acting strange; they seemed to devour the light from the lanterns. Suddenly, the Mist seems to heave against the building making the walls sag inward. Then, with a pop, the building collapsed inward, "Oh, Harmony," Axelle said. Then, with a thunk, all goes black.

She awoke falling, plummeting through a misty liquid when a hand shot out to grab her. She briefly sees a rather confused-looking terrisman standing on the Mist, he shakes his hand, and Axelle is tossed across that misty world. You see a woman flying towards you, screaming in terror.

Hamin glanced towards the sound of screaming, then yelped and jumped out of the way, grabbing the woman's leg just before she flew past. She tumbled to the ground, grunting, then stood and held out a hand to help Axelle up... wait, Axelle?

"Rusts! Axelle, how did you get here?"

23 hours ago, Telrao said:

Hamin glanced up from her sketching. "Hm? Oh, yes." She carefully closed her sketchbook and tucked it and the charcoal away, dusting her fingers on a faded cloth.

"I am Lady Ruther, of Scadrial." She said, nodding formally. "And you are?"

Riam began scribbling in her notebook, oblivious to the events taking place approximately three metres from her face.

”Scadrial? I don’t believe I have ever heard of that land.”

She ignored Lady Ruther’s enquiry as to her own identity - she most likely wouldn’t notice.