Sharders’ Legacy

Koloss17

With the 17th Shard being a relatively small site that has been around for quite a while, there have been people that have been quite active for quite some time. And with that comes then forming a bit of a reputation for themselves. So with this post, I plan to commend folks for their accolades!

Keep in mind, while this site is relatively small, there’s no way one person can keep track of everything that happens here, so please, please, please add and ping your own Sharders that have legacies of their own.

With that said, here’s the legacies I would like to share:

@Channelknight Fadran: the chill dad of the shard. Always calming to be around, and is a beacon of positivity. If he stabbed my best friend (which he would never do), I couldn’t stay mad at him for more than a few hours.

@DramaQueen: If Fadrian’s the chill dad, Dramaqueen is the eccentric cousin. Very high energy, you will be hard pressed to find her on topic. Fun to have tea and chat with though!

@AonEne: One of us (civilian folk) that became one of them (supreme overlords of the shard). Just really chill, and will think four times before banning you out of existence.

@Chaos: the one and only! A wise ruler of the shard, and just a chill person overall.

@Voidus: I mean-he’s the God Beyond. That’s pretty much all I have to say. He’s surprisingly active in the community, and is also somehow feared more than Chaos. 

@Frustration: When Frustration comments on your post, he’s either going to be giving evidence for your theory that might as well make it canon, or he’s going to cite something that stomps your theory to the ground. He knows what he’s talking about, and I have never seen a Sharder more thorough and researched in their theories.

@Matrim's Dice: I rarely see them around, but when I do, they always contribute something important to the post. Always offering a new perspective to a scene, or giving a new bit of evidence for a theory. A silent support ninja of the Shard.

Oh! How could I forget @Argent! The almighty loregiver. The messenger of the heralds, giving us WoBs that can single-handedly shape how we see the Cosmere. Brandon may hate his secret wiggling abilities, but we love him for it!

I’m certain that I will be adding on to this list, and again, please add your own! I’m not particularly interconnected within the Shard, and only observe what others do, and by no means see everything. Also feel free to refute or add on to any of the legacies that I’ve listed!

Edited by Koloss17
Accidentally pinged Aon Ene instead of AonEne! Also added Argent

13 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

@Frustration: When Frustration comments on your post, he’s either going to be giving evidence for your theory that might as well make it canon, or he’s going to cite something that stomps your theory to the ground. He knows what he’s talking about, and I have never seen a Sharder more thorough and researched in their theories.

Thanks man, that means a lot.

13 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Edited 4 minutes ago by Koloss17
Accidentally pinged Aon Ene instead of AonEne!

I can't tell you how many times I've done that.

I'm intrested to see where this goes, I have a few names I'll try and put forward when I get some time. Thanks again for doing this!^_^

5 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Thanks man, that means a lot.

I can't tell you how many times I've done that.

I'm intrested to see where this goes, I have a few names I'll try and put forward when I get some time. Thanks again for doing this!^_^

No problem! There’s a lot of Sharders that have built up a name for themselves and deserve to be recognized for it!

26 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

@DramaQueen: If Fadrian’s the chill dad, Dramaqueen is the eccentric cousin. Very high energy, you will be hard pressed to find her on topic. Fun to have tea and chat with though!

......when am I off-topic?? Why is that my legacy?

I'm fine with the eccentric cousin bit, but I feel like I'm pretty consistently on-topic...

8 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

......when am I off-topic?? Why is that my legacy?

I'm fine with the eccentric cousin bit, but I feel like I'm pretty consistently on-topic...

…well, so long is that topic is about the intricacies of cup stacking, sure!

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

@Matrim's Dice: I rarely see them around, but when I do, they always contribute something important to the post. Always offering a new perspective to a scene, or giving a new bit of evidence for a theory. A silent support ninja of the Shard.

I think Mat hangs out in SE mostly

Edited by Tani
adding the quote

Yep! I'm around, but mostly in that subform. I didn't join the shard for SE though, and I'm more than happy to be a silent support ninja of the other places even though I've made SE my main residence :ph34r: I make other posts semi-randomly but it does happen.

Thanks for the mention! I'm a bit surprised to have been included in such a short list, honestly. ^_^

21 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Yep! I'm around, but mostly in that subform. I didn't join the shard for SE though, and I'm more than happy to be a silent support ninja of the other places even though I've made SE my main residence :ph34r: I make other posts semi-randomly but it does happen.

Thanks for the mention! I'm a bit surprised to have been included in such a short list, honestly. ^_^

Dude, you have nearly 7,000 posts on this site. You deserve to be on the list.

