Of course not. Not if Revolution made it clear that she cared about the commune. She agreed to Nathan's costume suggestion and gave him a breakfast burrito when she saw he didn't like the bacon donuts. Just take that small consideration, multiply it by a million or so, and you have a good reason for Funtimes to help Revolution save her commune. It's no fun having friends if your friends aren't happy with you. ;)

That's what I expected, but she's unpredictable enough I thought it prudent to seek out an expert's opinion. :P

The reason I ask is because it's perfectly in character for Lightwards to figure out everything he can about Funtimes' servants and attempt to hold their loved ones as leverage. He won't admit it, but he is terrified of her. He's just a few deaths away from filling his office with pictures of her with the words "WHAT IS HER WEAKNESS" scrawled across the biggest poster he can find. He desperately wants to control something--anything--that's close to her and can provide information about her.

How will he get a hold on them? Well, I've already mentioned that Chicago Joe knows Sam already. He knows everyone in the neighborhood--and where their family lives.  :ph34r:

That's what I expected, but she's unpredictable enough I thought it prudent to seek out an expert's opinion. :P

The reason I ask is because it's perfectly in character for Lightwards to figure out everything he can about Funtimes' servants and attempt to hold their loved ones as leverage. He won't admit it, but he is terrified of her. He's just a few deaths away from filling his office with pictures of her with the words "WHAT IS HER WEAKNESS" scrawled across the biggest poster he can find. He desperately wants to control something--anything--that's close to her and can provide information about her.

How will he get a hold on them? Well, I've already mentioned that Chicago Joe knows Sam already. He knows everyone in the neighborhood--and where their family lives. :ph34r:

Would he flee the city in terror when she turned the pictures into creepily saccharine cat statuettes that meow "SHE'LL NEVER TELL" every hour on the hour?

Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from, Chicago Joe...:P

If Lightwards were to venture east, he might gain some information on a certain gun aficionado--information that will make him wish this man had a weakness to exploit...:ph34r:

Would he flee the city in terror when she turned the pictures into creepily saccharine cat statuettes that meow "SHE'LL NEVER TELL" every hour on the hour?

Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from, Chicago Joe... :P

If Lightwards were to venture east, he might gain some information on a certain gun aficionado--information that will make him wish this man had a weakness to exploit... :ph34r:

Who wouldn't? :o

Based on the lyrics of that song, I predict that Chicago Joe will wreak havoc on all our neatly arranged ships. :P

Well then. It's time I introduce the Epic Backtrack, whose power is tracing the steps of an individual and instantly tracking their locations through life.  :ph34r:

Who wouldn't? :o

Based on the lyrics of that song, I predict that Chicago Joe will wreak havoc on all our neatly arranged ships. :P

Well then. It's time I introduce the Epic Backtrack, whose power is tracing the steps of an individual and instantly tracking their locations through life. :ph34r:

Well, if he's died so many times his mental faculties are severely decayed, then he might just sit in his office meowing back at them. :P

No character ships better than a drunk, slovenly Weeping Angel. ;)

Can he get details through his power, or must he ask people? If he needs to ask, he'll be there a while, but if he can know the details by standing where he stood, it'll be a much shorter trip.

Well, if he's died so many times his mental faculties are severely decayed, then he might just sit in his office meowing back at them. :P

No character ships better than a drunk, slovenly Weeping Angel. ;)

Can he get details through his power, or must he ask people? If he needs to ask, he'll be there a while, but if he can know the details by standing where he stood, it'll be a much shorter trip.

"SHE'LL NEVER TELL!"

"TELL YOUR MISTRESS THAT THERE'S NO ESCAPING THE EMPIRE'S REACH!"

* tosses porcelain kitten out the window *

I... actually, I just made up Backtrack on the spot. :P I might flesh out his abilities a little more, if I can get away with adding another new Epic to the Empire's ranks. :P

Maybe he can get a sense of how where a person has been by looking at them, and if he physically backtracks their steps he can get visions of their past?

"SHE'LL NEVER TELL!"

"TELL YOUR MISTRESS THAT THERE'S NO ESCAPING THE EMPIRE'S REACH!"

* tosses porcelain kitten out the window *

I... actually, I just made up Backtrack on the spot. :P I might flesh out his abilities a little more, if I can get away with adding another new Epic to the Empire's ranks. :P

Maybe he can get a sense of how where a person has been by looking at them, and if he physically backtracks their steps he can get visions of their past?

Could he make the bit of Remington's flashback told from Koschei's perspective make more sense? It's the only way to convey what needs to be conveyed, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense if it were Remington telling the story. :ph34r: Maybe while Remington is suffering under Quota, Backtrack could be seeing what Koschei saw? Like I said, it's the only way to get that information across, but still.

