Theory: Hoid is the Villain!

Turos

• 2 years later...

Umm..0?

The no killing policy ispretty much one of his defining feature.

Heck, the one time he breaks his no gun policy actually use a gun against Darkseid, he didn't even manage to kill him.

Unless you mean Batman is evil because he's too busy sticking to his "codes" and not finish Joker off, even knowing that he will eventually gets out and kill more people.

Not sure, but as per my conclusion after reading some coppermind topics and brandon interviews he is also a superpower like Adonalsium

Before Adonalsium shattered, was it consciously opposed by something, be it people or another cosmic force? Is whatever opposed it still around?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes. Yes.

That thing can only be HOID as HOID doesn't fits in the criteria of being called human for many reasons like :-

How old is Hoid? How long did it take to become that old?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Ha. Let's just say that he's far older than a human should be able to get.

How old is Hoid? Or better yet (to avoid any trickiness), how many years has he lived through?

BRANDON SANDERSON

He's been alive since Dragonsteel. However, he may not have spent all of that time awake and alert.

so maybe Adonalsium is the actual evil and HOID is on the side of good who is hunting adonalsium because it was behind the collapse of HOID's world. 

Or like The Thor Movie Adonalsium is the good guy who destroyed the dark world of HOID which in turn shattered Adonalsium and sent HOID in deep sleep and now after waking up HOID is taking revenge by destroying Adonalsium's world?

Wait does that make any sense? Maybe i should stop hanging out with HOID :ph34r:  :mellow:  

• 1 month later...

If that's the case, does that mean we are in a cosmere world? Does that make this the world of Hoid's origin? And all those books Brandon writes that are non-cosmere, are they actually cosmere, but he doesn't want us sharders to know so we don't catch on to the bigger picture and figure out everything?

Definition of evil, right there.

Have any of you considered that Hoid May...BE...Brandon sanderson? Simply the guy that knows everything and is trying to make sure that all the stories progress like they are suppose too?

There is a WoB specifically stating that Hoid is not Brandon, though that was my personal theory for a while as well.

In a WOB somebody asked what would happen if Hoid held Nightblood unsheathed and would he feel sick. As we know anybody Nightblood determines is evil, feels drawn to the sword and once they pick it up the sword amplifies the persons bloodlust causing him or her to slaughter anyone nearby and then commit suicide. When asked Brandon just started laughing, HARD and responded RAFO.

“And while I am your friend, please understand that our goals do not completely align. You must not trust yourself with me. If I have to watch this world crumble and burn to get what I need, I will do so. With tears, yes, but I would let it happen.” - Hoid to Dalinar. WOR Chapter 67

I always pictured Hoid as a very intelligent, slightly mad anti hero with a painful past. He seems to try and help whenever he can but he has a goal and will not be stopped from accomplishing it whatever the cost. (He's my favorite character)

He seems to be the definition to 'Play the fool, to catch the wise'

• Chaos locked this topic