White sand omnibus delay

The flying spider

I ordered white sand omnibus from amazon and it was supposed to arrive August 2 to 3 but now for some reason it got delayed to November:(:( did this happen to anyone or does someone know if there out of stock?

Also I  know that the original people who bought it gor it 7 months late do you think it's connected?

Edited by Awakened rock stacker

11 minutes ago, Awakened rock stacker said:

I ordered white sand omnibus from amazon and it was supposed to arrive August 2 to 3 but now for some reason it got delayed to November:(:( did this happen to anyone or does someone know if there out of stock?

Also I  know that the original people who bought it gor it 7 months late do you think it's connected?

Seven months late? The Omnibus has not yet been available that long. Are they perhaps confusing a Pre-order with an Order?

The Omnibus went on sale on the Dynamite Website (exclusive) in January, for shipping in February (ebook available for download immediately). The Trade Paperback Omnibus is the only one shipping so far as I know. At least, I pre-ordered the Hardcover at the same time, and that has not yet shipped. I'm not sure if Amazon is actually selling these yet actually. I had heard some scammers on Amazon were posting the Volume 3 with the Omnibus cover to trick people into buying the wrong thing (though it could be another Amazon mistake, such as when they "updated" the Elantris eBook to show the 10th Anniversary cover - without actually updating the ebook to the 10th anniversary edition).

I guess it's also people that ordered from Dynamite are reselling on Amazon. Or maybe the exclusive timeframe has ended and Amazon does have the actual Omnibus, but there is a delay at Dynamite.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, The flying spider said:

I just checked Amazon and it's say it's going to update in April 2024 when originally it was supposed to arrive August 3 and I'm afraid it's just going to get more delayed has this been happening to anyone else?

Amazon is notorious for making up details randomly and cannot be trusted*. The only known reliable vendor for the Omnibus right now is Dynamite themselves (since they make it).

Example:

Spoiler

Extracted from an email (27 Jul 2022) between me and an Author's "contact us" page:

Me:  Can you share any updates for Curse of Krakens?

Some sources say it is due out Aug 2022 (Amazon), and some say Jun 2023 (Goodreads); but Del Rey's site has no information and I can't confirm which (if either) is correct.

Kevin Hearne: Neither date is correct because I haven’t finished writing it. Once I turn it in, they will pick an actual release date and I will make that plain on my website and social media.

Note: Final Release date - 7 Nov 2023. . . (soon)

Basically Amazon's MO is that their website will not allow blank data - so when they add a page for a future product - if they don't know something (cover image, release date, etc) they fill it in randomly with the expectation that it will be updated as information becomes available. I make it a personal policy to not trust any information on Amazon that is more than a month before release and, even then, only if I can find corroborating evidence.

1 minute ago, Treamayne said:

Amazon is notorious for making up details randomly and cannot be trusted*. The only known reliable vendor for the Omnibus right now is Dynamite themselves (since they make it).

Example:

Hide contents

Extracted from an email (27 Jul 2022) between me and an Author's "contact us" page:

Note: Final Release date - 7 Nov 2023. . . (soon)

Basically Amazon's MO is that their website will not allow blank data - so when they add a page for a future product - if they don't know something (cover image, release date, etc) they fill it in randomly with the expectation that it will be updated as information becomes available. I make it a personal policy to not trust any information on Amazon that is more than a month before release and, even then, only if I can find corroborating evidence.

Should I just wait for it to arrive or cancel the order and buy it from dynamite?

4 minutes ago, The flying spider said:

Should I just wait for it to arrive or cancel the order and buy it from dynamite?

If you reliably want it anytime soon, I would buy from Dynamite - then cancel your order when Dynamite's Omnibus arrives.

Note: I think the Softcover is the only one shipping now. Not sure of Hardciver status.

16 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

If you reliably want it anytime soon, I would buy from Dynamite - then cancel your order when Dynamite's Omnibus arrives.

Note: I think the Softcover is the only one shipping now. Not sure of Hardciver status.

Thanks that's a good idea I'm think I'm going to get the paperback. It say it will arrive in 10 business days it's just a shame I didn't order from them earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I ordered the omnibus May of 2023, directly from Dynamite--I never heard anything from them.

I sent a follow-up email in November of 2023 inquiring as to the status of the order--they never responded.

It is now March of 2024 and I'm starting to get extremely irritated.. and there's little that is worse for a company than an angry/frustrated lawyer, who doesn't have to worry about the costs of litigation because it's what they do for a living.

9 hours ago, Aleph-Naught said:

I ordered the omnibus May of 2023, directly from Dynamite--I never heard anything from them.

I sent a follow-up email in November of 2023 inquiring as to the status of the order--they never responded.

It is now March of 2024 and I'm starting to get extremely irritated.. and there's little that is worse for a company than an angry/frustrated lawyer, who doesn't have to worry about the costs of litigation because it's what they do for a living.

I was in a similar situation (ordered Feb 2023 - resolved Dec 2023) and realised when I called directly that they were having a problem with their email client and help desk system and had not been receiving any of my messages. The delay ended up being a problem with charging my credit card for the purchase.

On the phone they were very helpful and resolved everything in about 30 minutes. My book arrived in less than a week.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG