Would Vin and Elend have had kids?

Silver Phantom

(Spoiler warning for Mistborn era 1)

I got to thinking a little bit ago about this and would love to here everyone’s thoughts.

If things had worked out differently so that Sazed fixed everything but both Vin and Elend survived, do you think they would have had kids? Also for fun what would there names be?

I personally think yes but not for a few years and even then probably only one. As for names maybe Kelsier for a boy and Mare for a girl

Edited by Mistbornfan

9 hours ago, Mistbornfan said:

(Spoiler warning for Mistborn era 1)

I got to thinking a little bit ago about this and would love to here everyone’s thoughts.

If things had worked out differently so that Sazed fixed everything but both Vin and Elend survived, do you think they would have had kids? Also for fun what would there names be?

I personally think yes but not for a few years and even then probably only one. As for names maybe Kelsier for a boy and Mare for a girl

Yes, they certainly would, I think more than one. Both Kelsier and Mare are good names, Dox or Clubs too or naming them after any member of their group. Elend might want Tindwyl, as there were no other meaningful people in his life. Vin might choose Reen, despite his abusive behavior, he had never betrayed her and died protecting her, which was important to her.

4 hours ago, alder24 said:

Yes, they certainly would, I think more than one. Both Kelsier and Mare are good names, Dox or Clubs too or naming them after any member of their group. Elend might want Tindwyl, as there were no other meaningful people in his life. Vin might choose Reen, despite his abusive behavior, he had never betrayed her and died protecting her, which was important to her.

I have to disagree with the Reen as name. Yes, she does still love him and she knows he never betrayed her, but I think she wouldn’t wont one of her kids to share the name. She would want to move past what he had done to her and naming a kid after him just feels wrong to me

7 hours ago, Mistbornfan said:

I have to disagree with the Reen as name. Yes, she does still love him and she knows he never betrayed her, but I think she wouldn’t wont one of her kids to share the name. She would want to move past what he had done to her and naming a kid after him just feels wrong to me

I can see where you're coming from, but naming a child after Reen just seems like forgiveness and a final acknowledgment of everything he did for her. Reen was still young when he had to deal with the responsibility of protecting his sister from criminals and thieves, not to mention trying to keep her from being tracked down and brutally slaughtered by the Inquisitors. All his abusive behavior pounded incredibly useful instincts and habits into Vin, and he left even comfortable or profitable situations to keep her safe when the Inquisitors came close. He could have abandoned her time and time again, but though he threatened it to keep her on her toes, he never did. Even when he got captured by the Inquisitors and tortured for days on end, he never gave up that she still lived. The instincts he instilled in Vin helped her a lot. He saved her from their mother, took her safety upon himself, and never failed her. Given his age, lack of resources, and the burdens he was bearing, he did an unfathomably good job. 

Edited by Underwater_Worldhopper