43 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

It's very annoying when autocorrect does this, like, I don't want to kill slim people, I want to kill elim people.

im??? reading this in brandons voice????

wish i had time to reread fifth's posts rn

edit: also archer what rules do i not understand? would love to know how to follow the slim rules.

Edited by Turtle

21 minutes ago, Turtle said:

edit: also archer what rules do i not understand? would love to know how to follow the slim rules.

Don't worry, when there are still not death for the next twenty days I'll change back to TKN. This is temporary, and would be even more temporary if I wasn’t limited on name changes.

Apologies for my lack of participation so far. I kinda liked the point Archer made about Szeth bringing up meta things a few times. I agree that sort of discussion can be an easy outlet as an elim.

I also strongly agree with the notion that someone should be exed today. I'll be back before EOD so I should be able to move my vote elsewhere if necessary to kill someone.

Vote Count:

• Turtle (2): Fifth Scholar, Archer
  • Alpha (3): DeTess, Matrim, xinoehp512
  • Fifth Scholar (1): Kasimir
  • Matrim's Dice (1): |TJ|
  • xinoehp512 (1): Elandera
  • Szeth (1): Araris

I can't believe I didn't notice a tie was a no-exe :P.

For the sake of self preservation, Alpha. I will say that I am staying on Silverlight and continuing to siphon charges for the forseeable future (whether you believe me or not is another question entirely, but that's besides the point). While the time for villagers to grab Shards is passing, are we certain we'll be able to block a faction from sitting on Silverlight and popping Shards free?

53 minutes ago, Turtle said:

There was a second point, related to you being cool with dying, but I forget my thought process. 

First point was you thinking the slim jims have a bigger team rn than they do, which I think was a misread. 

But I'm ignoring you now because fifth is acting strangely 

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Turtle 

we need a death today. I’m not going to self-vote because Mat would kill me, and it’d work against the village, but if there’s no appetite for Turtle or Fadran than I’m willing to get mowed under so there’s at least no black hole of discussion around me. Not like I’m doing anything terribly productive with my life anyway, though if I do survive at least I’ll be off shift for the Night and be able to contribute a bit more. TJ and Elan are still my Khriss and Hoid guesses, respectively, I have ideas about Frost but am not publicising them for obvious reasons, and I have no best Bavadin guess. If Bavadin’s smart, she’s already passed the Shard anyway to make a convert, so hunting her down specifically is less relevant unless we get Ruin and Odium contained again (lol).

Kas/everyone else asking me about the snap Fadran vote: My principle at this point in the game is pretty much “it’s helpful to treat the 17S as village and any efforts to frame things otherwise is only encouraging the kind of factionalism and horse-trading that crushes and blinds the 17S later in the game.” This is why I was voting Fadran even if I don’t necessarily think he’s evil (though I am getting convert vibes off him still). Also, I was working off a skim of the thread and not intensive analysis, hence it was an easy place I could leave my vote and be happy with it until I got another chance to look things over.

Why is everyone offering themselves up to be killed? If we do no exe for a while, the slim people will make their conversions and we can play it straight. That's arguably a great outcome. I can't see why a villager would want to die to speed things along

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Vote Count:

• Turtle (2): Fifth Scholar, Archer
  • Alpha (3): DeTess, Matrim, xinoehp512
  • Fifth Scholar (1): Kasimir
  • Matrim's Dice (1): |TJ|
  • xinoehp512 (1): Elandera
  • Szeth (1): Araris

I can't believe I didn't notice a tie was a no-exe :P.

For the sake of self preservation, Alpha. I will say that I am staying on Silverlight and continuing to siphon charges for the forseeable future (whether you believe me or not is another question entirely, but that's besides the point). While the time for villagers to grab Shards is passing, are we certain we'll be able to block a faction from sitting on Silverlight and popping Shards free?

Interesting time to self pres, although if you're leaving for the night I understand 

My vote is on Fifth. Not sure about this sudden Alpha wagon

18 minutes ago, Archer said:

Interesting time to self pres, although if you're leaving for the night I understand 

I’m more interested in xino being concerned enough with dying after one passing vote and no conversation regarding him. Were I in his shoes, I would not find self pres necessary. Almost makes me want to switch there tbh

Edit: I guess I am in his shoes to an extent, lol. Retroactively proved myself right :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Dislike Archer's latest post, feel V!Archer should know better.

Ruin hunting feels more in vibe with Archer's view that Elims should be focusing on work that generates more heat than light.

Araris's vote feels opportunistic on a LHF train and arguably, again points to likelihood more work being done in doc. (FWIW I've been growing the rave doc. It's hard work but we're getting there through DJing and a bunch of pretty sea turtles and colours and recreational substances. And some dancing.)

Not convinced by Fifth's response - arguing you want to principle lynch a Villager is shooting yourself in the foot given Fadran's relative newness and unnecessarily punitive. Fifth should know better and this feels more like Fifth looking for an easy train.

Tfw I sus both Archer and Fifth and one of them is voting with me on the other. Ffs.

Should've stayed with the rave, gone with the flow.

Oh well.

Kind of made this post because I wanted to solidify the train but I also DN.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

(which he left behind? idk)

Ties are good, but only mid-cycle, when there's time to take temperature and check reactions. And I miiiight've thought there was an extra vote on Alpha so I thought it was actually a tie.

IDK really. I can buy Alpha paralysis and I don't like exeing players who are having a hard time getting into a game. Quite simply, that makes me hesitate. It feels like you're punishing the player for not being able to get on with it, which is a bit nasty. Your team explicitly noted this in LG94 and exploited it to get me to hesitate D1 when I was making an Alpha push and to decide to give Alpha more time. I also GMed Alpha in a game where he didn't really get why everyone was @ing him for not solving, so I can't say I'm particularly eager to do the same in a V!Alpha world. I suppose I'm still willing...

