Cosmere re-read

The Sibling

I'm going to start a full re-read of the Cosmere. This will include all the normal books, novellas, Arcanum Unbounded, and probably Aether of Night, Way of Kings prime, (shudder) White Sands, and White Sands prose. 

I know that I am starting with Elantris because I'm reading Brandon's annotations on Arcanum. After that though, I have no idea in what order I should read this stuff. I'd like to keep the series together, although not necessarily Mistborn Era 1 and 2. Also Mistborn secret history has to go somewhere. 

Has anyone done this before? Do you have an idea of what order I should read the books in?

Thanks! I’ll check it out. I am think that I probably want to read Mistborn next and read the annotations at the same time, but we’ll see.

Edit: Looks like Mistborn is next anyways, so that works. I think that I am going to go with this reading order. 

Edited by The Sibling

19 hours ago, Voidwatcher said:

You can try this post's (seen above) reading order, and you can also check out Treamayne's comment on this post (the same one above) if you want to make one yourself.

16 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Thanks! I’ll check it out. I am think that I probably want to read Mistborn next and read the annotations at the same time, but we’ll see.

Edit: Looks like Mistborn is next anyways, so that works. I think that I am going to go with this reading order. 

Well, to follow up on @Voidwatcher, my reading recommendations can work for a reread, but are primarily intended for new readers (to avoid spoilers). Every time I do a complete Cosmere reread, I switch up the order (to help find new things I missed before - like this (linked post is inside the TotES spoiler area)). My most recent entire read-through was in preparation for TLM:

Spoiler
  • Elantris 10th anniversary - BM (made by me, and includes the glossary, deleted scenes, alt-ending and Hope of Elantris - hope to add annotations soon)
  • Emperor's Soul
    • with Sel Essay
  • Mistborn: The Complete Era 1 (discussed here) Includes (in chronologic order - PM for details)
    • The Eleventh Metal
    • TFE
    • Secret History
    • WoA
    • HoA
  • Warbreaker (with Annotations)
  • White Sand (Prose)
  • Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
    • with Threnody Essay
  • Alloy of Law
    • with Scadrial Essay and Allomancer Jak
  • The Way of Kings