New Surge Combos: Now Daily!

Argenti

Radiant Order - Stonebinders (Cohesion/Adhesion) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will mantain people united.

Stonebinders are an order of people who want to mantain connection, they are similar to Bondsmiths but instead of trying to unite other people they focus on mantaining people who's already united together, they migth not be the leaders of a team but they are the glue that manteins them together.

Surges: Cohesion and Adhesion

Cohesion can be used as usual to stoneshape, allowing the radiant to mold solid materials as if they were soft clay.

Adhesion can be used as usual to make Full Lashing, sticking two objects together with enourmus force.

Combining they surges they can infuse stone (or other solid material although is more dificult and less eficient) with stormligth and give it a simple comand, like "be a bridge to cross this chasm" , "follow me and protect me from arrows" or "hold that person still". Then, the stone will shift its form automatically like water as if it was affected by the Cohesion surge to fulfill the given command without need for the Stonebinder to do anything until it runs out of Stormligth. The process of infusing the stone isn't fast as is needed to convince the spren of the stone to perform the act and some may refuse to obey the command, like telling a stone statue to change its form.

Resonance:  Stonebinders had an easier time connecting to the land, allowing them to more rapidly learn and incorporate the traditions of new places, which granted them an ability to rapidly learn new languages and manners as if they were natives of a geografical place. (Due to Reshi Islands not being placed over continental mass but over the caparaces of gigant greatshells their resonance don't work there)

True Spren: Unitysprens - In the physical realm they look like floating stone fragments with a face made of gem, like a broken geode, that can take various forms, althogh they normaly look just like a rock. 

On the Cognitive Realm they look as humans made of stone with cracks that float mainting their human shapes.

Platespren: Bindsprens

Ideals:  The ideals are centered about maintaing people unite and understanding them. 

First: LBD/SBW/JBD

Second: I won't let the united be divided.

Third: I will try to understand what divide my people. 

Fourth: I accept that some conflicts cannot be fixed by me.

Fifth: (No idea, fifth ideals are allways complicated).

• 2 weeks later...

Radiant Order - Ligthbenders (Ilumination/Abrasion) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will stay true to myself.

Ligthbenders are an order of artistic or phylosophical people. People who want to express something new to the world.

During the Desolation they prefer to avoid direct confrontation, working more as distraction group on the battlefield, or giving people on the hinterland something else to think about and mantain the morale and hope.

Surges: Ilumination and Abrasion

Ilumination can be used to ligthweave, allowing them to create visual or sound ilusions.

Abrasion can be used to reduce friction, allowing the radiant to become frictionless.

Combining they surges they can freely modify their ligthweaving without the need to absorb the stormligth and breath it out again, allowing them to make ilusions more confusing and adaptable. They could for example change their look rapidly from one person to another.

Resonance:  Ligthbenders can manipulate their connection unconsciuously, becoming more difficult to remember if they want to pass undetected or are feeling shy, or giving them more pressence making them more easy to remember and more "detectable" if they want to be heard.This ability is compleatly uncontrolable by the surgebinder and works sligthly different from person to person.

True Spren: Mirrorspren - mirrorsprens represent the true selfs of people , the things that we hide to all others but ourself due to fear of being vunerable. In the physichal realm they look like various fragments of a broken mirror floating in different shapes.

On the cognitive realm they look like faceless humanoids made of reflective crystal until they look to another person, at that moment they change mimicking the facial and distintive  

Platespren: Passionspren

Ideals:  The ideals are centered around being true to themeselves and not changing to fullfill others wishes. 

Second: I won't let others change me to fulfill their standards.

Third: I won't change to fulfill others desires, no matter the pressure they impose to me. 

Fourth: I accept that some parts of me aren't good and I need to improve.

Fifth: I will stay truth to mysef each day as I become a better men/women/etc .

12 hours ago, icefenix7198 said:

Radiant Order - Lightbenders (Ilumination/Abrasion) 

Nice work! You're practically the only person keeping this thread alive at this point, so thanks. 

On 1/24/2024 at 3:18 PM, icefenix7198 said:

Radiant Order - Stonebinders (Cohesion/Adhesion) 

Good work here as well. I particularly like the use of Commands more clearly, which is fun. I like it when magics accidentally emulate other magics.

11 hours ago, Voidmaker said:

Nice work! You're practically the only person keeping this thread alive at this point, so thanks. 

Thanks, this forum was the final push that made me make an account on the 17th shard so I wanted to at least fill each spot of the chart 

Knight Radiant Order: Order of Soulshifters

Order Theme/Ideal Theme: I will experience. 

