20 minutes ago, JNV said:

In all worlds where the village wins Drake needs to die and we can all win this turn cause I got my wincon and new Autonomy can use Investment action to make new Shard and Shardic action to convert then everyone votes Drake so it ends up well I guess it ends up 4 6 cause of the conversion forgot to subtract in the first post and village gets wincon of killing everyone Autonomous gets wincon of outnumbering do you see any holes here I dont want to screw things up cause I misread the rules

I don't think this works? I think we need to trigger specifically the village Sudden Death. Or at least that is the much easier way without you finagling things with your kill.

@Ashbringer?

10 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Hmm JNV used their vessel action + ruinous kill on Walin while Walin killed the Avatar RIP

I’m guessing TBB has Autonomy now, or should have it this cycle

Well, 1 of those predictions is right.

So.

Care for a battle of wits? :D

25 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

TKN needs to use the shardic powers thrice for it to turn into a conversion, and intent conversion is after the exe in the OoA so I dont think the conversion will go through before the game ends?

Very good question. I believe, some clarifications I've gotten indicate that this isn't so much a problem, fortunately. The game can't end partways through the OOA. In fact, if a win state occurs momentarily in the OOA but is made no longer true by the end of the OOA, it doesn't count as a the game ending or a win for that team. Our lovely GMs could confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure how it works basically is that "check for win cons and declare game over" is last in the OOA, if you want to think of it like that. (As an aside, y'know, somebody somewhere and somewhen missed the trolling opportunity to name it order-of-operations with the acronym OOO :P)

What is a bit of a logistical complication is that if Autonomy hits outnumber today the village cannot win, because the Village can only win by either all Autonomous people dying (including converted ones) or by me specifically dying + all Shards being in containment. And all Shards being in containment takes longer than today can accomodate. Also, if we put all shards in containment, then Intent Converting is something that has to happen before doing that in the order of operations, so it probably can't be timed to end the game. So I believe the solution to this is a bit complicated.

There's also one more problem. Well, kind of.

I should note that I was the one who hit VOCALS, so that Autonomous wouldn't have a majority after we exe a villager today.

My current view of the plan involves me moving to Silverlight today, then VActioning a Shardic and putting Auto away on the same Turn. As far as I can tell, this is a surefire way to win, so it will be what I'm trying for until we decide otherwise.

3 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Well, 1 of those predictions is right.

So.

Care for a battle of wits? :D

Very good question. I believe, some clarifications I've gotten indicate that this isn't so much a problem, fortunately. The game can't end partways through the OOA. In fact, if a win state occurs momentarily in the OOA but is made no longer true by the end of the OOA, it doesn't count as a the game ending or a win for that team. Our lovely GMs could confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure how it works basically is that "check for win cons and declare game over" is last in the OOA, if you want to think of it like that. (As an aside, y'know, somebody somewhere and somewhen missed the trolling opportunity to name it order-of-operations with the acronym OOO :P)

What is a bit of a logistical complication is that if Autonomy hits outnumber today the village cannot win, because the Village can only win by either all Autonomous people dying (including converted ones) or by me specifically dying + all Shards being in containment. And all Shards being in containment takes longer than today can accomodate. Also, if we put all shards in containment, then Intent Converting is something that has to happen before doing that in the order of operations, so it probably can't be timed to end the game. So I believe the solution to this is a bit complicated.

There's also one more problem. Well, kind of.

So we yeet you today? :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Anyone? Battle of wits? :P

You got it

18 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

So we yeet you today? :ph34r:

That's certainly something you could decide to try. :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

You got it

Splendid! :D

Let's start with something very simple. The classics are classics for a reason.

Two glasses! :D

One on my side of the table, on one your side of the table.

One of them poisoned.

I've decided in advance which.

The answer is spoilered below:

Spoiler

'T\x0f\tA\x03\x1cI\x10\x03\x01S\x0c\x01\x00\x1d\x01\x00\r\x07\x10'

...yeah did I mention I also enciphered it :ph34r:

If you can decipher the answer, that counts as winning too.

Take your time, think out loud, ask questions of me... Or just flip a coin :P up to you.

Whatever your method, choose a glass to drink from.

The prize for participating in this game is... The next game :)

4 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

I don't think this works? I think we need to trigger specifically the village Sudden Death. Or at least that is the much easier way without you finagling things with your kill.

@Ashbringer?

It doesn’t work that simply, that’s for sure. Can’t have the 17th Shard elimination Win Condition trigger at the same time as the Autonomous Outnumber.

