Woah! I exist?

Aismeen

Okay, so I've actually existed for a couple months now but I haven't been super active until recently, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a big cosmere fan (aren't we all?) I started reading the books two years ago when I saw a classmate reading The Way of Kings, which I had heard of but had never summoned up the courage to get into. I started off with Stormlight, despite how dauntingly big the books are (they are SO worth it!). Then I moved on to Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker, and so on. The only cosmere book I haven't read is White Sand 3 (I can't find it at the local library TwT). My favorite book is Oathbringer, but TotES is also SUPER GOOD. So is Yumi (coatrack!Hoid is the best). I also really loved Mistborn Era 2, especially The Lost Metal.

Outside of cosmere-ing, I'm a writer, an artist,  a cellist, and a full time student + water polo player + swimmer (water sports are my thing, apparently). This is unrelated, but two of my teachers (both in the physical science department) are Brandon Sanderson fans (one has let me borrow some cosmere books haha). I posted a singular picture of some of my art here but I really hope to post more in the future, especially cosmere fanart.

Other books I love: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, the Red Rising Saga by Pierce Brown, the Locked Tomb by Tamsyn Muir, This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal el-Mohtar and Max Gladstone, and probably other books that I can't think of at the moment...

Also this site is amazing. I still can't believe my favorite books have THIS BIG of a fanbase.

Aismeen out.

1 minute ago, Frissyn said:

Who's your favorite and least favorite Sanderson characters?

Jasnah is a personal favorite, but I don't really want to make up my mind until we see more of her. I also really like Renarin, Lift, Wayne, Marasi, and Tress. And Nightblood, of course. I can't resist a talking sword looking to destroy some evil.