Soulshifters have allways been a curious order, allways wanting to explore and never commiting to anything , which went against most of Honor teaching , which gived them a bad reputation amonsgt the Knight Radiants.

It was not a surprise that after the reacreance with the return of the Radiant Knigths and Odium they allied with a less restrictive god joining Odium side on the battle for Roshar.

Surges: Abrasion - Transformation

Abrasion is used to reduce friction allowing the radiant to slick.

Transformation is used to soulcast, turning objects into another of the ten essences.

Surge Combo: Soulsliding - Soulshifters can partially and temporarily soulcast object or beings into other essences.This type of soulcasting is less expensive than normal but only last for a few seconds, maximun of 10, before the object returns to their original self. Also, when they soulcast in this way the target may become a inbetween state of the two essences. For example they could make stone temporarly inflamable like oil but maintaing its shape and hardness, or make metal become gasseous like smoke but equally dense. With enogh practice they can even soulcast themselves to become an essence temporary without dying, becoming incorporeal like air or hard as steel, but this is very dangerous as they become more easy to soulcast by other surgebinders in that state and if they are in a different shape not suitable for a human being they may materialice incorrectly and need to heal using stormligth.

True Spren: Chaosspren
Plate Spren: Fermentationspren

Resonance: Soulshifters have an easy time learning the basic things of any new skill, although this don't apply to mastering. For example they would swiftly learn the basics of how to play an instrument but would have the same dificulties as a normal person in becoming an expert musician.

Oaths: Soulshifters oaths revolve about self exploration wanting to explore all things they can do.
First Ideal: LBD/SBW/JBD

Second Ideal: I will try to experience all this world has to offer to understand it better.

Third Ideal: I will try even if I don't want. 

Fourth Ideal: I accept I won't be able to experience all as time is finite.

Fifth Ideal: 

Edited by icefenix7198
Name typos

On 5/12/2023 at 12:22 PM, Argenti said:

imagine Ishar is binding surges and investiture together to make new spren or something

I have ideas of how radiant orders could be those that imitate other Shards, but these would be irregular and not a good example to follow, as I see in the orders that are in the next 8 pages of this thread.

Knight Radiant Order: Will Disruptors
Surges: Adhesion + Cohesion

Apart from the normal access to these surges, they can also access their spiritual version; this allows them to begin to reform a person's soul from its cracks and, over time, "reform" it to their convenience.

True Spren: Dominionspren
Plate Spren: Captivityspren
Resonance: The ability to sense how to approach a situation so that it is beneficial to you.

Ideal Theme: Dominating everything you can about your environment and your relationships.

Oaths:
Second Ideal: I will dominate my environment
Third Ideal: I will dominate my acquaintances
Fourth Ideal: I will dominate myself
Fifth Ideal: I am what I've dominated

As a curious note, Dominionspren are always accompanied by a Devotionspren, the latter usually bonded to the only squire who usually has these surgebinders.

Knight Radiant Order: Devotees
Surges: Transformation + Progresion
Surge Combo: Basically these surgebinders can modify their anatomy more than a Magnified One, we could almost reach the level of a Kandra
True Spren: Dovotionspren
Plate Spren: Concentrationspren
Resonance: Know what you want from them
Ideal Theme: Be devout to something (although it is usually the person bonding with Dominionspren a couple of the Devotionspren)

Oaths:
Second Ideal: I must follow ...[Insert name]
Third Ideal: I must be what [insert name] whatever it is.
Fourth Ideal: To be useful, I must keep some individuality
Fifth Ideal: My mind is not mine, my body is not mine and my soul will always follow you.

Knight Radiant Order: Conservative of circumstances
Surges: Tension + Gravitacion
Surge Combo: You can freeze an area in space (imagine it as the, never demonstrated, freezing of the space sector by the union of a green lantern and a stellar sapphire).

True Spren: Preservationspren
Plate Spren: Cubispren
Resonance: Everyone close to him needs less investment to use the surges.
I
deal Theme: Keep things as they are.

Oaths:
Second Ideal: I will keep this [select something]
Third Ideal: I will keep this [select something]
Fourth Ideal: I will keep this [select something]
Fifth Ideal: I will keep this [select something]

If they wonder why the ideal is repeated, it is because, given the nature of the order, it is difficult for them to change even to maintain more things

Edited by Dofurion

17 minutes ago, Dofurion said:

Knight Radiant Order: Devotees
Surges: Transformation + Progresion
Surge Combo: Basically these surgebinders can modify their anatomy more than a Magnified One, we could almost reach the level of a Kandra
True Spren: Dovotionspren
Plate Spren: Concentrationspren
Resonance: Know what you want from them
Ideal Theme: Be devout to something (although it is usually the person bonding with Dominionspren a couple of the Devotionspren)

Oaths:
Second Ideal: I must follow ...[Insert name]
Third Ideal: I must be what [insert name] whatever it is.
Fourth Ideal: To be useful, I must keep some individuality
Fifth Ideal: My mind is not mine, my body is not mine and my soul will always follow you.