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Very good question. I believe, some clarifications I've gotten indicate that this isn't so much a problem, fortunately. The game can't end partways through the OOA. In fact, if a win state occurs momentarily in the OOA but is made no longer true by the end of the OOA, it doesn't count as a the game ending or a win for that team. Our lovely GMs could confirm or deny, but I'm pretty sure how it works basically is that "check for win cons and declare game over" is last in the OOA, if you want to think of it like that.

The first part is generally true, win conditions are at the end (which is relevant for a few things, including Avatar creation vs Avatar death).

The tricky part is… hmm.

In the hypothetical scenario where the last Autonomous player is exed the same turn a 17th Sharder attempts to Intent Convert to Autonomy, with no living SoU or AC, then what happens? Because that 17th Sharder would win with the 17th Shard, that turn, if not for Intent Conversion. And Intent Converison itself is at the bottom of the OoA/OoO.

I’m inclined to say that the Intent Conversion goes through and the 17th Shard win con goes unfulfilled, just because in other circumstances they wouldn’t necessarily know that would be happening. What happens at the end of the turn then depends on the end-of-OoA gamestate. Also I should check with Devo.

53 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

One of them poisoned.

Hide contents

Take your time, think out loud, ask questions of me... Or just flip a coin :P up to you.

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you. Are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemies? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I'm not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you, but you must have known I was not a great fool. You would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

Now, I have not remotely made my decision because iocaine comes from Australia as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

But wait till I get going! Now where was I? Ah yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powders origins, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me. 

Now you clearly think I'm just stalling now, but you'd be wrong.

You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could have put the poison in your own goblet, trusting in your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

But you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must've studied, and in studying, you must have that learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me!

And now you've revealed it. You've given everything away! I know where the poison is! 

And I choose— what in the world can that be? 

-->

Maybe!

I still await Stick's choice before the suspensful and heartpounding conclusion of this battle can unfurl.

But to anyone else you can make your choice as well :D there's plenty of poison to go around! Place your bets, pick a cup, and when the time is ripe the truth will be revealed for all!

Edited by DrakeMarshall

8 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

One of them poisoned.

Reveal hidden contents

Okay ;eyes; I flipped a coin

Your cup is poisoned, so I drink from mine

Spoiler

image.png

I promise it didnt take me 7 hours to flip a coin though I just went to bed :ph34r:

Also smh looks like we cant win the easy way so putting shards back in containment should be the priority I think? After we kill drake that is

21 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

im so confused. if yall want to me do something specifically just tag me. assuming were not killing drake this day?

I dunno! :D

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Okay ;eyes; I flipped a coin

Your cup is poisoned, so I drink from mine

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I promise it didnt take me 7 hours to flip a coin though I just went to bed :ph34r:

Also smh looks like we cant win the easy way so putting shards back in containment should be the priority I think? After we kill drake that is

Splendid! A leap of faith!

The answer is "the poison is in the glass closer to you" :ph34r:

The code I posted before was this string, chopped in half and then the two halves xor'd together. Not impossible to decode but not trivial either.

Anyways, as previously mentioned, for this round, the prize of participating was... The next game :D And participate you certainly did.

Good things always come in threes :ph34r: For round two, how about two truths and a lie?

I've already picked mine. But since I made the first move on the poison game, you first this time :P

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

im so confused. if yall want to me do something specifically just tag me. assuming were not killing drake this day?

@|TJ| we are killing Drake today, Autonomy has been passed to TKN

48 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Splendid! A leap of faith!

The answer is "the poison is in the glass closer to you" :ph34r:

The code I posted before was this string, chopped in half and then the two halves xor'd together. Not impossible to decode but not trivial either.

Anyways, as previously mentioned, for this round, the prize of participating was... The next game :D And participate you certainly did.

Good things always come in threes :ph34r: For round two, how about two truths and a lie?

I've already picked mine. But since I made the first move on the poison game, you first this time :P

it seems i am simply too good at this game, i definitely meant to poison myself

Spoiler

1. I had fried chicken for breakfast

2. I have read every word of the LG95 rules doc

3. My GM PM has nearly 300 messages 

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

@|TJ| we are killing Drake today, Autonomy has been passed to TKN

it seems i am simply too good at this game, i definitely meant to poison myself

Hide contents

1. I had fried chicken for breakfast

2. I have read every word of the LG95 rules doc

3. My GM PM has nearly 300 messages 

#1 is obviously the lie

Okay here's mine:

1. I've been working with the village so far because because I offered a deal, which Walin accepted on behalf of the village.

