Which Order are you?

Argenti

Which Order are you? (Take the quiz if you haven't already)  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which Order are you? (Take the quiz if you haven't already)

• Order of Windrunners
    • Order of Skybreakers
    • Order of Dustbringers ( Or Releasers )
    • Order of Edgedancers
    • Order of Truthwatchers
    • Order of Lightweavers
    • Order of Elsecallers
    • Order of Willshapers
    • Order of Stonewards
    • Order of Bondsmiths

According to the test I align most with the Truthwatchers, which I do not disagree with. But if I had my choice, I would choose to become a Skybreaker (thus my profile picture.) I don't have anything against the Truthwatchers, in fact, I quite like them. But even without knowing the Truthwatcher oaths, I'm probably already following them in my life. Being a Skybreaker would actually help me grow as a person as overcome some of my weaknesses. Being a Truthwatcher would, I suspect, just be me being me, and I would like to become more than I am. Not sure what it says about me that I'd rather bond a spren who is going to challenge me and help me grow as a person rather than one I'd get along with fairly well, but that's my opinion on the matter.

Short answer: most likely Truthwatcher, but hoping for Skybreaker, so I answered Truthwatcher on the poll.

I think I keep getting pushed into Willshaper by the quiz cus I go 100% into fencing; it's always a very close thing between Light-weavers and Willshapers (1% difference without the Fencing), but I'm clearly one of the Scholar orders. I'm also apparently the least Bondsmith ever.

10 hours ago, Argenti said:

I'm just curious about what orders the 17th Shard is made up of, I'm a Willshaper What are you? 

Here's the quiz 

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/official-knights-radiant-order-quiz/

I'm taking this test every year, Truthwatcher is always on top, followed by Skybreaker. My last result is here:

Spoiler

643698d313a27_Zrzutekranu2023-02-12182056.thumb.png.a4808aac839b4db5725e61129c21f3bb.png

I don't think I would be a good Windrunner tbf. Lightweaver would for sure fit me, I was surprised it wasn't in 3rd place. But both Truthwatcher and Skybreaker fit me well. 

We know a fair bit about willshapers, we know the second ideal, so we can guess the rest of their theme, More or less freedom related.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyKaizen said:

I was split half/half between Windrunners and Willshapers. And there is really not a lot known about Willshapers, so I can't even make an informed choice. As such, I didn't add to the above total.

15 minutes ago, Argenti said:

We know a fair bit about willshapers, we know the second ideal, so we can guess the rest of their theme, More or less freedom related.

Freedom (from bondage, oppression, bigotry) being the central theme. I hadn't gone back and considered that before this. I am just now going back through RoW for the 2nd time, and I am reacquainting myself with the content there. 

I think to be fully accurate, in my heart I would be either both a Windrunner and a Willshaper, or neither. I can't really see myself trying to choose between the two..because that feel the same to me. And unlike a Shard, I can't peel pieces off from my soul. But, that answer also feels a bit whiney when talking about a fantasy world. Still, it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyKaizen said:

I think to be fully accurate, in my heart I would be either both a Windrunner and a Willshaper, or neither.

I know the quiz is linked above, but you can also just go to the Summaries here and read the synopses that Sanderson released for that kickstarter.

E. g. Willshaper:

Spoiler

Willshaper

I Will Seek Freedom

The Willshapers believe strongly that all people should be free to make their own choices. Their oaths are themed toward freedom and letting people be free to express themselves and make their own way in life.

