Shadesmar fighting.

The Stormfather

I was thinking about theives in shadesmar and I realized that some of the less helpful usually feruchemy can be used welll for shadesmar fighting.

Imagine a twinborn, A-steel, for moving quickly, and F-cadmium, which stores breath. If they were in a fight in shadesmar, they could use coins to go through the ocean if they had stored up enough breath.

Cadmium compounding would also be great for shadesmar fighting, if you have an allomantic grenade.

Free movement through the ocean and being able to trap your enemies in slow time? 

Maybe only a full feruchemist could do it because you'd need to be strong to push through the beads, and it might hurt you with that weight on your shoulders.

Maybe A pewterarm/cadmium ferring could walk across the bottom of the ocean, or a full ferruchemist using gold, pewter and cadmium.

ANy thought?

other Ideas for shadesmar fighting?

3 hours ago, stormform wert said:

I was thinking about theives in shadesmar and I realized that some of the less helpful usually feruchemy can be used welll for shadesmar fighting.

Imagine a twinborn, A-steel, for moving quickly, and F-cadmium, which stores breath. If they were in a fight in shadesmar, they could use coins to go through the ocean if they had stored up enough breath.

Cadmium compounding would also be great for shadesmar fighting, if you have an allomantic grenade.

Free movement through the ocean and being able to trap your enemies in slow time? 

Maybe only a full feruchemist could do it because you'd need to be strong to push through the beads, and it might hurt you with that weight on your shoulders.

Maybe A pewterarm/cadmium ferring could walk across the bottom of the ocean, or a full ferruchemist using gold, pewter and cadmium.

ANy thought?

other Ideas for shadesmar fighting?

I don't think it would be that easy to walk on the bottom of mists, easier than beads, but still hard.

On Scadrial you need something invested to swim on mists, a full metalmind and incredible balance should work.

A-steek F-cadmium Twinborn won't work - coins would sink to the bottom of mists seas, no anchor to push.

F-iron might be useful, store as much of your weight as possible and you might be able to walk on mists seas, because your body is invested, just too low and too heavy so it sinks.

The best idea is to stay on land. 

20 minutes ago, stormform wert said:

My idea for steelpushing was to put coins on the bottom of the “ocean”and push off, then slowly sink down. I think the scadrian part of shadesmar it would be much easier, and a pewter arm gasper could do it.

Steelpush has a very limited range. No more than the height of the Luthadel wall, dozens of meters at best. It would be so much to reach the bottom of the sea. Slowly sinking down would work without any coins.

You shouldn't sink into the sea, you might not be able to get out, especially if land is far away. Even with F-pewter or A-pewter, you wouldn't be able to move very fast (especially with F-pewter, the stronger you are the slower you get, and pushing the weight of the entire ocean above you requires a lot of strength) so that’s no so practical. 

It would be very difficult, but I think a coinshot gasper could go through the ocean small distances.

They could put a piece of metal larger than a coin on the side of a peninsula, and then push.

after that they would do regular old steelpushing up at an angle.

It would be much faster than walking and taking roundabout ways to get to places if you were able to cross small parts of the ocean.