2. Walin isn't a villager.

3. Whimsy has breached containment :ph34r:

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

#1 is obviously the lie

Okay here's mine:

1. I've been working with the village so far because because I offered a deal, which Walin accepted on behalf of the village.

2. Walin isn't a villager.

3. Whimsy has breached containment :ph34r:

Aha!! It's #3- wait o_o That's two lies, sir. SMH.

gg walin, I wonder why he didn't just try to make you win with the Hoidites, I mean it was definitely possible

Anyway my lie was #3, my GM PM has less than 30 posts

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Aha!! It's #3- wait o_o That's two lies, sir. SMH.

gg walin, I wonder why he didn't just try to make you win with the Hoidites, I mean it was definitely possible

Anyway my lie was #3, my GM PM has less than 30 posts

Hey 30 is clearly "nearly" 300 its just one character of difference :P

Anyways, it is not two lies SMH.

I made my overall stance clear at various points, I suppose.

I am your friendly neighborhood Serial Killer. I am publicly the bad guy of this game.

I am somebody who dislikes joint victories on principle. Yes, I'd like my friends to win, but not if it means making the game boring.

If there is no challenge, then it's my role to create challenge! Who else is gonna do it, if not the friendly neighborhood murderpuppy :P

But I am also somebody who keeps his deals.

And I made a deal.

When Walin showed up announcing intentions to vote, I figured I might not have enough votes to overwhelm the village by force. So I went with Plan B -- offering an approach for a joint win with the village. The plan was simple: if the village accepted my deal, we would go about trying to win together. If they did not, then I would fight to the last. And Walin accepted my deal, so that was that.

...or so we thought. Araris flipping village was a warning sign that things weren't quite as they seemed. Thing is, Walin's not actually a villager. There is no deal with the village. Never has been. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the village was perhaps a little too content to rest on a proffered pact that in multiple ways barely scraped by :P

(Also, JNV has won. So there is no strict need to prolong the game any longer, as far as I'm concerned.)

And if I'm not bound by any particular commitments... Then I will do what I want :ph34r:

And what I want right now, is to go for round 3 in our battle of wits :)

You decide the terms of the contest, I will accept them, if they are fair.

It can be just you or I can face off against multiple villagers.

The stakes -- the fate of the cosmere :D

15 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Hey 30 is clearly "nearly" 300 its just one character of difference :P

Anyways, it is not two lies SMH.

I made my overall stance clear at various points, I suppose.

I am your friendly neighborhood Serial Killer. I am publicly the bad guy of this game.

I am somebody who dislikes joint victories on principle. Yes, I'd like my friends to win, but not if it means making the game boring.

If there is no challenge, then it's my role to create challenge! Who else is gonna do it, if not the friendly neighborhood murderpuppy :P

But I am also somebody who keeps his deals.

And I made a deal.

When Walin showed up announcing intentions to vote, I figured I might not have enough votes to overwhelm the village by force. So I went with Plan B -- offering an approach for a joint win with the village. The plan was simple: if the village accepted my deal, we would go about trying to win together. If they did not, then I would fight to the last. And Walin accepted my deal, so that was that.

...or so we thought. Araris flipping village was a warning sign that things weren't quite as they seemed. Thing is, Walin's not actually a villager. There is no deal with the village. Never has been. Not to put too fine a point on it, but the village was perhaps a little too content to rest on a proffered pact that in multiple ways barely scraped by :P

(Also, JNV has won. So there is no strict need to prolong the game any longer, as far as I'm concerned.)

And if I'm not bound by any particular commitments... Then I will do what I want :ph34r:

And what I want right now, is to go for round 3 in our battle of wits :)

You decide the terms of the contest, I will accept them, if they are fair.

It can be just you or I can face off against multiple villagers.

The stakes -- the fate of the cosmere :D

Looks like the fate of the cosmere will be decided on game of hang man then. You vs village

Spoiler

What makes us tick? How “big science” is helping us ...

... also smh Frost's conversion blocker being a night-only action is discriminatory 

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Looks like the fate of the cosmere will be decided on game of hang man then. You vs village

Hide contents

What makes us tick? How “big science” is helping us ...

... also smh Frost's conversion blocker being a night-only action is discriminatory 

Hangman :P

Yeah okay that's funny :P

Let's do this then.

I'm picking the challenge, I take it? Seeing as its me vs. the village, I take it the village is the one guessing.

Spoiler

hangman1.png