3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Doesn't that require them to anticipate there won't be that many Vessels in a game where the entire premise (for most people not me, because I have read Dostoevsky and determined that all Shards are Evil!) is - get Shards, gain ultimate cosmic power? Also means their team is at a disavantage when it comes to collecting Shards. I could see it but it doesn't feel extremely viable in the landscape such that I wouldn't ascribe high probability to it unless someone like you/Drake/Wiz are Hoid/Khriss.

So you think that (barring accidental  failures) the Children/Standard factions are pretty much filled out? We’ll probably see who’s correct tonight, because if all the conversions are burnt up, we should see at least two Shards get released, assuming the factions go for maximum coordination—they could force-break Shards now with four people. But also, with most of the Shards still locked away, there really aren’t that many Vessels, so there’s no rush for the leaders to convert while the village still isn’t coordinating to break more out. Again, if not under pressure, they can just chill and stack Investiture they think is helpful. Not going to give the Elims more advice than I already have, but there are definitely Shards which are at the bottom of the “cool flashy powers” list which have very useful Investiture charges :P 

8 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

So you think that (barring accidental  failures) the Children/Standard factions are pretty much filled out? We’ll probably see who’s correct tonight, because if all the conversions are burnt up, we should see at least two Shards get released, assuming the factions go for maximum coordination—they could force-break Shards now with four people. But also, with most of the Shards still locked away, there really aren’t that many Vessels, so there’s no rush for the leaders to convert while the village still isn’t coordinating to break more out. Again, if not under pressure, they can just chill and stack Investiture they think is helpful. Not going to give the Elims more advice than I already have, but there are definitely Shards which are at the bottom of the “cool flashy powers” list which have very useful Investiture charges :P 

I expect them to be pretty much filled out, yes. Whether they go for maximum coordination or not, IDK but I guess we'll see. If we assume for the moment that I'm Village, and STINK is, and the Braize Shooter (my theory) is, that's at least three Village-side players refusing to be on Silverlight, which feels like a decent chunk, alongside with the two Villagers already dead. I don't reasonably feel they can be denied Shards soon, and feel that Frost should be on the ball with Containment Watch to give us a PoE, preferably via Ruin if Frost can get in touch with him.

It's true they could have adapted to low Village coordination, but again: why not then force-break the Shards and then appear to simply be lucky Villagers? Everyone is expecting the Village to succeed first in getting Shards, so there's nothing unusual there.

In fact, on the other end, I'd argue there's more pressure on them, not less, when there are more Shards in Containment, because we are closer to our SD wincon (theoretically in Shard numbers - agreed hunting down Hoid and Khriss is no easy task; hopefully Drake can help us out with finding Bavadin.)

Either way I don't really see why you think there's such a need to be coy. The strength of this game is that there are so many options we're really just going to have to see what strategy the Elims are going for and then adapt to it, but the same for them when it comes to us. But I will never not give a player a hard stare when they play up trust/read instability paranoia due to confusion because that's the same erosion strategy E!me went for, and you should remember that game very well.

Edited to add: Due to conversion - guess I'm the confused one here.

Edited by Kasimir

46 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Wow u r hatoful Shard boy???

smh of all Shards you went for the most Evil one? >>

Where do u wanna meet bro

the DAOist tRAVEling circus is currently chilling in the Scadrian mosh pit dealing -

well I was dealing with Autonomy's minors but then DeTess took them off my hands so I guess we can do the R-21 tour now :eyes:

Look I wanted (and still want tbh but at this point I give up) a different one but after N0 it was pretty clear that beggars can't be choosers

Threnody? Sel?

honestly down for whatevs

37 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Explain yo self. How yo no dead?

already did

30 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Well someone had to be the lucky recipient I guess :P

I have a sudden and powerful premonition that you tried to siphon Odium both N0 and N1 :P

sorry mate Odium just likes me better what can I say

34 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Any reason you didn’t kill? LG92 suggests your relationship with pacifism is at best tenuous…

yea well I also voted in LG92 :P

i am a pacifist for real this time :D

35 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

unless it’s enforced pacifism :ph34r: 

do you want to bet on it? :)

if you say yes there are no take backsies :) i will inform you of the stakes for this wager only after you give answer :)

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

You want to head out to Scadrial? Got a feeling that if you're V!Odium, the E!flak's gonna be headed your way. Or we could pick a weirder adventure, sure.

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Look I wanted (and still want tbh but at this point I give up) a different one but after N0 it was pretty clear that beggars can't be choosers

Lemme guess you went for Whimsy :eyes:

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

It sensed your kill streak...

Just now, Kasimir said:

You want to head out to Scadrial? Got a feeling that if you're V!Odium, the E!flak's gonna be headed your way. Or we could pick a weirder adventure, sure.

Scadrial's fine by me sure

not the most exciting ability but very practical

anyway it isn't really the ability that matters is it :eyes:

what's the party scene on Scadrial look like :eyes:

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Lemme guess you went for Whimsy :eyes:

I plead the Fifth :P i wanted/want Survival to just vibe but Odium is being really clingy smhhhhhh

Just now, DrakeMarshall said:

what's the party scene on Scadrial look like :eyes:

k not gonna lie to u bro

Autonomy is Evil af sure, but their avatars are pretty fun

they have the annoying thing where everytime u suggest something fun like recreational substances they'll remind u they're minors

but other than that they're pretty fun to hang with

and there's a lot of moshing in the pit :eyes:

and Scadrian metal

honestly makes me wish we didn't have to be against each other you know

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

not the most exciting ability but very practical

there's something to be said for pragmatism yea

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I plead the Fifth :P i wanted/want Survival to just vibe but Odium is being really clingy smhhhhhh

u totally did im callin it

there is no world u didn't find the weirdest infodealer shard & go

'i want that one' :eyes:

Ok all this talk of shards has me thinking I set up camp on a world for no real reason at all smh 

Where's the respect for the normal people

Who unless I'm wrong in the writeup says that like basically everyone is one so have some self-respect people

1 minute ago, STINK said:

Ok all this talk of shards has me thinking I set up camp on a world for no real reason at all smh 

Who unless I'm wrong in the writeup says that like basically everyone is one so have some self-respect people

Don't ask me, I totally was into this normal person rave disco tour thing, but then Autonomy's Avatars crashed the rave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

I expect them to be pretty much filled out, yes. Whether they go for maximum coordination or not, IDK but I guess we'll see. If we assume for the moment that I'm Village, and STINK is, and the Braize Shooter (my theory) is, that's at least three Village-side players refusing to be on Silverlight, which feels like a decent chunk, alongside with the two Villagers already dead. I don't reasonably feel they can be denied Shards soon, and feel that Frost should be on the ball with Containment Watch to give us a PoE, preferably via Ruin if Frost can get in touch with him.

Why assume the theorethical Braize shooter is village instead of a member of one of the evil factions?

15 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Why assume the theorethical Braize shooter is village instead of a member of one of the evil factions?

• Why would Hoid go to Braize? Braize is useless to him as he cannot kill.
  • Why would Khriss go to Braize? She has a double siphon and a conversion, both of which are actions that are better off on Silverlight.
  • Why would any evil faction member leave Silverlight for Braize? Suppose that there was no conversion last Night (Fifth's theory) - leaving Silverlight for Braize cedes Shards to the Village for a single kill. Doesn't feel super worth it. And this reduces their faction to just H/K + other member which they'll feel more than the Village.
  • Villager is probably more willing to leave Silverlight for Braize due to faction number issues.
  • Haven't said anything about Bavadin, this is true.
  • Does Drake seem like the standard Evil kill target to you? Honestly he was in my nulls. (Also in the world where Evil is holding back on conversions and therefore killing, you'd expect them to want to leave juicy targets alive rather than be left with poor choices in midgame to endgame - imagine being forced to choose between inactives/low actives because the actives are Vessels.)
  • In general my view is that Evil is lacking in numbers and tempo - going to Braize gives up a tempo, and the kill victimology doesn't match this. Drake wasn't clearly V enough, and you'd expect Evil to also be more careful about shooting because Other Faction and Bavadin make for useful scapegoats to draw Village flak and Bavadin can be a useful ally as they can win with Bavadin - Village cannot.
  • Have a further theory about the shot I'm not sharing with the class for now for reasons, but in general, feel this is contributory 
  • However, that being said, my assumption was done just to point out that in the world that everyone of the three known to not be on Braize is Village, Village actually has more depleted numbers on Silverlight than you'd really expect. That's almost enough to free one Shard right there.

Edited to add:

I suppose this ties back to something either you or Fifth said, but I CBA to scroll for it, which I felt was a bit Village: that the Village is pretty uncoordinated, which...yes and no? Looking back, we can agree. I'm not really sure this is an assumption Elims feel comfortable making because Elim fog-of-war is real - just look at how much damage Archer did in the QF I just ran (QF66) organising the Village behind the Elim's backs.