Could he make the bit of Remington's flashback told from Koschei's perspective make more sense? It's the only way to convey what needs to be conveyed, but it wouldn't make a ton of sense if it were Remington telling the story. :ph34r: Maybe while Remington is suffering under Quota, Backtrack could be seeing what Koschei saw? Like I said, it's the only way to get that information across, but still.

It would take a bit of coordination to make sure Backtrack visits Remington's old house at the same time Quota attacks... but yeah, I think it could work.

Maybe that's how Backtrack works. When he stands in a location, he can see what people have walked across it before, and he can get a glimpse of what was going through their heads at the time. That would give a good opportunity to peer into Koschei's mind, thus imparting vital story information in a logical manner.  ^_^

Speaking of the Halloween RP.....(hidden to preserve Voidus' sanity)....

Slaughterhouse inflicts damage on people. Koschei is a healer. Whoever they target could be realistically subjected to hours, if not days, of torment as Slaughterhouse "perfects his artwork." And you know the worst part?

I think they're going to get along swimmingly.

They might even become friends.

WHY DID I OPEN IT!?!?!

It would take a bit of coordination to make sure Backtrack visits Remington's old house at the same time Quota attacks... but yeah, I think it could work.

Maybe that's how Backtrack works. When he stands in a location, he can see what people have walked across it before, and he can get a glimpse of what was going through their heads at the time. That would give a good opportunity to peer into Koschei's mind, thus imparting vital story information in a logical manner. ^_^

Yay! I'm not crazy! :P

I only have a few scenes from Koschei's perspective, so we wouldn't need to see a ton of Backtrack. You want me to write up Koschei's scenes and you can write Backtrack's reactions to them?

Also, sorry Voidus. I did warn you.

The thing is, Sightline knows Corpsemaker's weakness. Only he doesn't know he knows it. :P

What? Sightline has no Idea what CM's Weakness is. That's why he stuck him in a wall. Nobody currently Living knows his weakness.

You'll have to wait and see. Joe is the one who gets to choose when to reveal it. :P

Murphy is quite annoying. A sniper? The gun will jam or the bullets will ricochet. A knife? Something awful will happen to you on the way there. Joe, does Murphy have to be somewhat aware of the threat? Like, would poison work?

See Below.

As I understand it, his assassination would have to be an accident. Like, Scorch is reassigned to kitchen duty, isn't paying attention because he's so mad, and accidentally pours three cups of antifreeze into Murphy's soup.

You are correct. If no Harm is meant, his Power won't activate, unless he chosses to.

No. No, he isn't. I suspect that not even Joe can kill him off now, as any literary attempt to kill his character would result in unreadable typos or his computer crashing in the middle of writing.  <_<  :P

That has happened, a lot.

Yay! I'm not crazy! :P

I only have a few scenes from Koschei's perspective, so we wouldn't need to see a ton of Backtrack. You want me to write up Koschei's scenes and you can write Backtrack's reactions to them?

Also, sorry Voidus. I did warn you.

That sounds like a good way of doing it. We could use one of Voidus' Google Docs, maybe.

And Voidus, she did warn you. :P

Did you approve the momentum twins Twi?
I changed Empathy in the Doc btw Mailliw, so that s/he can bond any two people not jus him/herself, and for SS I was planning on him trying to get an awesome new Chimeran to play with, I figured owing to their powers that he and Chi would be aware of each other at least.

Hi guys, I'm going to be away for a few days, so I won't be posting but Voidus will be on my behalf, with my full consent. I'll miss you guys! Thanks for being so welcoming, I have had so much fun so far :D

We'll miss you! Thanks for writing such an awesome character. :D

Hi guys, I'm going to be away for a few days, so I won't be posting but Voidus will be on my behalf, with my full consent. I'll miss you guys! Thanks for being so welcoming, I have had so much fun so far :D

We will miss you! Saccharine is absolutely delightful and you write her extremely well. :)

What? Sightline has no Idea what CM's Weakness is. That's why he stuck him in a wall. Nobody currently Living knows his weakness.

No, he doesn't know, but would set it off. That's what I meant by doesn't know that he knows.  

Did you approve the momentum twins Twi?

I changed Empathy in the Doc btw Mailliw, so that s/he can bond any two people not jus him/herself, and for SS I was planning on him trying to get an awesome new Chimeran to play with, I figured owing to their powers that he and Chi would be aware of each other at least.

Oh okay, thanks. That's what I was planning anyways.

Oh that'd be fun. He'd definitely know Chi, since he has taken over the zoo and sells Chimerans, so he is pretty well-known. Would he know SS though? I thought the was quiet and kept to himself more.

At the moment we're thinking of my two momentum Epics as twins: Impact and mv (Names pending)

Impact: Provides momentum to objects s/he touches.

MV: Can transfer all of the momentum of one object to another.

It was near the bottom of a page :P

Edit: Yeah SoulSwitch does tend to keep to himself but he'd probably make an exception for Chi

Edited by Voidus