Which magical "6th sense" would you rather have?

Which magical "6th sense" would you rather have?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Encompasses all downsides as well.

• Perfect lifesense / pitch / color recognitoon
    • Kelsier/ inquisitors H-steel sight
    • A-Bronze
    • A-Atium
    • A-Electrum
    • A-Gold
    • Others (please specify)

I've just realised that Atium is extremely rare and I'd never get my hands on it. Serves me right for not reading everything properly first. In light of the resource scarcity, I'd pick Life Sense/Perfect Pitch/Color Recognition.

15 minutes ago, Underwater_Worldhopper said:

I've just realised that Atium is extremely rare and I'd never get my hands on it. Serves me right for not reading everything properly first. In light of the resource scarcity, I'd pick Life Sense/Perfect Pitch/Color Recognition.

I feel it. I so badly wish I could envision a way to awaken some glass eye to give me atium sight.  Even if it fed off of investiture like nightblood and had to have an aluminum patch shut over it when not using it... it would be so dope. 

Alas atium stays rare and it is the only reason I find myself passing on it. 

I do love Kelsiers description of his new sight from his spike though.  

I would go lifesense and the 4th heightening in a heartbeat but I fear the world's coming after me for my store of breaths.  Perhaps being Returned has an advantage in that they have no store of breaths to give and maybe they wouldn't be hunted like I envision other awakeners being in the future.   

15 minutes ago, alder24 said:

No, you don't. But it's hard.

I'm taking perfect lifesense/pitch/color recognition, it's the best option and would make the whole world so much more awesome.

Since I am so very torn between the inquisitor level steel sight I have to ask... 

Does it offer vision in only the standard field of vision?  

I always assumed that steel sight was 360 degrees and being a huge fan of the byakugan.  If it doesn't grant the 360 view of axi then I will probably swap over to the lifesense.  But I thought allomancers could pull and push on things outside of their field of view because steel sight showed them everything metal around them.  

I also assumed that since the inquisitors steel sight was based off of those concepts it would open up a perfect field of view around them as well in which case I have to go for the hemalurgic spike.  

14 minutes ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

Since I am so very torn between the inquisitor level steel sight I have to ask... 

Does it offer vision in only the standard field of vision?  

I always assumed that steel sight was 360 degrees and being a huge fan of the byakugan.  If it doesn't grant the 360 view of axi then I will probably swap over to the lifesense.  But I thought allomancers could pull and push on things outside of their field of view because steel sight showed them everything metal around them.  

I also assumed that since the inquisitors steel sight was based off of those concepts it would open up a perfect field of view around them as well in which case I have to go for the hemalurgic spike.  

I would say only in front of you. You could look down at the center of your mass/self and see some lines moving, thus knowing someone is there, is getting closer or stuff like that, But I don't think it was ever said it's 360 degrees vision. Marsh in WoA was sneak attacked by Ham from Marsh's back, if Marsh had 360 degrees vision, he would have easily avoided that. And I remember inquisitors turning their heads to look directly at Kel/Vin.

34 minutes ago, alder24 said:

I would say only in front of you. You could look down at the center of your mass/self and see some lines moving, thus knowing someone is there, is getting closer or stuff like that, But I don't think it was ever said it's 360 degrees vision. Marsh in WoA was sneak attacked by Ham from Marsh's back, if Marsh had 360 degrees vision, he would have easily avoided that. And I remember inquisitors turning their heads to look directly at Kel/Vin.

That sums it up well. Thanks. Yeah I guess that brings me back to the 4th heightening bonuses again. 

I've got a few additions to magical senses. I see A-Tin is conspicuously absent, though we see them in conjunction with other abilities and not just sensing. Are we looking only at supernatural senses rather than enhancement of conventional senses?

Elsecaller or Lightweaver ability to look into Cognitive Realm.

Ability to read the "minds" of souls (Shadesmar but also Kelsier in SH).

Whatever supernatural thing that Shallan has where she sketches accurate depictions of things she has no normal way of knowing.

Willshaper ability to converse with stone.

Bondsmith Connection sense.

Aetherbound information gathering through Aether.

2 hours ago, Thanatos said:

Fun fact, we dont have only five senses.

Scientists cant agree on an exact number of senses we have, but agree we have between 22 to 33 senses.

So its a fact all humans have a 6th sense, and a 7th and a 8th etc etc etc.

The Brain Games episode (S7e5) on this is both fun and illuminating, though IIRC they mostly focus on senses like vestibular, proprioception and other somatosensory systems.