At least, I don't know if I feel that assumption emerges as naturally for an Elim. Elim blindness is very real but at the same time, if there are plenty of docs and PMs and they don't know what's going on, do they feel all that comfortable banking that the Village isn't coordinating somewhere they can't see? IDK.

Edited by Kasimir

Why would you shoot the piano avatar over the vocals one :( I didn’t even get to talk to it

(I jest, mostly.)

Is there anything important beyond Drake claiming Odium in the posts above mine? I’m having a real hard time parsing anything rn for some reason :/ I think this reflects on v!Drake if only because he was willing to claim right away, whereas I feel Hoid/Khriss & Co. would be more stingy about that. Could be a bad read idk

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Why would you shoot the piano avatar over the vocals one :( I didn’t even get to talk to it

Ngl I'm still low key convinced you are piano...

That piano piece was diabolical >:(

oh I guess I should make where I stand clear or smth

my plan is simple: imma splinter Autonomy

i am the serial killer killer!! B)

u could say i have a score to settle >:P and thats what Odium is about isn't it >>:P

plus, I have determined that this is by far the most useful way to use my Shard regardless --

• my Investment scan is only tangentially useful at finding Hoid or Khriss but it's extremely useful at weeding out Bavadin/Autonomy (Fifth != Autonomy btw, i can share that with the class now that I've claimed Odium)
  • my Shardic is the only good way to deal with Bavadin -- if you kill Bavadin literally any other way, Autonomy goes to a new player and you have to deal with them maybe intent converting, whereas if I shatter Autonomy the Autonomous faction is put down for good

to reiterate my stance on Intent Conversion, I'm not gonna rush headlong into it just because I can, but if it happens, it happens

I have zippo interest in working with, dealing with, or giving anything I would consider "help" to Hoid / Khriss, but I'm also not very motivated to find them, sorry i am deciding they r not my problem ig ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyone not good with this? welp fite me :P

3 minutes ago, STINK said:

i respect normal people!!

normalness is an honorable calling, if not a particularly Honorable one tbh

a lot of them just don't respect themselves smh

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Is there anything important beyond Drake claiming Odium in the posts above mine?

afaik not really :P

10 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

anyone not good with this? welp fite me :P

I mean...couldn't you just kill them?

Wouldn't you consider this an unfair advantage sir :eyes:

• my Shardic is the only good way to deal with Bavadin -- if you kill Bavadin literally any other way, Autonomy goes to a new player and you have to deal with them maybe intent converting, whereas if I shatter Autonomy the Autonomous faction is put down for good

I mean...they could give it to me...

I would yeet it so hard into containment the doors be vibratin'

Spoiler

lord-of-the-rings-cast-it.gif

Elrond was right. All Shards are Evil and must be Contained.

48 minutes ago, Kasimir said:
  • Why would any evil faction member leave Silverlight for Braize? Suppose that there was no conversion last Night (Fifth's theory) - leaving Silverlight for Braize cedes Shards to the Village for a single kill. Doesn't feel super worth it. And this reduces their faction to just H/K + other member which they'll feel more than the Village.

Actually, timing-wise it perfectly matches up with an elim team knowing they'll be 4-strong as of today, as it gives just enough time for their member to travel back from Braize to silverlight to join in on a coordinated breakout.

I also don't really see Drake being a village shot. I might be wrong, but I haven't seen much suspicion pointed at them. So sure, Drake isn't read as village, but I don't think they're being elm-read much either. And if the elim just wanted to thin the numbers a little it is a safer shot than going after someone more consistently village-read as they are more likely to have some form of protection.

That's not to say that I'm convinced it had to have been an elim, but I'm also not convinced it is safe to write away as a village shot.

8 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I also don't really see Drake being a village shot. I might be wrong, but I haven't seen much suspicion pointed at them. So sure, Drake isn't read as village, but I don't think they're being elm-read much either. And if the elim just wanted to thin the numbers a little it is a safer shot than going after someone more consistently village-read as they are more likely to have some form of protection.

From what? Honor charges? If there were that many, wouldn't Honor have already been broken out? Prudence charges only take effect an entire cycle later, and don't protect from Odium or Ruin - that has to be a relevant threat assessment on the part of the defending Villager. Killing the more consistently Village-read now is more workable than doing so later when the full arsenal of Shards are consolidated in Village hands, I'd argue. It's pretty much Mat's rationale behind early noise kills.

Actually, timing-wise it perfectly matches up with an elim team knowing they'll be 4-strong as of today, as it gives just enough time for their member to travel back from Braize to silverlight to join in on a coordinated breakout.