Bah okay. Between Fifth and Alpha, I guess I'd be more willing to vote Alpha so let's just do that. Alpha.

I'm willing to change my vote or just not participate at all, depending on Alpha explicating his thought process a bit more, and how I feel about the options I guess.

My Archer case boils down to the fact he's doing the same busywork he believes Elims do, and a sense that most of his votes this cycle are fairly opportunistic. Which puts me in an awkward position when I agree with the Fifth vote but ig SE be that way.

Edited to add:

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m more interested in xino being concerned enough with dying after one passing vote and no conversation regarding him. Were I in his shoes, I would not find self pres necessary. Almost makes me want to switch there tbh

Wasn't the last time Xino made a mistake vote-wise enough to early vote in LG91 with E!Xino?

Edited by Kasimir

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Wasn't the last time Xino made a mistake vote-wise enough to early vote in LG91 with E!Xino?

You’re asking me? >> I don’t remember lol

That would point to e!xino here?

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You’re asking me? >> I don’t remember lol

That would point to e!xino here?

Consider the tone hopeful, with some amount of please say yes because I don't really want to have to look for it :P

I know he might have commented about making a count mistake in Szeth's QF64 because I distinctly recall Stick asking him why he'd've made such a mistake.

Read-wise, I've got nothing. Felt DeTess was quick to V!read when they differed in approach, felt Xino is substituting long strategy wallpost for actual V contribution which feels more or less in the same sort of heat > light ballpark Archer is concerned about. Feel my last Xino read was pretty mistaken (your game I think? LG93 maybe?) so IDK I feel confident in ascribing one without actual backreading through more recent Xino playhistory.

But no, I don't feel that's a good look, at least.

Christ I've badly failed my goal not to get involved haven't I.

4 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Sure was. My vote stays.

Wha-?

Edited to add: You did the heroics of reading an 11+ page D1 of a game you didn't IM or play...?

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I think just Elan remembers the game and agrees that it's not a good look for xino?

That's kind of what I'm questioning, yes, given that that D1 was utter hell to go through,

15 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Approximately 45 minutes remain to vote and submit actions.

Uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Low-key not sure I want to move off Alpha. Rewent through QF66 out of a vague sense of duty and noticed proactive engagement from Alpha from the get-go.

C1, volunteered rule clarifications previously, this is response to Archer.

Side-comment here that Szeth has a bit in this cycle where he asks who players would most want to kill. He's Village. Archer seizes on it and I believe this is when the spec doc forms a rock-solid E!Szeth tunnel, thank you Stick and Mat.

IDK broskis. This just feels like some level of game engagement which didn't have to be prompted.

Unfortunately, most of the PM interactions are gone as I purge fairly frequently, so I guess that's a wash.

At the same time, LG90, which Elan IMed, did have a Xino self-pres at 0140hrs which was about 3hrs, 20 minutes prior to rollover, and Xino was actually endangered there (though there was, I think, a three way tie.)

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't really disagree with this point tbh.

10 minutes ago, DeTess said:

@KasimirI'm up for swapping my vote to Archer instead if you want to try to get that train rolling last minute.

Will this have numbers, or just cause another tie? My problem with Archer is I just can't make my mind up about him and have cycled through every possible read at this point. But I don't feel that causing another tie is worth anything here. Xino and Alpha are also both ??? for me.

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

My problem with Archer is I just can't make my mind up about him and have cycled through every possible read at this point.

See, I used to be this way, but I have since mastered the art of pretending he isn't in the game, so I don't have to suffer not being able to read him properly :) 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

See, I used to be this way, but I have since mastered the art of pretending he isn't in the game, so I don't have to suffer not being able to read him properly :) 

In theory I should backread his recent games but wehhhh I'm on vacation smdh

Edited to add: Low key have a crack theory where they're just Elims from different factions feuding but lmao let's be real who the heck ever gets this lucky in having all Elims as trains. 

Edited by Kasimir

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Will this have numbers, or just cause another tie? My problem with Archer is I just can't make my mind up about him and have cycled through every possible read at this point. But I don't feel that causing another tie is worth anything here. Xino and Alpha are also both ??? for me.

With just the two of us it would be another tie so we'd need one more. Not sure if that is possible at this point, but wanted to throw up the ball. I'm fine with either Alpha or Archer (or TBB).

3 minutes ago, DeTess said:

With just the two of us it would be another tie so we'd need one more. Not sure if that is possible at this point, but wanted to throw up the ball. I'm fine with either Alpha or Archer (or TBB).

@Matrim's Dice Presume your preferences are between Alpha and Fifth yeah? Think you mentioned?

Edited to add: And Xino?

Edited by Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

@Matrim's Dice Presume your preferences are between Alpha and Fifth yeah? Think you mentioned?

Edited to add: And Xino?

More Alpha/xino than Fifth, but that's just because Fifth is dead null for me whereas I have something more negative on the other two. I think I would prefer xino over Alpha but I prefer a solid train over a not solid train more :P.

I don't know who I'd pick if I had to choose Archer vs Fifth so don't ask xD

Edit: @Kasimir @DeTess Buuuuut that being said if you guys wanna last second switch to xino I'd be down :P.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I don't know who I'd pick if I had to choose Archer vs Fifth so don't ask xD

No no no I am not going there, not with three minutes to make a call.

Ok, Archer is not gonna be workable like this @DeTess.

think we don't need DeTess if going for Xino - Elan is on Xino, Mat is ok with swapping. So the question is, who do I think is more Evil?

....Sorry Mat, probably staying put. IDK about wagon size, but I also dunno anymore >>