What is the sand lords deal?

Elite01

I've had this question for a while. Why did the Sand Lord command Elorin, to destroy the Diem and to stop using sand mastery? We know that Elorin was a supporter of the Diem until the sand lord appeared to him one day. After that encounter, he converted to the Ker'Reen faith. He stopped using sand mastery and helped betray the Diem. We know the Sand lord is an avatar of autonomy and while they have a measure of independence usually support Autonomy's goals. So the broad question is why does Autonomy's avatar want to stop the use of sand mastery? 

1 hour ago, Elite01 said:

Autonomy's goals. So the broad question is why does Autonomy's avatar want to stop the use of sand mastery? 

I've been thinking that Autonomy (and possibly the Sand Lord) don't so much want Sand Mastery to stop so much as they used this event to manipulate Kenton and the Diem. I mean look at what happened - the A'Kar was humiliated, the Diem was saved and received some changes it has needed and resisted for generations, popularity for Sand Mastery in Lossand is higher than ever and the surviving Sand Masters received a dose of humility. 

So, while I do believe the Sand Lord said that to Elorin, I don't think it actually reflects the Sand Lord's "relationship" with Sand Mastery.

18 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

I've been thinking that Autonomy (and possibly the Sand Lord) don't so much want Sand Mastery to stop so much as they used this event to manipulate Kenton and the Diem. I mean look at what happened - the A'Kar was humiliated, the Diem was saved and received some changes it has needed and resisted for generations, popularity for Sand Mastery in Lossand is higher than ever and the surviving Sand Masters received a dose of humility. 

So, while I do believe the Sand Lord said that to Elorin, I don't think it actually reflects the Sand Lord's "relationship" with Sand Mastery.

Very possible, we do know how manipulative they are, and how much they plan ahead.