You do give up on a cycle of tempo though, and that's significant in the world they lack both Ruin and Odium, as this leaves only a single member trying to break a Shard free last Night. You yourself (I believe) called the importance of grabbing Honor, which would greatly reduce their chances of getting it. And in a world where Ruin does indeed attempt to destroy Braize (which is, presumably, the main reason for the rush,) Ruin has IDed them by now.

That's not to say that I'm convinced it had to have been an elim, but I'm also not convinced it is safe to write away as a village shot.

Am I 100% certain it's a Village shot? No. I'd agree on that. But I'm more willing to say it's one than I am to think it's Evil on balance. I'd be willing to rethink if there's suspicious or weird behaviour from the Shooter, or if the Shooter isn't who I think it is.

This I think is fundamentally like our disagreement on LG94 Mat again. I'm willing to be wrong about this and to revise my read on the Shooter - I just don't see a reason not to V read them right now and revise if I find reason to subsequently. If Fifth is right about the conversion being withheld in any case, then revision is practically necessary.

Edited to add:

That's actually why I feel Drake isn't a good Elim shot. The very profile you are referring to is the ideal H/K/B profile: too under the radar to be noticed, but just Village enough to not attract attention or get voted on or mentioned. That's exactly the right place to hide.

I don't believe the Elims need to be wedded to alliance and they could indeed embrace a strategy of eliminating the other factions ruthlessly to generate Village cred, but I also don't think that's the sort of strategy that's as attractive from the outset.

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I feel like if you are still asking, you need to ask that question of the rules instead...

Edited to add:

Smh clear discrimination have u considered finding a lawyer

Yeah I enjoyed the peace while it lasted :( 

Well, I would have liked to hear it from his own lips. And I may have misread his initial post.

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Threnody? Sel?

already did

I have a sudden and powerful premonition that you tried to siphon Odium both N0 and N1 :P

yea well I also voted in LG92 :P

i am a pacifist for real this time :D

do you want to bet on it? :)

if you say yes there are no take backsies :) i will inform you of the stakes for this wager only after you give answer :)

I would still like you to say it in your own words so there's less room to play around with in the future, and as I said I misread that initial post.

Kas, would you be willing to return to Roshar? I need to venture there for *reasons,* but I would prefer not to miss out on the rave.

Also, I've been thinking, Autonomy is like the perfect role for me. I get some insane action economy, which is always fun, and I get to dip my toes in a bunch of docs, which is the main reason I enjoy being an elim so much. So, uh, @ Bavadin?

10 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Kas, would you be willing to return to Roshar? I need to venture there for *reasons,* but I would prefer not to miss out on the rave.

@DrakeMarshall u ok with Roshar, or u prefer Scadrial?

Edited to add: k tbh bowing out of thread until report is done. I've had zero motivation to work on it and I've been tired all week and the Mysterious Kill~ had excited me to try to crack what was going on but I need to get it done before Bad Things Happen.

Goodbye all please yell at me if you see me on the Shard before I say it is Done.

Edited by Kasimir

39 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I mean...couldn't you just kill them?

Wouldn't you consider this an unfair advantage sir :eyes:

i could, but what would be the fun in that

anyways whats this 'fairness' thing u speak about :P wherefore does 'fairness' motivate me :P

39 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I mean...they could give it to me...

I would yeet it so hard into containment the doors be vibratin'

Hide contents

lord-of-the-rings-cast-it.gif

Elrond was right. All Shards are Evil and must be Contained.

i mean, that's mighty good for you :P but if Autonomy dies do u really wanna gamble that RNG makes u the next Vessel and nobody else >:P

because id wager there are a lot of players who don't reach the lofty heights of those moral high grounds ur looking down on from sir :eyes:

many players who would Intent Convert to Autonomy if it fell in their laps -- case in point one of them literally ninja'd me while I was typing this :joy:

and Odium's power reliably solves that problem :eyes:

In other words, u might have the high ground, yes, but you underestimate my power :P

Contained is the ideal but Splintered is very nearly as good

in fact in some ways at least it's actually better

29 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I also don't really see Drake being a village shot.

while this is all very fascinating to me personally I'm not very sure why this is replacing the lynch discussion lol

that said, let's just make this easy -- if you hit me and ur a villager, it'd be great if u claimed -- i don't really see any benefit for u in not doing that

if that doesn't happen, well then you can reasonably assume they're evil right

14 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Well, I would have liked to hear it from his own lips. And I may have misread his initial post.

I would still like you to say it in your own words so there's less room to play around with in the future, and as I said I misread that initial post.

Somebody attacked me, AFAIK Braize is the only mechanical possibility here, and I survived due to Vessel Shield.

I can't really see any conceivable 'room' to play around with here, so. This comes across as fairly performative tbh, but. That's none of my business :P

EDIT:

@DrakeMarshall u ok with Roshar, or u prefer Scadrial?

Edited to add: k tbh bowing out of thread until report is done. I've had zero motivation to work on it and I've been tired all week and the Mysterious Kill~ had excited me to try to crack what was going on but I need to get it done before Bad Things Happen.

Goodbye all please yell at me if you see me on the Shard before I say it is Done.

Uhhh Roshar works sure I don't really mind

I will assume we are partying up Roshar until further notice

Good luck on ur report

Edited by DrakeMarshall

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

ok, fair

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

anyways whats this 'fairness' thing u speak about :P wherefore does 'fairness' motivate me :P

well then fight them on flat ground! 

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

In other words, u might have the high ground, yes, but you underestimate my power :P

but sir

this power

this terribly Evil power

will u set it aside once this crisis has abated

do u love democracy :eyes:

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

while this is all very fascinating to me personally I'm not very sure why this is replacing the lynch discussion lol

prolly b/c it's more interesting to me than the lynch rn

like k i guess i can

Araris there we go

just vote someone in my PoE who I don't have any positive read of any inflection on

@DeTess Did log back in to say FWIW I appreciate you (if Village) reining back on my willingness to just make the read and revise later as I feel people sheep me too much sometimes and then bad things happen and I feel guilty and overdo games. Even if I don't seen to change my terrible ways of just making the judgement call and committing to revise rather than withholding judgement, I appreciate it.

Aight, party order sent.

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Good luck on ur report

ty good luck murdering Autonomy for great justice

ok back to report for reals .-.

18 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[things]

42 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

!!! >:(

do u love democracy :eyes:

Spoiler

9thke5md1z241.jpg

prolly b/c it's more interesting to me than the lynch rn

like k i guess i can

Araris there we go

don't worry sir, do however much villaging you want

I know I am

I'm just, observing something about the cycle >:P

fwiw though I agree with this vote

Aight, party order sent.

B)

47 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

i mean, that's mighty good for you :P but if Autonomy dies do u really wanna gamble that RNG makes u the next Vessel and nobody else >:P

because id wager there are a lot of players who don't reach the lofty heights of those moral high grounds ur looking down on from sir :eyes:

many players who would Intent Convert to Autonomy if it fell in their laps -- case in point one of them literally ninja'd me while I was typing this :joy:

and Odium's power reliably solves that problem :eyes:

that said, let's just make this easy -- if you hit me and ur a villager, it'd be great if u claimed -- i don't really see any benefit for u in not doing that

if that doesn't happen, well then you can reasonably assume they're evil right

Somebody attacked me, AFAIK Braize is the only mechanical possibility here, and I survived due to Vessel Shield.

I can't really see any conceivable 'room' to play around with here, so. This comes across as fairly performative tbh, but. That's none of my business :P

EDIT:

Uhhh Roshar works sure I don't really mind

Good luck on ur report

Bold mine.

I should note that I would most likely not intent convert to Autonomous. I really have no use for their Shardic, which is what conversion is based on. I'd just stick my fingers in a bunch of pies and relax.

Like, I might do two Shardics just to keep my options open, but I wouldn't actually convert unless it was pretty clear the village was going to lose and/or I knew I would immediately win.

Edit: Actually @DrakeMarshall,  if I ever receive Autonomy, I would be totally willing to let you splinter it, I can still do everything fun whe splintered.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

9 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Edit: Actually @DrakeMarshall,  if I ever receive Autonomy, I would be totally willing to let you splinter it, I can still do everything fun whe splintered.

Difficult to arrange since Shards can't actually be passed around once splintered, but I will keep this in mind :P

Edit: oh wait im dumb you mean you'd use Scadrial to survive while I targeted you to splinter it yes I believe that'd work

Edited by DrakeMarshall

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

@AshbringerSo, question. Odium and Ruin kills bypass vessel shields when the target is a vessel. What happens if they attack someone that is not a vessel but got vessel shield some other way, such as through preservation investiture?

They bypass that too.

5 hours ago, STINK said:

Also Also isn't it the 13th of June today

… you know I looked at that and then didn’t edit it. Whoops.