Happy Father's Day! Favorite Sanderson fictional Father? Least favorite?

In total agreement about Sazed, Dalinar and Lirin!

But let's not forget Grandfathers!!  How awesome a granddad is Grandpa Smedry, right?!  Not only is he an exciting guy to be around, but you know he'll be around for a long, long time given his Talent.  You just have to take the always late for birthdays/other holidays as part of his charm. ;)  Sadly, his son could have learned a thing or two about fatherhood...

But let's not forget Grandfathers!!  How awesome a granddad is Grandpa Smedry, right?!  Not only is he an exciting guy to be around, but you know he'll be around for a long, long time given his Talent.  You just have to take the always late for birthdays/other holidays as part of his charm. ;)  Sadly, his son could have learned a thing or two about fatherhood...

Oh yes, Grandpa Smedry! I just finished reading all the Alcatraz books to my husband, since he'd never read them before.  Reading them again for third  time reminded me just how awesome Grandpa Smedry is. For all his quirks, he really is very caring and always encouraging.

• Chaos locked this topic