Ash and the Shin

Just purchased the audio book of RoW and it’s fantastic btw. 
but anyhow I caught a line from ash that says the Shin tried to kill her before they started worshiping her (chap.17) I’m wondering if any of my fellows sharders have an idea of how that may affect or journey to shinovar in the next book, or if anyone can point me at wobs or quotes that can explain this further. 

4 hours ago, i’m in the details said:

but anyhow I caught a line from ash that says the Shin tried to kill her before they started worshiping her (chap.17) I’m wondering if any of my fellows sharders have an idea of how that may affect or journey to shinovar in the next book, or if anyone can point me at wobs or quotes that can explain this further. 

You mean this quote (RoW Ch 17)?

Spoiler

“Scouts sent to Shinovar vanish,” Dalinar said. “Windrunner flybys prompt storms of arrows. They don’t want anything to do with us.”

“For now,” Jasnah said, looking at Ash. “Right?”

“They are … unpredictable,” the Herald said. “I eventually left them behind. They tried to kill me, but that I could take. It was when they started to worship me…” Ash crossed her arms, pulling them tight. “They had legends … prophecies about the coming of this Return. I didn’t believe it would ever happen. Didn’t want to believe.”

As far as I can tell, there haven;t been any WoBs on that tidbit; it seems to be foreshadowing for book 5.

7 hours ago, i’m in the details said:

Did you read RoW fully?

In WoR Nale said to Szeth that he is one of their gods, that some Shins praise Heralds as their gods instead of spren of rocks, stars and sun. It looks like Heralds are considered as deities by at least some Shins (Stone Shamans maybe?) and those were the one that recognized Ash as a Herald as well.

At some point in time Nale went to Shinovar and reclaimed his Honorblade. Shins are keeping Honorblades in safe places. However it is unknown if they kept them to give them back to Heralds when they return - in OB ch 106, Szeth said that years ago Nale's blade went missing, not that Nale came and Shins gave it to him.

RoW ch 111 spoilers:

Spoiler

Ishar also went to Shinovar and reclaimed his blade. 

ch 111:

“Of course not, foolish man,” Ishar said, summoning his Blade. “The Shin serve the Heralds. They held my sword for me. They returned it when Irevealed myself.”

[...]

“My people,” Szeth shouted, “were not going to return your weapons to you. We kept your secrets, but you lie if you say my father gave you that Blade!”
“Your father was barely a man when I found him,” Ishar said. “The Shin had accepted the Unmade. Tried to make gods of them. I saved them. And your father did give me this Blade. He thanked me for letting him die.”

In the case of SA 5, we know that Kaladin and Szeth will go into Shinovar to fetch Ishar. Both of them aren't Heralds, but they are Radiants, who as far as we know Shins didn't believe were coming back. And Desolation is back. Those two events are major reasons why Szeth was named Truthless and was exiled. We might expect changes in Shins’ believes because of that.