Dnd, but also cows? and maybe lizards?

The Stormfather

Just now, Stormform said:

I don't have access to the character sheet.

This is a tiefling at the tavern, the main NPC:

I was born at a young age, cast away from parents who didn't want a tiefling child. I went to the scholar's guild, broke and hungry, who paid me in return to giving them information on tieflings and demons, also improving their infernal speech. I made fast friends with Ifilat, Another tiefling, a guard of the guildhouse in the capital. We studied demons and devils together many a time. I made an enemy of Baphomet in my studies. A scholar, his name escapes me, summoned a demon to ask it a question. That demons happened to be a balor, one of baphomet's servants who was on an urgent mission, and was disrupted. The other scholars were killed, and Me, Ifilat, and seldom few others of the guild of three hundred escaped the wrath of the Balor. After that, I ran away from the capital, finding myself In an un-named little group of houses by a river, staying with them and finding ancient texts buried deep beneath the ground. Those texts hold the incantations to grant boons and features to different classes, of varying strength, A spell known as Improve upon skills I was hunted down by " Archeologists" who wanted the texts to sell to a collector. I ran from that unnamed village, hiding out in the bush for several years. I befriended many animals, most notably my familiar "Hoothydi" a snowy owl. I then went out, searching for remnants of the long-gone scholar's guild, But baphomet got to them first. I found three of them, dead, and hunted down the imp that did it, leading royal soldiers to the imp, who had called upon four of it's kind. Two royal soldiers died facing the group of demons, and upon one of them I found my elmwood bow, Crimson. I ran from there, hiding for another month, sneaking around imps, with three royal soldiers, Aki, Eresa, and Tirar. From there, we split ways after no demons came after me for a year, and I wandered until I found myself in the tavern In Shinim.

Is there a TL;DR for that?

3 minutes ago, Stormform said:

This is the next 9th post, but I just put my backstory. @Justice_Magician How do you see yer backstory on the character sheet?

What is your backstory?

I put it in a spoiler on the same post as my character sheet, but yeah, it should also be on my character sheet in the notes section.

2 minutes ago, Stormform said:

Ok cool. Thx.

The town has only the one avern and really nowhere else to stay. Is everyone at the tavern?

Yep! were you able to access my character sheet?

Edited by Justice_Magician

Cool. you notice  a strange tiefling off to the side drinking, three dwarves having a drinking contest, some waiters bringing out food, and about six or seven humans chatting at the bar. Tieflings, in case you didn't know, are demon-people. this one has pure golden eyes and two twisting horns, along with a long snakelike tail.

3 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

okaaaaaaay, here is my character sheet, hopefully I did everything correctly:

https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/104662238

(I hope the link works)

Backstory:

Reveal hidden contents

One day, when he was small lad, while playing outside he ran into a witch. He made a really bad pun in front of the witch, thus angering her. She cursed him to always make terrible jokes every chance he got, for the rest of his life. When his family found out, they insisted he pursue the life of an entertainer, thinking he could make lots of good money. They seemed to miss the fact that he can only make *bad* jokes. So he set out, despite not really having an interest in the performing arts, to become a world famous comedian. And hopefully not die along the way.

Just btw, I would recommend you get some damage-dealing cantrip like vicious mockery (Puns so bad they cause damage to the mind?) and possibly some sort of damage dealing 1st level spell, though it's not really necessary. Also, you didn't equip your weapons or armor (Go to inventory and press that hollow square).

I dunno, it's the first character builder I found.

What's your suggestion? Roll20? what's that?

I've been suggested https://aurorabuilder.com/, but idk how to use it, and it requires a PC. 

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It's not that bad. More like 30%, which is mostly DM stuff. Also homebrew, Homebrew sucks on DND beyond.
I do not count buying the books as a pay wall.

It's not great, but it's fine. 

it's quite easy as well.

Argenti have you made a character yet?

Yup let me link it
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/104536132
Meet Mask (Yes he's very edgy)

For most of his life, Mask was a dancer and actor from Menzoberranzan, born of a subservient house that had fallen on hard times. His family placed him into servitude as a performer as part of a ploy to gain traction. He hated being forced to entertain the priestess, hated how they held their power over his head. One day, during one of his performances, he had a vision. He saw a shadowy void in which a blade floated. No, not a sword. The Sword. The result of the countless ideas of what a blade should be collapsed into a single form. Given substance by the collective belief and strong in the Underdark, where the drow feared a knife lurking in every shadow. Mask tripped, disturbed by what he saw. A guard dragged him off stage when the vision appeared in front of him again. This time, overcome by a sudden knowledge of wielding it, he reached out and took hold of the shadowy blade.
    Power surged through him, and a slithering voice went through his mind. "Show Them" The guard who held him was knocked onto his back shortly before Mask's blade went through his throat. Chaos erupted as he leaped from the stage, his newfound power guiding him toward the priestess who had watched him captive for so long. Mask ended her life with cold determination, severing the chains that bound him. With the deed done, Mask's mind raced with thoughts of the consequences that would surely follow. He knew that his brethren would hunt him down, seeking to punish him for disgracing his bloodline. Realizing that there was no haven for him within the confines of the Underdark, Mask made a fateful decision. He swore never to utter his name again, forsaking his blood and family. He fled the surface world, donning mask after mask (Hence the name), trying to stay ahead of his pursuers. Through his wanderings, he ended up in the last place anyone would look, Shinim.

2 hours ago, Argenti said:

Just btw, I would recommend you get some damage-dealing cantrip like vicious mockery (Puns so bad they cause damage to the mind?) and possibly some sort of damage dealing 1st level spell, though it's not really necessary. Also, you didn't equip your weapons or armor (Go to inventory and press that hollow square).

thanks for the advice! I've never built a character with this site lol