May I suggest [Someword]devoters? It's the Germanised version of the French word, and most words that end with -er are Germanic.

2 minutes ago, Dofurion said:

Knight Radiant Order: Conservative of circumstances

So what is its name?

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

May I suggest [Someword]devoters? It's the Germanised version of the French word, and most words that end with -er are Germanic.

1 hour ago, Argenti said:

So what is its name?

Any name suggestions are welcome. In other threads, it has already happened to me, but it doesn't hurt to say it: English is not my native language.

Knight Radiant Order: 
Surges: Ilimination + Abrasion
Surge Combo: This order normally uses Abrasion, but Illumination usually uses it to produce anti-tones. They attack on both a physical and spiritual level.
True Spren: Ruinspren
Plate Spren: Anti-spren (It is not a Spren made of anti-investiture, it represents the concept of "everything anti that explodes")
Resonance: Override nearby resonances.
Ideal Theme: Destroy

Oaths:
Second Ideal: I will destroy everything to its foundations.
Third Ideal: There will not even be a memory of what I destroyed.
Fourth Ideal: I'll be patient if I can't destroy something all at once.
Fifth Ideal:… DESTROY THE EVIL.

15 hours ago, Dofurion said:

This order normally uses Abrasion, but Illumination usually uses it to produce anti-tones. They attack on both a physical and spiritual level.

This ability is very interesting. They disrupt other people investiture using their respective antitones or what was your idea?

22 minutes ago, icefenix7198 said:

This ability is very interesting. They disrupt other people investiture using their respective antitones or what was your idea?

In the first oaths, that's right, they start out being more than anything a nuisance, but in their last oaths, they can very easily convert the entire static investiture nearby into its anti-version.

I honestly think this is a skill that Lightweavers and Truthwachers should be able to exercise normally; they just haven't realized it's possible. I say, after all, Illumination is the Surge of light and waves.

Unlike the previous ones, where Ishar mixed Sprens to emulate the essence of other Shards, the following is a Nalthian experiment to replicate Sprens, it went relatively well.

Spoiler

"Oaths":
"First Ideal": 200 Breaths
"Second Ideal": 1,000 Breaths
"Third Ideal": 3,500 Breaths
"Fourth Ideal": 10,000 Breaths
"Fifth Ideal": 50,000 Breaths

Knight Radiant Order: No name

True Spren: Endowmentspren
Plate Spren: Breaths → Rainbowspren (5 Ideal)
Resonance: None up to ideal 5
Ideal Theme: None

• The spren of this "order" were created with 50,000 breaths by a person of 10th elevation (Yes, 100,000 breaths in total). When created, it is extremely weak and requires it to be stored immediately in a perfect diamond. When bonding with someone, it takes 200 breaths to strengthen the bond. At this stage, you are able to do light things with the connection; for example, if you take a breath, you have access to the local language.
  • For the next level, 1000 breaths are required, which allows the spren to become a Shardblade, in addition to the fact that the spren can replicate any mechanical object without the user needing to know its exact operation.
  • Going to the next level, the spren acquires the ability to convert breaths into a shardplate, but this generates a waste of one breath every minute. There is also the disadvantage that if part of the Shardplate breaks, the breaths that made up that part automatically return to Endowment.
  • At the 4th level, it requires 10,000 breaths and gives the spren the ability to metabolize other sources of investiture. In addition to accurately detecting its characteristics.
  • Finally, at the last level, the spren stabilizes and can choose two naturally paired Surges to offer to its user (the selection is permanent). In addition, if the user goes to Roshar they will naturally attract Rainbowspren which will replace the role of the breaths when forming a Shardplate.

Edited by Dofurion

1 hour ago, Dofurion said:

Unlike the previous ones, where Ishar mixed Sprens to emulate the essence of other Shards, the following is a Nalthian experiment to replicate Sprens, it went relatively well.

