Troll spamming edits on the wiki

Firesong

user 75.163.21.106 is spamming edits on the Kelsier page for purposes of spam and trolling, can somebody please take care of them, I can't even undo their edits as they are splitting it into so many. Joshua is definitely the same person, they are doing similar edits. 

Managed to fix the page, but some Keeper needs to ban them fast, they are definitely malicious and there is no good faith to be had. They said gemmel and Kelsier had intercourse, before deleting the entire page. 

@Starwatcher

Feel I should be pinging Keepers and such to get this done as fast as we can. 

Annoyed that I was trying to go to sleep to be forced to get up and fix this because some immature child decided to vandalize things.

Edit: Thank you LadyLameness, but shouldn't the IP address be blocked as well instead of just the Joshua account? 

Edited by Firesong

2 minutes ago, LadyLameness said:

Thanks for the heads up, it should be dealt with now. :) Really appreciate the speedy contact

No problem, I just have the emails sent to me whenever a change occurs, and I check them. So I noticed it instantly. 

But yeah, again, make sure you get  75.163.21.106 as well. Just to make sure they don't keep doing it. As that is the account (or lack thereof) they were doing most of the trolling on. (not sure why people troll using their IP Addresses, seems like a bad idea)

I've put a temporary lock on that I.P so he can't do anything else tonight - with Cloudfare the I.P's get randomized so we can't actually block them long term as they can end up being assigned to actual users who then can't access their accounts anymore (this happened to me once!)

• 4 weeks later...

New one: @Starwatcher@LadyLameness

(wish it was possible to report people easier on the wiki itself, would make calling attention to it faster.)

Also, can somebody try talking to 31.188.222.83‎? They don't seem like a troll at all, they just seem to not fully understand the wiki. Putting spoiler information on spoiler redirect pages, or replacing uses of Nightblood with "Szeth's sword-nimi."

Edited by Firesong

Blocked the first IP address. To be honest, I'm not sure a place to report people on-wiki would actually get things handled faster, since reports in places like here or Discord (where all Keepers can be tagged at once) are more likely to be seen by a Keeper quickly.

Don't really have the time right now to engage with that second IP, but if someone else wants to try to talk with them, I think that's fine.

• 4 weeks later...