23 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Congrats to Stick for making the best damn quote of this game by far :)

Miles, miles above the murderpuppy quote. 100% relatable. Made me laugh so much I kept making typos and Drake finally asked me if I was having a stroke.

Well I meant it xD I wasn’t looking forward to like another week of dragging the game out in that way with those terms.
That said, I wasn’t going to throw the game and was definitely planing on voting wherever Szeth wanted to vote but…I forgor (read: slept through all my alarms). I was lying about any vote manip though so there’s that :P Didn’t technically throw the game since it wouldn’t have made a difference :ph34r:

Congrats to the autonomous and ruin for the well deserved win! And thanks to ash and Aman for GMing

Edit:

also, Lynch @DrakeMarshall

Edited by _Stick_

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Well I meant it xD I wasn’t looking forward to like another week of dragging the game out in that way with those terms.

Don't worry, sis

That quote struck a chord in my heart

It, too, awoke something demonic in me :ph34r:

Drake knows.

Thank you @Ashbringer, @Amanuensis, and @Devotary of Spontaneity for the excellent game. This was a whole lot of fun overall, and I think my first neutral win.

It was hard, trying to decide if I should make either team win. In the end, at 10:59, I just panicked and put in the order. I leave for a place without reception on the 6th anyways, so it was good that we finished when we did.

Figured Drake deserved the win more than anyone this game, though I wish Kas could be on that podium with us.

And my guess, placed in the Roshar doc at like 30 minutes til rollover @DrakeMarshallis Lynch (I think Stick also guessed it, but I got there first).

16 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sir, u didn't even see through Stick 

I lost a bet

u don't get to give me this

sir that sounds like a you problem, I won most of my bets this game :P

14 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

That said, I wasn’t going to throw the game and was definitely planing on voting wherever Szeth wanted to vote but…I forgor (read: slept through all my alarms). I was lying about any vote manip though so there’s that :P Didn’t technically throw the game since it wouldn’t have made a difference :ph34r:

Congrats to the autonomous and ruin for the well deserved win! And thanks to ash and Aman for GMing

Edit:

also, Lynch @DrakeMarshall

yeah no I'm with Kas tho that quote was solid gold

and I was not eager to drag things out either

and yes! :) you got it right :)

9 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Thank you @Ashbringer, @Amanuensis, and @Devotary of Spontaneity for the excellent game. This was a whole lot of fun overall, and I think my first neutral win.

It was hard, trying to decide if I should make either team win. In the end, at 10:59, I just panicked and put in the order. I leave for a place without reception on the 6th anyways, so it was good that we finished when we did.

Figured Drake deserved the win more than anyone this game, though I wish Kas could be on that podium with us.

And my guess, placed in the Roshar doc at like 30 minutes til rollover @DrakeMarshallis Lynch (I think Stick also guessed it, but I got there first).

Yes you guessed it from the "y" :P I was impressed.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

sir that sounds like a you problem, I won most of my bets this game :P

sir I was betting on u

u did this

u

>:(

smdfh

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

yeah no I'm with Kas tho that quote was solid gold

Spoiler

Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well | Know Your Meme

And thanks, TKN, but no thanks. I'm content with having lost this game and didn't want to win.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

And thanks, TKN, but no thanks. I'm content with having lost this game and didn't want to win.

Regardless of whether or not you wanted to win, wished you were up there. You deserve it more than I did, I think.

But as you wish. :)

Just now, The Known Novel said:

Regardless of whether or not you wanted to win, wished you were up there. You deserve it more than I did, I think.

But as you wish. :)

If it makes you feel better - in a world where I went through with helping Drake, I explicitly stated I didn't want to win because I would have betrayed both Drake and my faction by MLing you and buying Drake the time for JNV to go through with it. It probably wouldn't have meant much to the players on my team I'd burned on the way, including you, but the least I could do was to take the L with them.

Despite not having gone through with it, I feel the fact I backstabbed every single player including JNV over the course of a Day and a Night means I'm fundamentally not comfortable with any outcome that didn't involve me losing. Thank you, but I'm happy to have lost.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

sir I was betting on u

u did this

u

>:(

smdfh

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, I See You're a Man of Culture As Well | Know Your Meme

Sir u r one to talk, I made u lose but at least I also made Stick win :P

You somehow managed to make us both lose a bet :P

I bet you would live, you bet you would die, and then you went and did neither :P

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

As you did point out to me when I said no, many players would be champing at the bit for the opportunity. My reply would be the same reply I gave to Wilson years ago, I suppose. That and the fact your powers of corruption aren't really quite there yet, sir :eyes:

Welp, I was right you got the offer at least XD. I became kinda convinced you'd joined team autonomy after my sudden death.

The start of another age of Autonomy indeed.

I'd complain about inactivity, but honestly, I'm pretty sure there were enough votes cast to have just executed Drake the moment he started openwolfing, so this loss can't be blamed on inactivity.

Overall, a good play by Drake and TBB.

Also, I want it on record that both teams actively chose not to convert me, so next time I'm in a conversion game the villagers should keep that in mind. And the elims should remember I'm a great low-profile conversion target :P

4 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Welp, I was right you got the offer at least XD. I became kinda convinced you'd joined team autonomy after my sudden death.