Hide contents

"Oaths":
"First Ideal": 200 Breaths
"Second Ideal": 1,000 Breaths
"Third Ideal": 3,500 Breaths
"Fourth Ideal": 10,000 Breaths
"Fifth Ideal": 50,000 Breaths

Knight Radiant Order: No name

True Spren: Endowmentspren
Plate Spren: Breaths → Rainbowspren (5 Ideal)
Resonance: None up to ideal 5
Ideal Theme: None

• The spren of this "order" were created with 50,000 breaths by a person of 10th elevation (Yes, 100,000 breaths in total). When created, it is extremely weak and requires it to be stored immediately in a perfect diamond. When bonding with someone, it takes 200 breaths to strengthen the bond. At this stage, you are able to do light things with the connection; for example, if you take a breath, you have access to the local language.
  • For the next level, 1000 breaths are required, which allows the spren to become a Shardblade, in addition to the fact that the spren can replicate any mechanical object without the user needing to know its exact operation.
  • Going to the next level, the spren acquires the ability to convert breaths into a shardplate, but this generates a waste of one breath every minute. There is also the disadvantage that if part of the Shardplate breaks, the breaths that made up that part automatically return to Endowment.
  • At the 4th level, it requires 10,000 breaths and gives the spren the ability to metabolize other sources of investiture. In addition to accurately detecting its characteristics.
  • Finally, at the last level, the spren stabilizes and can choose two naturally paired Surges to offer to its user (the selection is permanent). In addition, if the user goes to Roshar they will naturally attract Rainbowspren which will replace the role of the breaths when forming a Shardplate.

Sp4

Spoiler

Well, some one was reading the sunlit man.

@Argenti  Basically, yes, it's everything I imagined during the preview. It is also what I imagine of an Endowment Spren, I still have more details about how it works, and it differentiates them a little more, but not much.

With those that follow, I will continue with my usual pattern.

Radiant Order - Worldshakers (Tension/Iluminaion) 

Order Theme/Core Ideal: I will accept the truth.

World shakers were an order formed of a great variety of people, miners, constructors, even scientist,but all of them had a thing in common: They undestood that sometimes to create something greater you need to destoy. During the desolations they acted as adaptable support units on land, being able to disrupt the battlefield, comunicate over long distances, hide their presence using ligthweaving or destroying objects but not as good as the other more specialized orders. 

Surges: Tension and Ilumination

Tension can be used to manipulate the soft axial force of objects, making them more stiff or flexible.

Ilumination can be used to ligthweave, making visual or sonorous ilusion. Due to the interaction with its other surges the ilusions aren't as detailed as other orders with the same surge but the ilusion fuzzes very little in comparison to other orders when an objects passes through it.

Surge Combo: Combining they surges Worldshakers can make objects violently shake by making them vibrate at their resonance frequency, allowing them to send waves of force though them or make them break like glass against high frequency (breaking objects this way is less efficient and powerful than the division surge and has less meticolous control).With enogh practice is posible to use this ability as a radar.

Resonance:  Worldshakers have an incredible precision determinating the direction of sound, being able to pinpoint the sound source with almost no room for error. 

True Spren: Rumblespren (not sure with this one, working on it). 

Platespren: Noisespren.

Ideals:  The ideals are centered about accepting that life isn't perfect. 

Second: I accept that life can be cruel.

Third: I accept that life isn't allways fair to everyone. (This Ideal is about stop envying other people  lifes if they seem easier)

Fourth: Although life isn't fair I won't give up on trying to make the world a better place.

Fifth: I will make the world a more just place for everyone.

Edited by icefenix7198
Completing info (Oaths of the order)

Knight Radiant Order: Nomads of the unexplored
Surges:  Division
True Spren: Autonomyspren
Plate Spren: Does not have
Resonance: -
Ideal Theme:  Be self-sufficient

Oaths:
Second Ideal:  I will find my way
Third Ideal: I will adapt
Fourth Ideal: I accept that others want to follow me
Fifth Ideal: I am myself

Although it sounds simple, it has more background, it is designed to be something similar to Sexto's life experience.
I also realize that I have a clear idea of what the Sprens look like both physically and cognitively, but I better make a list when I finish all the orders.

Edited by Dofurion

• 2 weeks later...

Knight Radiant Order: Heartmender
Surges: Spiritual Adhesion, Progression
Surge Combo: Spiritual healing, for stuff like mental health problems (not an instant healing, and takes different forms for different people, basically starts them on the healing process)
True Spren: Healthspren
Plate Spren: Joyspren
Resonance: Able to easily judge injuries, diseases, and things like depression
Ideal Theme: Healing others

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2023 at 9:22 AM, Argenti said:

Before you say anything, yes, I know the 10 pairings we have right now are the natural ones; imagine Ishar is binding surges and investiture together to make new spren or something. Let's put some surges together in new and exciting combos. I'll go first

Knight Order: Cloudskippers

Surges: Abrasion + Gravitation

True Spren: Hopespren

Plate Spren: Joyspren (or Laughterspren, depending on how these work)

Resonance: Unearthly sense of balance

Ideal theme: Encouraging hope at first and later becoming a reason for hope.