On 4/19/2023 at 10:07 AM, Koloss17 said:

Dude, you have nearly 7,000 posts on this site. You deserve to be on the list.

xD Fair enough! But still, like, the vast majority of that is SE.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

…well, so long is that topic is about the intricacies of cup stacking, sure!

To my recollection, i have never once in my life talked about the intricacies of cup stacking. I think you may be getting me mixed up with someone else.

6 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

To my recollection, i have never once in my life talked about the intricacies of cup stacking. I think you may be getting me mixed up with someone else.

This is certainly true, but that seems to be right up your alley for a five page thread that you could proctor.

@DramaQueen: Genuinely fun person, if you need assistnace with some hijinks, or shenanigans, she's the one to talk to.

@dannnnnex: Will go three months without posting, and then announce his return by adding another n to his name. And we all love him for it.

@alder24: A very composed and inteligent individual, who is always willing to lend a hand.

24 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

...I don't think so?

Okay, okay I concede. It would be far more realistic for you to host a collaborative storytelling thread about each of the members’ favorite dinosaur set in a Zootopia-esque metropolis.

(honestly that sounds like an idea that, if pulled off right, could be a fun little adventure)

1 hour ago, dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnex said:

good idea

So you're going to be more active for a time?

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I'm almost curious to see if I have a legacy to leave.

@Nathrangking: Delivers some of the highest praise on the shard, if you've impressed him you're doing something right, he knows what he's talking about, and what to say. Also he writes poems.

Edited by Frustration

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

So you're going to be more active for a time?

@Nathrangking: Delivers some of the highest praise on the shard, if you've impressed him you're doing something right, he knows what he's talking about, and what to say. Also he writes peoms.

Aww.... Frustration you are most kind

Okay, okay I concede. It would be far more realistic for you to host a collaborative storytelling thread about each of the members’ favorite dinosaur set in a Zootopia-esque metropolis.

I might sometimes ask random things in my SUs, but I never really create threads anymore lol. And when I post in threads, I think I still stay on topic.

20 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Aww.... Frustration you are most kind

Frustry is also exactly correct. Nath, you are one of the greatest people on here.

33 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I might sometimes ask random things in my SUs, but I never really create threads anymore lol. And when I post in threads, I think I still stay on topic.

Shall I amend your mark on the Shard to “@DramaQueen: the resident gargoyle that throws pastries at you when you excitedly talk about your favorite animal”?

Edited by Koloss17

11 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Shall I amend your mark on the Shard to “@DramaQueen: the resident gargoyle that throws pastries at you when you excitedly talk about your favorite animal”?

...throwing pastries?

I'm honestly confused as to which of my posts/comments have made an impact on your impression of me, cuz it seems like you're picking out the absolute randomest things I've ever said, and I feel like that stuff isn't a very clear picture of me as a person lol

3 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

...throwing pastries?

I'm honestly confused as to which of my posts/comments have made an impact on your impression of me, cuz it seems like you're picking out the absolute randomest things I've ever said, and I feel like that stuff isn't a very clear picture of me as a person lol

Oh, I am nearly certain that I have encountered you out of context constantly. But given that your interest list on your pfp is

Acting, singing, reading, writing, RPing, home decor, animals, Miraculous Ladybug, dinosaurs, flowers, hats, fairies, mermaids, seashells, art (sketching and painting, mostly), makeup, fashion, plants, stars, space, swimming, the ocean, rivers, lakes, pretty much any bodies of water, stickers (even though I never know where I should put my stickers...it's just such a commitment...), stuffed animals, blankets, yoga, and trees.”

…I’m not 100% sure anymore. 

but then again, I could be totally wrong! 

Does anyone have another, perhaps just a hair more accurate evaluation on the one and only?

41 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Oh, I am nearly certain that I have encountered you out of context constantly. But given that your interest list on your pfp is

Acting, singing, reading, writing, RPing, home decor, animals, Miraculous Ladybug, dinosaurs, flowers, hats, fairies, mermaids, seashells, art (sketching and painting, mostly), makeup, fashion, plants, stars, space, swimming, the ocean, rivers, lakes, pretty much any bodies of water, stickers (even though I never know where I should put my stickers...it's just such a commitment...), stuffed animals, blankets, yoga, and trees.”

…I’m not 100% sure anymore. 

but then again, I could be totally wrong! 

Does anyone have another, perhaps just a hair more accurate evaluation on the one and only?

Sorry, it's not a big deal, I just found it interesting that that's what you thought of me lol. It doesn't need to be changed or anything, I'm just overreacting.

Edited by DramaQueen