Other way around: I approached Drake with - not an offer, I'd wanted to negotiate for a joint victory, but I told him I wanted to Intent Convert to neutral or leave the game because I felt very torn between my duty to him and my duty to my fellow Villagers. He made a full offer to defect to his team. I was not really comfortable with it. A lot of backstabbing ensued in which I stabbed Drake and JNV in the back, then felt awful and like a real arse about it, and then compensatorily stabbed the Village in the back, sort of tried to get TBB lynched, felt awful about that and then sort of just noped out of the game.

So you're not really wrong but not really right either, it was just Complicated.

Tbh I'm a straight-shooter, not really cut out for faction games when my bros all fighting then no matter what I do I hurt/betray someone. 

The IM's advice to me at that point was to pick who I was willing to hurt more. I really appreciated it, just didn't think I was in the right headspace as it became functionally about ensuring any choice hurt me the most, which was not healthy either nor a good metric.

Enough said, I think. It's just that Threnody is long and I wanted to set the record straight that it wasn't really about backstabbing per se for me. It was about wanting to do right by my team and also by Drake.

4 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Also, I want it on record that both teams actively chose not to convert me, so next time I'm in a conversion game the villagers should keep that in mind. And the elims should remember I'm a great low-profile conversion target :P

Why is everyone in this game mugging for conversion smdh >:P It was legit the last thing I wanted.

Edited by Kasimir

Welp I guess the Shardic alliance prevails congrats to Drake my buddy and Novel my buddys successor and all the kids village well you can never truly account for defectors I would have pursued the joint victory it was all very exciting but oh well I still won as Holy Ruin Destroyer of Worlds

Kas in my heart I dont think you backstabbed me or at least unless you did something I dont remember but still if youre just talking about the shot then I agreed to that and theres nothing you can say thatll convince me it was your fault

Wish I could say I had fun this game but you can’t love em all I guess. Thanks Ash for running it anyway :P Sorry to my team for converting them, though it’s not like the village won without them, so whatever :P.

All my other thoughts are in the dead doc but if you read that please read them all because they evolve with the changing information as the game progressed. Thanks

We need signups for both upcoming games still, right?

Edit: wait hold up @Ashbringer is that a Doorman like my Doorman from LGwhatever or is that just a coincidence :ph34r: 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Finally get to talk about this. Imagine you're villager me, going into a Day Four where due to some erratic play and meta reasons, you're a surefire candidate for the exe. Now imagine you open up your GM PM to find

you've been converted. On Day Four. 

My brain broke and my best defense was 'there's no way I've been converted because that would be extraordinarily unwise!'. Because that's the truth. 

DeTess, I have no idea why you weren't ever converted because I was dead before I had the chance to ask questions. :P. 

Anyway, shoutout to Ash for running a lovely game, and Devo for IMing it. But I think the biggest thank you goes to Aman for stepping in to check the rules and coGM. It was very appreciated. 

Congrats on the win, Autobots and JNV. 

Edited by Archer

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Finally get to talk about this. Imagine you're villager me, going into a Day Four where due to some erratic play and meta reasons, you're a surefire candidate for the exe. Now imagine you open up your GM PM to find

My brain broke and my best defense was 'there's no way I've been converted because that would be extraordinarily unwise!'. Because that's the truth. 

RIP bro.

3 hours ago, JNV said:

Kas in my heart I dont think you backstabbed me or at least unless you did something I dont remember but still if youre just talking about the shot then I agreed to that and theres nothing you can say thatll convince me it was your fault

I'm still talking about the shot, and I think we're just going to have to disagree, Holy Ruin. 

For my part, anything that needs to be said has been in the dead doc, in my exile doc (yep I got caught in traffic...) or in the thread. I do not recommend reading Threnody as it long and increasingly incoherent and I'm not sure N5-D6 Kas even understood what he was doing at points and a lot of this is me doing the thing in the Matrix where you've made the choice then seek to understand why you make it.

Oh, and I suppose, the one meme that summarises my entire experience with this game:

Spoiler

Originally I had a lot of issues with Jyou’s dilemma, especially him questioning why they were chosen. Because he got over that question in adventure, so much so that in 02 he delivers one of my favourite lines “People call us the Chosen Children,...

Oh yeah, thanks for GMing Ash and Aman. Was a ride. And thanks for replacing me Stick. Every cycle your posts gave me something to LOL over, whether it was "cheeky Endowment breach," "bye bye murderpuppy," or "demonic awakening."

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Sorry about that. My choices got increasingly more kayana as I got more tired and lost having as much time for the game. 

Thanks for your help Archer! I just didn't have the energy or really time to do it effectively.

I nearly made a PM with Mat or Drake instead of with Kas. I wonder how different it would have been if I did that. Perhaps a bit more backstabbing :P.

Thanks to Devo and Ash for running it! Twas a good experience. Just need to remember learned lessons.

And you too Aman for all that you did! Good thing you weren't a player or you'd have been my first convert choice >:P

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

And thanks for replacing me Stick. Every cycle your posts gave me something to LOL over, whether it was "cheeky Endowment breach," "bye bye murderpuppy," or "demonic awakening."

glad to have been of service:P

16 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

@Ashbringer, @Amanuensis, could I just get one or two of the longish docs? I realize you're busy, but I would like to get a start on reading them.

All the docs are linked in the last page of the spreadsheet I've put in the doc links spoiler box. Ash will clean up the world docs later, but for now they're still separate.