Edit:

Second Ideal: "I will find hope in even the darkest of days."
Third Ideal: "I will carry hope to the farthest lands, even in the midst of despair."
Fourth Ideal: "It is not enough to just spread the word of hope, I will be the reason for hope, not just for myself, but for all those who follow in my wake."
Fifth Ideal: "I will forge hope from despair, transforming even the bleakest of night to a beacon of light for all to see."

My fifth Oath is very spotty, any ideas?

Now you go!

Welp, I'm going to do them once daily because I'm bored. Just like the twinborn thread, I'll roll dice to pick the surges and make the oaths what feels right, you are welcome to make up to three surges, but I won't. If I roll any of the pre-existing orders I'll skip it and try again, feel free to post duplicates, the more orders, the better. Here's a blank format:

Reveal hidden contents

Knight Radiant Order: 
Surges: 
Surge Combo: 
True Spren: 
Plate Spren: 
Resonance: 
Ideal Theme: 

Oaths:

Second Ideal: 

Third Ideal: 

Fourth Ideal: 

Fifth Ideal: 

Heres a full list of the combos that already exist:

Here

So... Here's my take on a possible revision of the Cloudskippers' order.

Order: Cloudskippers

Surges: Gravitation, Abrasion 

Radiant Spren: Truespren

Defining Attributes: Loyal, Authentic

Plate Spren: Flamespren (Plate has the optical effect of being wreathed in pure white flame)

Second Ideal: I will empower those who have been left behind.

Third Ideal: I will never leave another to struggle alone, regardless of circumstance.

Fourth Ideal: I accept that I must give people space to be imperfectly human - including myself.

Final Ideal: I am...

I have always thought the fusion of Gravitation and Abrasion would be the most fun for me personally! I really liked your name (Cloudskippers) and the general theme of hope as well. I think that fits really well. However, I wanted to experiment with the idea that hope could be more a byproduct of the Cloudskippers' presence rather than their ideal. This also gave me an opportunity to experiment a little bit using a framework published by Dofurion linked above. I'm not sure I've really succeeded here, haha, but I had a lot of fun trying for a few minutes!

The Order Of Airshiners

Surges: Illumination,Gravitation

True Spren :Windspren

Platespren:  Ashspren

Traits: Outgoing, Energetic

First Ideal: LBD/SBW/JBD/

Second Ideal: I will empower those who cannot empower themselves.

Third Ideal: The men I hate are not enemies

Fourth Ideal: Life and Presence are of power

Fifth Ideal: IDK please help!

Any add-ons are helpful!

On 3/27/2024 at 4:47 PM, TEFT4EVAH said:

The Order Of Airshiners

True Spren :Windspren

Platespren:  Ashspren

Fifth Ideal: IDK please help!

Any add-ons are helpful!

All your ideals seem around empowering others , but you haven’t done a mention of accepting limits. Maybe your Fifth Ideal could be something along the lines: “I will give people the space to become strong on they own” or something like that

Also, it would be cool if you could write any resonance of Surge combo that the order posses, with the name I picture something along the lines of linking ligth weaving to thin air like Shallan links it to Pattern or an sphere with storm ligth.

Last, and is more of a suggestion than an obligation, having the same type of true spren as another radiant order is kinda strange, you can do whatever you want with your creation but I think it would be more interesting to create an unique and new type of Radiant Spren for the Airshiners

But having the radiant traits is a very cool inclusion ;)

1 hour ago, icefenix7198 said:

All your ideals seem around empowering others , but you haven’t done a mention of accepting limits. Maybe your Fifth Ideal could be something along the lines: “I will give people the space to become strong on they own” or something like that

Also, it would be cool if you could write any resonance of Surge combo that the order posses, with the name I picture something along the lines of linking ligth weaving to thin air like Shallan links it to Pattern or an sphere with storm light.

Last, and is more of a suggestion than an obligation, having the same type of true spren as another radiant order is kinda strange, you can do whatever you want with your creation but I think it would be more interesting to create an unique and new type of Radiant Spren for the Airshiners

But having the radiant traits is a very cool inclusion ;)

Ok, here it is,

The Order Of Airshiners

True Spren : Showspren (Falling instruments)

Platespren:  Glowspren (More neon than lightspren)

Fifth Ideal: I accept that people can grow and change unhelped.