The Willshapers have a reputation for attracting builders, craftspeople, and creators to the Radiants. However, while this aspect of them is accurate, the actual membership of the Order is far more varied. Their powers lend themselves to creation, true, but their oaths are focused on freedom and personal fulfillment. Many among the Willshapers are warriors focused on freeing those who are captive, and others are focused on radical self-expression. The Willshapers contain many gregarious and even flamboyant characters who make their own way, taking the path they choose. They are united through a love of building, but some consider the building of society to be more important than the building of structures. Among the Willshapers, you’ll find both those who dress very conservatively and those who wear very daring and original styles. The common ground is that both agree that freedom to express who you are is the important part. Among the Radiants, they are generally focused on building, training, and making infrastructure. In war, they might be sent to a town to fortify it against an oncoming invasion. Before or in the wake of Desolations, they would teach the people things like sanitation, bronzeworking, or other essentials. Anywhere you find someone resisting tyranny or oppression, you’ll often find a Willshaper cheering them on.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

4 hours ago, Treamayne said:

I know the quiz is linked above, but you can also just go to the Summaries here and read the synopses that Sanderson released for that kickstarter.

E. g. Willshaper:

Reveal hidden contents

Willshaper

I Will Seek Freedom

The Willshapers believe strongly that all people should be free to make their own choices. Their oaths are themed toward freedom and letting people be free to express themselves and make their own way in life.

The Willshapers have a reputation for attracting builders, craftspeople, and creators to the Radiants. However, while this aspect of them is accurate, the actual membership of the Order is far more varied. Their powers lend themselves to creation, true, but their oaths are focused on freedom and personal fulfillment. Many among the Willshapers are warriors focused on freeing those who are captive, and others are focused on radical self-expression. The Willshapers contain many gregarious and even flamboyant characters who make their own way, taking the path they choose. They are united through a love of building, but some consider the building of society to be more important than the building of structures. Among the Willshapers, you’ll find both those who dress very conservatively and those who wear very daring and original styles. The common ground is that both agree that freedom to express who you are is the important part. Among the Radiants, they are generally focused on building, training, and making infrastructure. In war, they might be sent to a town to fortify it against an oncoming invasion. Before or in the wake of Desolations, they would teach the people things like sanitation, bronzeworking, or other essentials. Anywhere you find someone resisting tyranny or oppression, you’ll often find a Willshaper cheering them on.

This is both helpful, and at the same time not <_< Thank you for that link though, I hadn't read a full description of the Willshapers before. Only what I'd initially seen in the Coppermind.

1 hour ago, Kendelian said:

I myself am an Edgedancer. I think it is quite notable that the Truthwatchers are the most common on the poll. Although, the poll doesn’t have a lot of responses (12 as of writing this) but I’d like to see the progression of this.

Sharders are definitely biased towards the Elsecaller and Truthwatcher orders. Its not necessarily that Sanderson's books are only read by certain kinds of people so much as only certain kinds of people have the personality type that leads them to joining an online forum to discuss magic, continuity, and theories.

16 hours ago, HSuperLee said:

Sharders are definitely biased towards the Elsecaller and Truthwatcher orders. Its not necessarily that Sanderson's books are only read by certain kinds of people so much as only certain kinds of people have the personality type that leads them to joining an online forum to discuss magic, continuity, and theories.

Yeah. The more scholarly orders attract nerds. And nerds tend get on Internet forums to geek out about books. 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:15 AM, JohnnyKaizen said:

Freedom (from bondage, oppression, bigotry) being the central theme. I hadn't gone back and considered that before this. I am just now going back through RoW for the 2nd time, and I am reacquainting myself with the content there. 

I think to be fully accurate, in my heart I would be either both a Windrunner and a Willshaper, or neither. I can't really see myself trying to choose between the two..because that feel the same to me. And unlike a Shard, I can't peel pieces off from my soul. But, that answer also feels a bit whiney when talking about a fantasy world. Still, it is what it is.

They are far from the same protection dose not equal freedom. Honnor buy its nature restricts freedom the orders are opposite. 

• 1 month later...

I did the test a while back and got elsecaller. I just took it again and to my surprise I got elsecaller again. Personally I always thought of myself more aligned with the skybreakers but not according to quiz where it was ranked 3rd 16 percent lower. Curious.

Edited by Rhythm of Discord
Error