Cosmere reread order and questions after the reread

The flying spider

Question

57 minutes ago, The flying spider said:

So it's been awhile I just checked it was actually only 2 weeks I have been reading a bit slower but I finished alloy of law and shadows of self which were truly great ( especially shadows ) I have one question shadows takes place in 2 or three days and it seems that each night  the mists are out when in era 2 it's only out once in a week or 2 am I wrong?

In Era 2, the Mists are unpredictable and inconsistent - but there is also a Vessel holding the powers again so Harmony can also use them to keep an eye on events and take some small action. WoB and Coppermind:

Spoiler

Chaos

Do all three Metallic Arts still exist after the events of the book? Are Allomancy and Hemalurgy slightly degenerated now that Ruin and Preservation are dead, or does Allomancy still draw upon Preservation's power (just held with Sazed now)?

Brandon Sanderson

Allomancy, Feruchemy, and Hemalurgy all work as they once did. However, now they are more directly affected by the presence or absence of the mists, which will slowly return to the world but not be of the extent they once were. (The mists are now an extent of Sazed's power, and where they roam, he is better able to influence things. There will also be two kinds of mists.)

After Sazed picked up both Shards, becoming Harmony, more than one type of mist began appearing, and the mists no longer obscured the land every night.[7] There are now two types of mists: a darker mist representing Ruin and a lighter mist representing Preservation.[7] The mists appear to have become a more localized phenomenon, only covering a section of land each night instead of the whole land.[7] The mists no longer Snap people as they once did, and it is unknown how this is done now. Due to the fact that Harmony disliked how Snapping worked before, it now functions differently.[31][32]

It's not "one night each week" - it's simply "not every night" and it could be multiple nights in a row, or weeks without any mists in a specific area.

You are meant to notice the change here though. I think it was meant to imply Sazed was following Wax's pursuit of Bleeder rather closely. . .

Sorry I haven't been updating things here have been pretty scary lately just five minutes ago rockets were shot and my class had to go to a shelter.🙁 So I finished  Bands of Mourning and way of kings too both were awesome especially stormlight I can't really think of questions now but I do have one why did kabsal as a ghostblood not have more proof of the almighty it show it to shall an?

Edited by The flying spider

45 minutes ago, The flying spider said:

Sorry I haven't been updating things here have been pretty scary lately just five minutes ago rockets were shot and my class had to go to a shelter.🙁 So I finished  Bands of Mourning and way of kings too both were awesome especially stormlight I can't really think of questions now but I do have one why did kabsal as a ghostblood not have more proof of the almighty it show it to shall an?

Hope you're safe.

What kind of proof do you expect him to have? He wasn't a real Ardent, he was just playing his role as one. He used knowledge that other Ardents possessed because he didn't want to sound suspicious to Jasnah, who knows more than others and would quickly figure out that this guy knows more than he should have. He wasn't there to convince Shallan or Jasnah, but to get closer to Jasnah and kill her.

Also Almighty as presented by Vorin religion isn't the most accurate representation of the Shard of Honor. As you know by finishing WoK, Honor is dead and that's not something that Kabsal should ever say to anybody, and it's in direct contradiction to Vorinism. Trying to say anything related to Shards would immediately alarm Jasnah as she is aware about them to some degree.

Also we don't really know where he came from, what he knew - he might not be aware of Shards yet, and simply didn't know the true nature of Honor.

9 minutes ago, alder24 said:

Hope you're safe.

What kind of proof do you expect him to have? He wasn't a real Ardent, he was just playing his role as one. He used knowledge that other Ardents possessed because he didn't want to sound suspicious to Jasnah, who knows more than others and would quickly figure out that this guy knows more than he should have. He wasn't there to convince Shallan or Jasnah, but to get closer to Jasnah and kill her.

Also Almighty as presented by Vorin religion isn't the most accurate representation of the Shard of Honor. As you know by finishing WoK, Honor is dead and that's not something that Kabsal should ever say to anybody, and it's in direct contradiction to Vorinism. Trying to say anything related to Shards would immediately alarm 😀Jasnah as she is aware about them to some degree.

Also we don't really know where he came from, what he knew - he might not be aware of Shards yet, and simply didn't know the true nature of Honor.

I guess you convinced me😀

So I finished a bunch of things:

Words of Radiance

Au on roshar edge dancer plus au on threnody and shadows for silence 

Oathbringer 

Au on Drominad and sixth of the dusk and just started dawnshard 

Questions: is the black smoke that rises from amaram after he swallowed the gemstone connected to nightblood? When dalinar open the penuclarity odem says we killed him who is he referring to and what is we? How big is the is the land in shadows for silence and how advanced are they? Hoe many kinds of Aviar are there not including mainland birds and what are there powers? The wobs about patji are confusing can someone summarize? How did talenal end up in thaylen city? That's it for now thank you.🙂

2 hours ago, The flying spider said:

Questions: is the black smoke that rises from amaram after he swallowed the gemstone connected to nightblood?

Kind of. Yelig-Nar consumes the soul of its host, just like Nightblood does. However that probably wasn't the black smoke - this smoke might be Yelig-Nar's Cognitive form, which was visible earlier in CR as the dark smoke. When Amaran was killed, Yelig-Nar escaped his corpse, and that was what this black smoke could be. Or it really was Amaram's consumed soul.

Spoiler

asmodeus

Do those consumed by Yelig-nar (like Aesudan, Amaram) appear briefly in Shadesmar after they die, but before they pass onto the beyond?

Brandon Sanderson

Yelig-nar consumes them entirely, like Nightblood.

Dragonsteel Mini-Con 2021 (Nov. 22, 2021)

OB ch 116:

The air around Venli—once crowded by the spirits of the dead—was now empty save for the single black figure of swirling smoke. She’d missed that one at first, as it was the size of a normal person. It stood near Odium, and she did not know what it represented.
[...]
She swallowed, then started hiking toward the city. The dark spirit followed, the one of swirling mists, the last who had yet to inhabit a body.

When dalinar open the penuclarity odem says we killed him who is he referring to and what is we?

RAFO! I wish we knew it.

How big is the is the land in shadows for silence and how advanced are they?

We don't know how big the land is, but we know there are 2 large continents on Threnody. The larger one, the homeland of humans known as the Fallen World, is now overrun by the Evil, and humanity was displaced from it into the second one, which is covered by the Forests of Hell and Shades. 

We don't know how advanced they are. Much of their technology was abandoned when they ran from the Fallen World. They do have gunpowder, but it's mostly useless because it enrages Shades. Threnodite technological progress is highly hindered by Shades. That's what we know.

Hoe many kinds of Aviar are there not including mainland birds and what are there powers?

RAFO! You should kind of figure this out by the end, Sak is the example of it - he isn't native to Patji, he was brought there and he gained the ability. We don't know what powers can Avairs have, but those are more or less similar to those we know from other books, like Mistborn. For example Sak has the power similar to A-electrum, while Kokerlii has the power similar to A-copper.

The wobs about patji are confusing can someone summarize?

Patji is a sentient being, invested by another Shard (Autonomy) to become her Avatar. Yes, the whole island is alive, but not like the Reshi Isle are. It's not one giant animal but rather a bunch of rock that became sentient due to investiture. You've read what Patji said - the second Oathbringer letter from Epigraphs (ch 42-51) was written by Patji. 

How did talenal end up in thaylen city?

Amaran took him at the end of WoR and he and his army was stationed in the city - he took Taln with him.

Edited by alder24

So I'm done, finished:

Dawnshard 

Rhythm of war 

The lost metal 

Tress of the emerald sea 

Yumi and the nightmare painter 

The sunlit man

It was over all really great and enjoyed every bit of and got me hyped for future books and was great to see all the cosmere connections.

Is there a page count for the cosmere any where?, because it would be cool to see the average of how much I read daily.

Right now I'm reading skyward to catch up to defiant and I'll see what I do after it.( you can offer books)

Edited by The flying spider

1 hour ago, The flying spider said:

Is there a page count for the cosmere any where?, because it would be cool to see the average of how much I read daily.

Indirectly, yes. The Cosmere Bibliography has all of the books, while each page linked there, like Elantris, has the book's page and word counts (in this case Page Count: 592, Word Count: 201,372)

1 hour ago, The flying spider said:

Right now I'm reading skyward to catch up to defiant and I'll see what I do after it.( you can offer books)

How about the Reckoners? Also, feel free to check out the Recommended Reading thread.

Note: Beware Rithmatist - it's great, but we've been waiting on the sequel for over a decade. . .